Default Long Strut vs short strut

I see club 29 cars Forsale. Some day long strut and some say short strut. What is the difference between the two and what are the advantages of which?

Thank you

Short strut is a longhorn copy. The strut arms are much further back in the car. Keeps the strut bolt from hitting and giving you more travel on rf. Ling strut car is more of a blue grey front car.

What is the strut? Is that the shock tower? Or the lower control arm perhaps?
    Sorry I’m so new to this.
    Any pictures or diagrams that I can look at?

Thanks again

I dont have a picture handy but the strut is the lower control arm side that goes to the front crossmember. Some cars are rear strut that runs towards the rear of the car.

This is a smackdown but it's basically the same chassis.

Look at the tube that runs under the RF frame rail to the lower control arms. That's a strut rod. One on each side. You can see the adjustment on the heim end. Front of the car is on the left.

You can also see the forward crossmember that the strut bolts to. That's on of the areas that drags on the track with the newer pinned RF set-ups. The new updates replace that x-memebr with one that is straight across. Raises up the lowest part of the x-member about 2".

The center crossmember that mounts the steering rack and the inner control arms mounting points is also raised to keep it off the track.

If your car bottoms out on either of those two spots you loose control and head for the fence.

A rear strut has that rod running to a bracket behind the RF wheel instead of in front of the wheel. Makes it even less likely it will drag on the track.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151953...posted-public/
    Last edited by Krooser; 01-20-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

awesome thanks for explaining that!