Default 2020 World of Outlaw Points Battle

Now that the season has started and we have seen 3 races what does everyone think the points champion will be. I think it will come down to Sheppard, Madden, and Weiss. The others to watch for me would be Junghans, Clanton, Dillard as a dark horse, Marlar if he is actually going to run the tour, and Erb Jr. Please can we keep this civil and not have a pissing match please I am curious to see what everyone thinks

I don’t think marlar said he’s interested in running a series

It will be between wies and Sheppard with madden trailing in a close third. Wies has the crew and maintenance program to run with the blue #1. Team zero not so much.

Will be Sheppard vs Madden throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Will be Sheppard vs Madden throughout the year.
    Totally agree. Madden has taken over as top dog @ Team Zero. Chris will be the one that gives Sheppy the most trouble.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    It will be between wies and Sheppard with madden trailing in a close third. Wies has the crew and maintenance program to run with the blue #1. Team zero not so much.
    Madden and his guys operate totally different than Scotts group. Madden is much more organized than they are. I don't think the maintenance program will be a problem unless Cody doesn't give them all the stuff they need to get it done.

Just an FYI, no Clanton this year on WoO tour. I think that the blue one car is just too consistent to get knock out of that top stop.

Think the top-5 in order will be Sheppard, Madden, Weiss, Lanigan, Junghans. I know Bloomquist is still planning on running the series despite his surgery, so if he does then the top-5 won't be so clear-cut. I think the battle for 4th will be good between Lanigan and Junghans, Weiss will finish solidly in 3rd, and Madden will have a shot at Sheppard going into Charlotte.

To beat that house car, you have to have an excellent year with no screw ups and have the house car have some uncharacteristic troubles through out the year. Rocket1's preparation is unparalleled in dirt late model racing.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 01-08-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by mod95 View Post
    think the top-5 in order will be sheppard, madden, weiss, lanigan, junghans. I know bloomquist is still planning on running the series despite his surgery, so if he does then the top-5 won't be so clear-cut. I think the battle for 4th will be good between lanigan and junghans, weiss will finish solidly in 3rd, and madden will have a shot at sheppard going into charlotte.
    this ^^^^^
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    To beat that house car, you have to have an excellent year with no screw ups and have the house car have some uncharacteristic troubles through out the year. Rocket1's preparation is unparalleled in dirt late model racing.
    That's what happened in 2018, Rocket 1 had a couple DNF's from parts failure and Marlar and Madden avoided the bad finishes as they came down the stretch. Just about every race will see Shep, Madden and Weiss finishing up front so points will be hard to make up without bad luck for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JM15 View Post
    Madden and his guys operate totally different than Scotts group. Madden is much more organized than they are. I don't think the maintenance program will be a problem unless Cody doesn't give them all the stuff they need to get it done.
    While i agree madden tends be hard in his crew. They didn't make it through the long haul the last time he ran woo. When things are going good madden is all smiles but put him on the road away from the family for a month and let him get a little behind and it becomes everybody's fault

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    That's what happened in 2018, Rocket 1 had a couple DNF's from parts failure and Marlar and Madden avoided the bad finishes as they came down the stretch. Just about every race will see Shep, Madden and Weiss finishing up front so points will be hard to make up without bad luck for someone.
    Madden needed some help but lost out on his shot at Charlotte. I believe it was a day race on Saturday afternoon. He pulled off 7 laps in with heavy smoke coming from the car. I believe from an oil line coming loose. And he finished last.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 01-08-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mod95 View Post
    Think the top-5 in order will be Sheppard, Madden, Weiss, Lanigan, Junghans. I know Bloomquist is still planning on running the series despite his surgery, so if he does then the top-5 won't be so clear-cut. I think the battle for 4th will be good between Lanigan and Junghans, Weiss will finish solidly in 3rd, and Madden will have a shot at Sheppard going into Charlotte.
    I’m putting Cade in the mix for 4-6 with Lanigan and junghans

This is going to be a great battle to watch all year between Madden and Sheppard. Madden is the only guy on tour that I think is at the point of his career that could have the type of consistency needed to take the rocket ship down or at least give him a respectable run for his money. These two will be the clear favorites each night. I think we’re in for a treat this year with the points race. I think it’s going to be much like the Schatz-Sweet battle over on the sprint tour last year.

I think when you look at WOO LMS as a whole, it's a good mix of veterans racers and young guys that haven't been around very long either on the national scene or regional racer. I'm sure someone will take these two list out of context but this is how I break it down. I'm not down playing guys like Sheppard or Weiss who have won big races. Just guys who have been racing a long time vs the young talent. I think it's a good mix of new and old.

veteran racers - guys who have been around the sport a good while
    Bloomquist - Madden - Erb Jr. - Lanigan - Lloyd (Rookie) - Briggs

Young racers who have not been around for very long.
    Sheppard - Junghans - Spencer - Larson - Dillard - Weiss - Evans (Rookie) - Cosner (Rookie) - Winger (Rookie)
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

As much as it is good having 3 very competitive cars/teams to use one another for resources can this also hurt them? My thoughts are when you have to race one another each night at what point will something happen that one of them will be pitting by themselves??