Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    One of the best threads in a while and it all stems from a rule change. LOL These body rules are totally out of hand. I'm old school and just hate the look the newer DLM is. Right front all jacked up...........left rear dragging the ground...........Watching cars sitting on their body tin to pass the tech shed and then stand up on their nose with the ass miles in the air to race. Crazy stuff. Are they measuring the right front and the left rear at the same time? I'm just asking for a friend. lol
    Lucas does a reasonable job of measuring before the race starts in the line up, but they don't measure at the exact same time as they measure the front then walk directly to the back and measure and allow the crew guy to adjust the rear adjuster up or down to get the rear correct.

When we raced late's in the 70's there were three rules... single four barrel, 11" tire and a body no more than six years old. 40 cars in the pits, a full field in every race and packed grandstands. Where did we go wrong...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    When we raced late's in the 70's there were three rules... single four barrel, 11" tire and a body no more than six years old. 40 cars in the pits, a full field in every race and packed grandstands. Where did we go wrong...

Modern technology & no old school

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Probly in the early 90's, when Rick Hendrick hired the first full time aero engineer and teamed him up with Ray Everham. And then the spring behind in the late 90's. The rest is history!

Quote Originally Posted by racedad11 View Post
    There is a particular poster on this thread that needs to have his post brought back up if he starts complaining about the late model car counts at the track he`s promoting this year. Car counts are dwindling everywhere and doing nothing and letting things keep going the way they have been obviously hasn`t been helping anything. Sorry can`t` quote.
    Well I will say you are referring to me. You do not have to hide who you are referring to, you can mention me by name, given I made sure my tag isn't hiding who I am. You will never hear me complain about car counts at MRP. At the end of the day, if car counts dwindle, and the track isn't able to fund itself, since I don't take a dime from it, it will be our test track for the remainder of the lease. I do not hide that. I also only took over the track to help keep it open and operating. Trying to make sure guys had a place to race, include myself. I would love that burden to be on someone else but it's not because I didn't want to sit by and watch a place I and many others enjoy keep going the route it was. I get on 4m and read everything any new and " old fella" has to post, take it in, understand where they are coming from, and try to be better in this sport. I'm not trying to be or claiming to be some kind of savior, I'm trying to make an impact on this sport that we all have grown to love and enjoy. I would certainly hope that any poster on 4m that hasn't been to our track, that plans to come, reach out, and so I could personally meet them. At the end of the day, every one on this website has the same goal in mind, keep racing alive. Ideologies, theories, and experiences may differ but the end result is the same.The small amount I may post may be insignificant or a differing view to most, I just hope everyone associated withing this community understands my goals do not differ from yours. If you get a chance come to our track, if you see me at another track, approach me, you will see that we are all virtually the same.