Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default WOO LMS / DIRTcar Technical Bulletin.. Effective Feb. 1, 2020. Droop Rule & penalties

World Of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series / DIRTCar

Droop Rules & penalties.

Link
    https://www.dirtcarmembers.com/uploa..._Version_1.pdf
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I knew Ray Cook had recently talked to them, but I didn't think they'd go along with it.

I get that their trying to keep things in check but from the day it came out with ray i have not agreed with it their are to many other variables that can cause this measurement to fluctuate. At the end of the day i guess it just comes back to shop time and figuring out when and what you can and can't do

I don't think this is entirely related to Ray Cook's rules. WOO caught someone bending the rules too far. Suspended spoiler? Who has details and pictures? Looks like the rear deck of the 97 car is extremely high in Victory Lane pictures!

Why not apply the rule to all of UMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Farmer View Post
    I don't think this is entirely related to Ray Cook's rules. WOO caught someone bending the rules too far. Suspended spoiler? Who has details and pictures? Looks like the rear deck of the 97 car is extremely high in Victory Lane pictures!
    The droop part is certainly what Ray cook did first. The other stuff seems to address some things that were being done outside the intent of body rules.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Why not fix the real problems. Enforce body rules and fix the noses.

Quote Originally Posted by bb14 View Post
    Too easy. Lol. The problem with the old wedge cars wasn't hike. It isn't with these wedge cars either.

But these nose and roof suppliers have a lot of inventory and they sponsor things.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-07-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Who will bale from woo cuz of this rule. I know theres a few that wont run ray cooks series cuz of it. Or did they know about this rule before hand

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    Who will bale from woo cuz of this rule. I know theres a few that wont run ray cooks series cuz of it. Or did they know about this rule before hand
    Pretty sure they told them before vado or at vado

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Pretty sure they told them before vado or at vado
    The sheets were handed out at Vado.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Madden's wrap makes it easy to see what they are all doing with the bodies, especially the rear section of the decking/quarter panel.

https://www.facebook.com/85470356824...455950/?type=3

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Farmer View Post
    Speaking of spoilers - what's the deal with spoilers being flat on the front side and rounded on the back side?

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    Why not apply the rule to all of UMP?
    According to how I read it. It includes UMP. I.E. DIRTcar.
    UMP is DIRTcar.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by bb14 View Post
    It seems they are going to focus on enforcing current body rules.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Over/under is April 1st as the last time they check this rule. Place your bets now. They can't check the 15" nose height rule, which is essentially the same thing, but wayyyyy easier to check.. not sure why they think they will actually be able to check this one long term. Check the 15" nose height, then check deck height. no droop rule needed. Not to mention with this new rule, your RF spring, RR spring, underslung location, deck orientation are alllll going to effect this measurement. #WoO #Runwhatyabrung

If you were to run a Lucas race on Friday night and were going to run a WOO the next night how much labor or time would be involved? This may be a big problem for locals when the WOO comes to town, actually might be a bigger problem for WOO when car counts decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    If you were to run a Lucas race on Friday night and were going to run a WOO the next night how much labor or time would be involved? This may be a big problem for locals when the WOO comes to town, actually might be a bigger problem for WOO when car counts decrease.
    I’m guessing Lucas ends up following suit. They’ll probably pass out their bulletin at Golden Isles.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Madden's wrap makes it easy to see what they are all doing with the bodies, especially the rear section of the decking/quarter panel.https://www.facebook.com/85470356824...455950/?type=3
    they're is a rule on that body line and it is not supposed to be more than one inch drop pulling a string from the rear most point of the deck to the front and the feneder top is supposed to be flat on the same plane

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    It's not a big deal, you just lower the deck with the adjuster almost all cars have now. It's not like cooks rule where there is a starting deck height measured at ride hieght, cook is more limiting the hike where WoO is just limiting the max deck height at what ever hike limit you are using. You won't have to change anything but the deck height (Aero) and not really mess with the set up. Cooks you may have to alter the chain length and thus mess with steer and your set up.