Default Closing: Blue Ridge Motorsports Park (prev. Sugar Creek)

Blue Ridge Motorsports Park (prev. Sugar Creek)
    January 17 at 10:12 PM ·
    After months of deliberation, we have made the hard decision to close the racetrack. We want to sincerely thank all of our sponsors, loyal drivers and loyal fans who made the last three years possible.
    If anyone is interested opening/promoting the racetrack, you can reach Scott Stewart at 706-258-7386. Thanks to all and God bless.

I hate this so bad, but I'm not surprised. The most recent promoters sunk a LOT of money, time and effort into the place and it seems like over the course of the past 3 years have gotten burnt out. Plus, one of the owners of the land/track itself has built a wedding venue like 100 yards behind the track, so all the brides that are paying them lots of money probably wouldn't like late model hot laps going on during their wedding vows. lol I hope something will change though, this is my home track!

We would like to say thank you to dale and Gary for all the improvements and hard work they’ve put forth over the past 3yrs! Racing will continue in the Blue Ridge mountains more details to come soon!

I hope this is true. A lot of time and $$ went into the track for it not to open.