Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are you guys doing?

With everyone hunkered down during this China virus, I think it would be fun to share what projects, or things you are doing at home. I'll start.

I am laying down and grouting the stacks of flagstone I've had for months on a new patio.

Hung the last of the LED lights in the shop. So much brighter than the fluorescents I had before.

Things I'm doing next....
    Finishing the interior on my '70 Camaro project.
    Re-wiring the backhoe and new seals on the hydraulic cylinders.
    Patiently waiting for racing to resume in which case none of this will get done!!!

I'm getting a bunch of reading and TV watching done. I'm also getting some board games played. I currently have Unconditional Surrender: WWII in Europe set up in my library and Lord of the Rings The Card Game set up in my dining room. I have some primed miniatures on my painting table ready to get painted. I'm also working on getting through some of my video game backlog.

Our legends car and sport mod are done and ready for racing season to start so there's nothing left to do out in the shop.

I'm working in my shop pretty much like every other year at this time. Our shop is only 150' from the house so I don't have to drive anywhere or take any chances on being exposed. The China virus hasn't changed our work schedule or situation in the least.
    \
    Floracing had been broadcasting old USAC Thursday Night Thunder Series and USAC Copper on Dirt at Manzanita, among a bunch of other racing. I've enjoyed the hell out of setting down with a beer and seeing guys who have moved on to NASCAR or retired from racing altogether along with guys that weren't as well known then as they are now.

Flo broadcast the MOPAR Million at Eldora (2003) over this past weekend. I attended the Million but had forgotten just how good of a show it was. All in all, for us, this deal really hasn't been all that much of an inconvenience other than we like to go out for dinner and drinks a night or two every week. We'll survive just fine without that.

pulled my fathers old fish and ski boat out and gone try to crank it , he,s been gone since 2012 and that was the last time it was fired up , machine works has all but stopped here so im cleaning up shop and doing some equipment maintenance .

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    pulled my fathers old fish and ski boat out and gone try to crank it , he,s been gone since 2012 and that was the last time it was fired up , machine works has all but stopped here so im cleaning up shop and doing some equipment maintenance .
    I'm sorry for your loss, ff.

I presume you're working on an outboard. Are you figurin' on doin' some fishin' when you get it fired up? I'm guessin' the specks will be hitting in your neck of the woods. Mmmmmmmm! They call 'em crappie up here but it's a bit early for them right now.

What kind of machine work are you involved with? I wish I had learned a little bit of machining and maybe bought some equipment back when I was just getting started. Some of the things you guys do amazes me. It's artwork, to be sure!

Messing with my favorite little stalker on 4m and keeping my fat girls in shape chasing them in circles around the dinning room table (we run 8 lap heats and a 25 lap feature every night!!)

Just hope 9 months from now one or both ain't pg!!

Stay safe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Messing with my favorite little stalker on 4m and keeping my fat girls in shape chasing them in circles around the dinning room table (we run 8 lap heats and a 25 lap feature every night!!)

Just hope 9 months from now one or both ain't pg!!

Stay safe!!!
    Hey blackie!!! How's everything up your way?

You be careful chasin' those phat girls! You don't wanna' run too much of that giggle off of 'em. If ya' do then they won't be phat girls anymore, and you can't have that!

There's an upside if ya' get those two fine ladies knocked up. In a few years you'll have a couple of ready made racin' companions you can take to Sycamore with ya'!

Take care Blackie and stay healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss, ff.

I presume you're working on an outboard. Are you figurin' on doin' some fishin' when you get it fired up? I'm guessin' the specks will be hitting in your neck of the woods. Mmmmmmmm! They call 'em crappie up here but it's a bit early for them right now.

What kind of machine work are you involved with? I wish I had learned a little bit of machining and maybe bought some equipment back when I was just getting started. Some of the things you guys do amazes me. It's artwork, to be sure!
    you hit the nail on the head cirf , and thats what we call them , a buddy of mine went last week and caught his 30 limit in 45 min , said they were all slabs , which is big down here...lol....

I'm putting in a new stool and am wondering whether I should leave the old doughnut since it is so much larger than the new one. In fact the new stool just has a wax ring that goes around the stool outlet only.

Maybe buying a wax doughnut is the way to go instead. I don't remember having any problems the last time I did this job.

Or maybe like some of you are thinking, I should buy a box of yeast doughnuts, get some coffee and forget it!!! hahahah

I’m still working a couple ways a week, but when I’m not working I hang out with my kid and try to keep her mentally sharp while she’s off from school. Otherwise, I tend to just play video games. Right now I’m playing NFS: Payback because it was hella cheap on the PSN store a couple weeks ago. It’s a pretty fun game.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    I'm putting in a new stool and am wondering whether I should leave the old doughnut since it is so much larger than the new one. In fact the new stool just has a wax ring that goes around the stool outlet only.

