Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mastersbilt’s

Default Mastersbilt’s

Does anyone know what the differences between the new Mastersbilt’s are?

Gen X
    R8
    Gen R...

I’d like to know if possible which cars are able to be updated to the latest without reclipping the chassis

Thanks

GEN R = raised rear rails
    R-8 = Built using Docol tube

All gen X can be updated to latest specs, mainly rack , strut & frame rail raised for clearance, and added bracing to front end.
    Can also be updated to under rail and bolt on 4 link brackets,
    I think this can all be purchased in kit form, if you have the fab skills.

Quote Originally Posted by MLR19 View Post
    GEN R = raised rear rails R-8 = Built using Docol tube All gen X can be updated to latest specs, mainly rack , strut & frame rail raised for clearance, and added bracing to front end. Can also be updated to under rail and bolt on 4 link brackets, I think this can all be purchased in kit form, if you have the fab skills.
    100% correct we have done this to our car, and replaced the 4 bar plates with the new updated kit.

Here's about $800.oo worth of updates... two raised crossmembers, new four bar brackets and mounting hardware. Nice quality stuff. For my '03 Smackdown.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151953...posted-public/
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Default More questions lol

I have so many questions. So are all of the pictures on that flickr the same car? If so I’d like to do the same to my 04 Mastersbilt.
    Have you driven the car since Sd if so would you say the updates have made the car competitive against the newer cars (Gen R, XR1...)?

Is this the S7 update or is this another kit?

Also what is entailed other than updating to the raised cross member?

I was looking at an “R8” in my area and it is incredibly cheaper than any XR1 or even blue gray. I was wondering why. The same guy has a year older Gen x by MBH that is the same price. I don’t know why the newer car wouldn’t be more especially being of Docol tubing.

Thanks so much

Default Follow up

When you say raised rear rail. Where exactly did they raise the rails and is it both rails?

Probably raised right rail.

Both rear rails are raised

Default I’m slow lol

Sorry just having trouble visualizing what they did. So if they raised the rear rails they would have to raise the driver correct? Unless the rails that were raised are the rails that the shocks connect to

The over rails are higher and rr rail is inset farther to give more clearance for spring movement and tire movement, main frame rails are in the same place, rails over the rear ended are higher

Awesome thanks so much!

So does that mean that the rr shock is longer and leaned in more?
    Last edited by rosco; 01-20-2020 at 05:35 PM.

There's a mix of pix...different cars. Mostly used for reference to my car. Some pix are of my smackdown... bare black chassis

Haven't raced with the updated...ask me this summer.
    Last edited by Krooser; 01-22-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    Class of 2019

If the rr frame rail is inset more does that mean the rr shock is at more of an angle?

Quote Originally Posted by rosco View Post
    If the rr frame rail is inset more does that mean the rr shock is at more of an angle?
    I doubt it. You can rub on gen x with extreme drop.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Looks great Krooser.

Thanks.... I must confess I leaked out and had a local shop do the work. I'm back working 60 hours per week so I have the cashola to race so I realized if I want to race this year it had to get done.

Right Foot Performance in Appleton, WI did the work. They build new pavement cars plus contract with two other guys to build their modifieds and IMCA stock cars. They also build a lot of suspension parts like birdcages, torque rods, sway bars and such. Good people.

I just got the heat turned on in my shop last week...several years ago a guy was using my shop to build a bobber cycle and ran up a huge gas bill then took off. I had just retired and had it shut off because I didn't have $900 to pay the bill back then. Now it's toasty warm so no excuses for not getting the car done.

Still waiting on pistons...
    Class of 2019

Kooser, id go ahead and put the X brace up front, the drivers dash bar, and the under-slung in the rear....make it stiff like a new car. Makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE...

also run a stiffing bar from the LF upper coil over area on downtube, back to the door bar area. stiffens quite a bit as well.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    also run a stiffing bar from the LF upper coil over area on downtube, back to the door bar area. stiffens quite a bit as well.
    I believe early ( 2017?)XR1’s had one, but not the later ones