Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cost to bring in National series

I often wonder, What kind of money does it normally run these tracks to bring in these national series such as Lucas or World of outlaws? I'd figure it's a pretty penny considering the amount of cost the series has to run up and down the road.

$50-70k for a basic show

But how much usually how much does the track bring in though

Wow, These tracks must make some big $$$ bringing them in to justify that for 1 night of racing. In my simple mind I find it hard to see a track making enough money in one night to justify that kind of expense.

Quote Originally Posted by 0cents View Post
    Wow, These tracks must make some big $$$ bringing them in to justify that for 1 night of racing. In my simple mind I find it hard to see a track making enough money in one night to justify that kind of expense.
    Sponsorship would be key there. The Silver Dollar Nationals is presented by Imperial Tile, but I don't know how much money they put in. But, I-80 has other track sponsors as well. I wonder how the revenue is cut though, like what goes to the track and what goes to the series.

I would say at one time that would be a very good decision to bring a touring series in! I think a lot of tracks do that to get their name out, or to have bigger name drivers come to their track for other races. But anymore it seems a like a costly price with no promise of a big event. Lucas and WOO are getting less than full field as the norm starting last year. I think cost really depends on tracks, The North-South as an example would pack the house reguardless whether sanctioned or not!

I would seem to think the 50-75 would include the purse- not just sanction fees- ??

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    I would seem to think the 50-75 would include the purse- not just sanction fees- ??
    Yes, when you book any national touring series, you pay the sanction fee and the entire purse.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Every track I’ve went to with national series is packed out. And if there was only one support class it be more packed. Advertise racing over by 10:30. That’ll get more families out that’s never been to there local track but always interested.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

So how much is the sanction fee for a WOO or LUCAS show now a days?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

The week day shows can be very small margins, especially if the weather impacts fan count. I know a track that hosted a weekday WoO show last year, weather sucked, had to power thru the show, and the track lost over $10K.

Talked to one of the owners of Virginia speedway one night. Lots of cars not many fans in the stands. Told him i was sorry he'd didn't have a better turn out and the lost he was going to have. He said that through sponsorship his over head was basically covered. One of the nicest facility in the country. Always a good car count but never many fans.
    Last edited by tsand; 01-16-2020 at 12:31 PM.

If they hadn't built Virginia motor speedway in the middle of nowhere they might have a crowd I was at a crate race a few years ago paying 25g to win the guy beside me was a flag man at another track I said this guy doesn't have enough people to play first place money little on the rest of the field he said don't worry about it the guy is loaded with money a lot of these race track are bought for a tax rite of if you will notice they go up for sale in 5 years.

Virgins Motor Speedway is owned by the family that use to own the NASCAR track either Martinsville or Richmond if I am not mistaken.

Virginia Motor Speedway

A few years ago, a track owner told me he netted $139k on a 3 night race!

Virgins Motor Speedway is owned by the family that use to own the NASCAR track either Martinsville or Richmond if I am not mistaken.
    Richmond was owned by ole man Sawyer.

Martinsville was owned by Clay Earles, now it is owned by Nascar like Richmond.

Richmond....
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

$50-$55k covers purse, fees, insurance, etc. key is having sponsors to offset cost