Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Wow I had no idea they were that high. I just assumed they were lower than WOO and Lucas. Not sure what kind of turnout they'll get for USAC considering this area has been known for LMs and not much for sprints. I'm sure I'll be there just out of curiosity and the chance to see something different on the track.

I understood dropping WOO when they did with it being a 2 car show (plus whatever good locals showed), but now with the roster WOO has were missing out on seeing Shep, Madden, Weiss, and possibly Bloomquist depending on his schedule this year. Gonna have to head up to Port Royal this August to see a good LM show
    I was young and tossed conventional wisdom to the wind on many things. But I drew the line there. No way was I going to turn a profit on that show with that kind of upfront expense.

I had good crowds and didn't need to mess that up by puttin all my cash reserves on a maybe.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganRebel08 View Post
    say you have WoO and 2 support classes with a total of 100 cars pit side..average of 5 people per car at $40 per pit pass

100 x 40 x5 = $20,000

200 fan pit passes

200 x 40 =$8,000

General admission

$25 adults 2500 in attendance
    $15 kids 200 attendance

$25 x 2500 = $62,500
    $15 x 200 = $3,000 Thats $93,000 in ticket sales alone...

3,400 fans at an average of $5.00 per person in concessions stand food $17,000 in food

$100,000 in revenue before insurance, sanction fees, purses, sponsor money. If tracks were smart at these big events, they would hold a special weather insurance policy that would cover the event if things went south or had to cancel which would cover a loss.
    If your numbers were 100% accurate tracks would be lining up to host an event.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    MC-92. YOUR WRONG. Flat out wrong. WoO and Lucas both have a sanction fee. You believe a touring series comes to a track brings all the support people and a ton of other costs and we're do they get the money to cover all those costs ? The promotor then needs to cover the purse costs. Sure some bring in to dang many support classes. If you look at how many tracks around the country take that gamble I think the numbers are low.
    I stand corrected. I asked one of those individuals yesterday and he said NO and sounded very confident in his reply. Granted, he is the one that typically gets the track ready and doesn’t deal as much with the business side of it. Anyway, fast forward to today and I txted the other one who I swore told me last year they didn’t but he said yes. That WoO is $8500 and Lucas is $5000. Before I replied yesterday I made sure to ask and based off what I was told that was my answer. But the purse and all that is correct. My bad.

It would be my guess that a few Lucas races don’t receive sanction fees from the tracks. 2 that I would suspect would be the North/South 100 at Florence & the DTWC. These are long standing races that I am sure Lucas loves having there name on & the tracks get the Lucas publicity-??
    Neither really needs a sanction to be successful-plus the 100k to win at the DTWC is a great season ending promotional tool for Lucas. Seems these particular 2 events would be a win-win for the tracks & Lucas Series-??
    Just my thinking : which doesn’t mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    100% correct, Tireguy17...

Even the high money travel teams wouldn't show up to buy 5 pit passes...

When I ran my track, we averaged 2.3 pit passes per team, during our normal nights. On special events (WoO's, WDRL, USMTS, etc), we would be in the lower 3's.

Numbers do not lie, and these were our actual numbers.

I don't know if this has anything remotely direct to the topic here but this is what someone asked Moyer Jr a while back.

https://mobile.twitter.com/21BMJ/sta...09553677492225

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    They typically are. Both tours turn down tracks every year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    They typically are. Both tours turn down tracks every year.
    That they do. It takes a new track at times 3-5 years to get on the schedule.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Is it correct that WoO and maybe Lucas give pit passes to the teams top 5 or 10 in points ?

5 pit passes per car? shoot. I need to make more friends or something.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.