Maybe buying a wax doughnut is the way to go instead. I don't remember having any problems the last time I did this job.

Or maybe like some of you are thinking, I should buy a box of yeast doughnuts, get some coffee and forget it!!! hahahah
    Did you consult with toilet paper barons in Iowa and Illinois prior to installing the new Jon??
    You're going to have to go through them until the pipeline can get refilled.....it could be years.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

you hit the nail on the head cirf , and thats what we call them , a buddy of mine went last week and caught his 30 limit in 45 min , said they were all slabs , which is big down here...lol....
    Flounder biting in the inlet .....and I can get wifi there to boot......and the grandkids can come with me because they aren't in school.

I am working as much as normal, just doing it a little differently and from a much prettier location now a days.

Concerned and hopeful but not panicked..........more frustrated in and with the idiots that are.

Dam!! That sounds 'bout as good as it gets! There will come a day, God willing, when I won't be busier than hell when the crappie are hitting up here. And when that time comes we hope we too can limit out in under an hour!! That's not only fun, it's also very tasty when they come out of the fryer!! I've got a good ways to go before that day comes but I think about it a lot!

Working like crazy! Nothings changed down in the sunshine state!

So far, haven't lost a customer and the state just renewed my contract last week......God is good!

I haven't taken this "virus" very serious, but im trying to cooperate with local officials!

Me and the wife are going to be childless tomorrow nite, but all the dang restaurants are closed to take out only! smh

Wife and I got Chinese take out and went down to the point and watched the sunset fom our zero gravity chairs with a bottle of cheap barefoot moscato.....was about as good as it gets as far as a nice dinner spent with a great lady.

We look to celebrate what we do have versus what we don't anymore.....something we should be doing anyway.

Lightbulb

Hey blackie!!! How's everything up your way? You be careful chasin' those phat girls! You don't wanna' run too much of that giggle off of 'em. If ya' do then they won't be phat girls anymore, and you can't have that! There's an upside if ya' get those two fine ladies knocked up. In a few years you'll have a couple of ready made racin' companions you can take to Sycamore with ya'! Take care Blackie and stay healthy!
    LOL ! there are already predictions that there will be a major baby boom in the next 9 to 12 months. Some couples will have lots of time to lay around and snuggle with all of the extra time on their hands. Another reason to vote the abortion party out to save all of those full term lives.
    Last edited by Raceready; 03-26-2020 at 06:19 PM.

I've started playing more Gran Turismo Sport on PS4. You can race against people from all over the world. I'm going to have to get a good wheel and all the rest of the stuff (brake and gas pedal and gear shifter though. There are some really talented people on there for sure.

I'm glad that you don't have a game where you have the opportunity to race against " Do it to it Jack Hewitt " because you would have NIL chance to enjoy VICTORY lane since from what another might have been saying on here is that he was the best that ever was or was ever will be in dirt racing history . Sort of like the " Million dollar man Donnie Moran" or the " The Shoestring Traveler Chub Frank " { That is famous for the only driver that spent the least amount money to end up earning the most money in DLM history while also winning in Modifieds , LLMs etc.}. Jack would show up anywhere anytime to race for a good purse. He wasn't a so called ' HELLICOPTER KID " like LAME Joey Logano, He was brought in by copter from a sprint car racing in the day to the location of a Late Model race at night because he was a threat to win everyday, everynight , anytime in any type of car ! !

Dam!! That sounds 'bout as good as it gets! There will come a day, God willing, when I won't be busier than hell when the crappie are hitting up here. And when that time comes we hope we too can limit out in under an hour!! That's not only fun, it's also very tasty when they come out of the fryer!! I've got a good ways to go before that day comes but I think about it a lot!
    to me , there the best fresh water fish there is , i like them fixed about any way there is , but my fav is fried and battered with zatarans southern fish fry , its the one with a little picture of a lemon on front of box , i pried myself with cooking from scratch , but i have never been able to quite duplicate that flavor....BTW , i was telling my daughter , whom is a school teacher and is also staying home , that i left her modified off my list , we work on it every evening , you would not know she is a girl the way she works in the shop and i am really enjoying it.......

That's a cool story FF .......a modified driving teacher......love it.

Find you a little lemon powder( not lemon pepper) and play around with it in your scratch fish dredge....

We use a lot of house Autry fish fry and add the powder to it.