Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloomquist recovery update?

This is a simple question on how he is recovering from the hip replacement? Please no idiotic comments, I for one want to see him back at Volusia and see how this WoO series plays out, do I think he can win the title, very doubtful but he is going to run up front and make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    .....Please no idiotic comments.....
    You forgot where you were.

He said he'd be at Volusia.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    You forgot where you were.
    Exactly... 90% of the time it will happen here and 100% of the time when Bloomer is mentioned. It's to be expected. I lol when someone expects to get respect in a Bloomer thread. It ain't happening...

Get over it people and just look past it.

I am not a fan but there is no reason to trash him and so far I don't see any posts doing it. Right?
    As far as How he is doing, I am sure someone with knowledge about it will let everyone know. As for racing in FEB, I will be surprised if he is ready, but there is no way of knowing about that right now. Right?

Bloomquist is a great car builder and very good at knowing what it takes to win! The fun days of Bloomquist is gone. 10 years ago, the reaction of the fans was priceless anywhere he raced, 90% booed and 10% cheered, he was the real outlaw. Now we have people who know little about racing rooting for him because they want to root for a winner, the days of fans pulling for locals is gone. Its just the way it is!

LOL, I have been to races watching him for 30 years and I don't ever remember 10% for and 90% against. there were plenty on both sides, but he always had a strong following. I always booed him when announced because it was a tradition, but I always heard plenty of cheers and saw hundreds of his shirts. He did what he set out to do, and I give him credit for the greatest LM driver in history, but I still don't care for him and no reason to discuss why, but I do hope he can return and be a factor. He is great for the sport.

Coming back in February would be too soon after a total hip replacement IMO.....but it will be great to see him whenever he does decide to strap back in.

He's the GOAT and that isn't going to ever change either.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Coming back in February would be too soon after a total hip replacement IMO.....but it will be great to see him whenever he does decide to strap back in.

He's the GOAT and that isn't going to ever change either.
    Too SOON for your average Joe maybe....

Hope he does take his time and heal up but the guy just can't sit still.

Actually the hip replacement surgery was moved from January 10- to this Friday January 17. That is 1 week less recovery time before Volusia- ??

Post #9
    BBQ - totally agree with you on both statements.

Says on Twitter it's tomorrow the 16th

I've met Scott a few times through the years at different events. Some were good nights for him and some were not. Now he has met many thousands of people through the years and he would never ever recognize me from any other guy who has bent his ear in the pits but every single time we have spoken he has been really nice to me. I've had good conversations with him and I have appreciated that. I also appreciate what he has done in the sport and the races he is in, are usually better races because he is in them. My wishes are for a sincere get well and speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    I've met Scott a few times through the years at different events. Some were good nights for him and some were not. Now he has met many thousands of people through the years and he would never ever recognize me from any other guy who has bent his ear in the pits but every single time we have spoken he has been really nice to me. I've had good conversations with him and I have appreciated that. I also appreciate what he has done in the sport and the races he is in, are usually better races because he is in them. My wishes are for a sincere get well and speedy recovery.
    I agree with your post to the word.

Awesome: 14 reply’s and no b.s. yet- this could be a first- keep it up! Thanks in advance!

Surgery is tomorrow hoping for a quick recovery. I figure the pain from surgery has to be better than what he’s been dealing with thus far. He stayed in car during Vado races went in through roof and stAyed in all eve.

He very well may be back for Volusia, but he won’t be anywhere near 100%. He’s never going to fully recover from his injuries, he’s just gotta get used to the new normal for him. He’s excellent at adapting, so he will return to being competitive, but I do believe his dominating days are over. He’ll still get some wins now and again for sure, but the biggest threat out of that camp these days is Madden.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Default Josh

I tend to agree with you, but how many times have we said that before? I to think that, only to be proven wrong.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but how many times have we said that before? I to think that, only to be proven wrong.
    It’s different this time. He’s had life changing injuries.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

As a fellow hippie, I would be very surprised if he was able to make Volusia. That would be less than a month since the surgery. The trauma to the hip is bad enough but what takes the longest to heal are the muscles that need to be cut/moved for access. Scott is in for a couple difficult months but once he is fully healed he will feel like a new man. I wish him luck. BTW, if anyone has the stomach for it, there are good youtube videos on total hip replacement surgeries.