Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cirf

Default Cirf

I'm sure you talked to Jack this past week but, thought you might enjoy this interview. Glad to see Larson get the win. I watched the replay this afternoon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnL5...Qg_dRvHZafdFiw

Old Jack Hewitt was a merry old sole, He had a buckskin belly an a rubber aahole !

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm sure you talked to Jack this past week but, thought you might enjoy this interview. Glad to see Larson get the win. I watched the replay this afternoon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnL5...Qg_dRvHZafdFiw
    Yep, we talked to Jack and his wife Jody several times throughout Chili Bowl Week. If I recall correctly Ol' Jack ran second to Sammy Swindell at The Chili Bowl back in 1989 but that was as close as he would ever come to winning the Saturday night A-main. I'm sorry to say I was way too young and way too broke to go to Tulsa in those days.

Whenever Jack was at his booth out at Tulsa last week there was a crowd around him. Jack is, and always was, a huge asset to racing. He's nearly universally loved and he can make a race fan of most anyone. I am hugely fortunate to say we've known Ol' Jack for just about 30 years and it's a rare honor to call him and his wife our friends.

Thanks for posting that interview video, Kid. We watched the interview take place but we didn't hear what was being said.

Larson had 'em covered this year, for sure and he didn't have any bad luck, like other year's. It's the loudest checkered flag ovation I ever recall for a Chili Bowl winner. Even louder than when Christopher Bell won it the first time. I don't how much bigger this event can get. It puts a real strain on the Expo Centers' infrastructure. The electricity in the air is palpable and unmatched at any other dirt racing event we've ever attended. Get yourself out there to Tulsa sometime, Kid. You won't believe it!!

You are a great spokesman for open wheel racing cirf......I'm not really in open wheel country and don't get to see much of them except for an occasional woo sprint or some of the regional sprint series from time to time.
    Every time I read your posts makes me want to branch out a little more and seek them out instead of just happening to catch them on the card.......love your passion and descriptions for the event in Tulsa.

It's on my list.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    You are a great spokesman for open wheel racing cirf......I'm not really in open wheel country and don't get to see much of them except for an occasional woo sprint or some of the regional sprint series from time to time.
    Every time I read your posts makes me want to branch out a little more and seek them out instead of just happening to catch them on the card.......love your passion and descriptions for the event in Tulsa.

It's on my list.
    I sincerely appreciate the kind words, BBQ. You're a stand up guy BBQ and kind words coming from you mean a bit more.

I'm in somewhat the same situation as you describe. In the area we live dirt late models are king, and for good reason. They're exciting to watch!! We were raised on an ample and steady diet of DLM racing, we were heavily involved with a championship caliber DLM team before I was married, and we love it as much or more than any other type dirt racing. I go to FALS many weekends throughout the summer knowing I'm going to see the best DLM racing in the country. However, when we travel to see something different, such as dirt open wheel racing, or when dirt open wheel racing comes to our area we're naturally interested due to the lack of exposure in our area. An open mind is a wonderful thing! LOL!

The night I first met Ol' Jack he was driving a dirt late model but after we became friends I started following his career and found that the cars he drove to make his living were very exciting to watch and required driving skills and bravery that are unsurpassed on dirt. The open wheel cars Ol' Jack loves has left him with a permanent limp and without the use of his right arm due but he wouldn't have it any other way. That, among other things, is why he's universally loved!

Get yourself to The Chili Bowl, BBQ. It's one of the only events where the actual racing equals or exceeds the hype. When you decide to make the Jan. trip to Tulsa let me know and we'll help you as much as we can to make the experience as enjoyable as possible and to avoid some of the pitfalls of a 1st time attendee.
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-24-2020 at 09:44 AM.

I’ve seen CB I and II, Shootout II, and CB 2007, one more in there somewhere I forget the year. It is an event of events in the racing world. The “feel” is so unique. Eldora W/100 use to feel that way back in the late 80’s early 90’s. As did FALS PDC, Cedar Lake for the first WoO LM USA Nats and a limited few other DLM events - yet, the unique “feel” of the CB still remains today even on PPV. You just have to go to understand.

Swindell Speedlab / Chili Bowl Nationals 2020 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAv6IK3cdyo

Cool

Very good post ! Everything We have seen and heard about Tulsa and the racers that come to have a chance to win The GOLDEN DRILLER in a La Dee Da state like Oklahoma reminds us of the 200 or more dirt late model racers from almost every state in the union and Canada, not to mention a couple teams from Austraila that migrated into the backwoods area of Pennsboro, West Virginia to race the The Hillbilly Hundred and then the coveted Dirt Track World Championship. The races at Pennsboro was compared to being a HAPPENING more than an event. It was compared to the WOODSTOCK of dirt track racing. From what the media and fans have said on this forum, The Chilli Bowel is a HAPPENING !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I sincerely appreciate the kind words, BBQ. You're a stand up guy BBQ and kind words coming from you mean a bit more. I'm in somewhat the same situation as you describe. In the area we live dirt late models are king, and for good reason. They're exciting to watch!! We were raised on an ample and steady diet of DLM racing, we were heavily involved with a championship caliber DLM team before I was married, and we love it as much or more than any other type dirt racing. I go to FALS many weekends throughout the summer knowing I'm going to see the best DLM racing in the country. However, when we travel to see something different, such as dirt open wheel racing, or when dirt open wheel racing comes to our area we're naturally interested due to the lack of exposure in our area. An open mind is a wonderful thing! LOL! The night I first met Ol' Jack he was driving a dirt late model but after we became friends I started following his career and found that the cars he drove to make his living were very exciting to watch and required driving skills and bravery that are unsurpassed on dirt. The open wheel cars Ol' Jack loves has left him with a permanent limp and without the use of his right arm due but he wouldn't have it any other way. That, among other things, is why he's universally loved! Get yourself to The Chili Bowl, BBQ. It's one of the only events where the actual racing equals or exceeds the hype. When you decide to make the Jan. trip to Tulsa let me know and we'll help you as much as we can to make the experience as enjoyable as possible and to avoid some of the pitfalls of a 1st time attendee.
    I was checking out an article about this years Hoosier 100 being the last ever. It had an awesome photo of Jack Hewett riding the cushion in front of one of the horse barn. I suppose with you being such a connoisseur of the sport, you will be attending this historic swan song ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I was checking out an article about this years Hoosier 100 being the last ever. It had an awesome photo of Jack Hewett riding the cushion in front of one of the horse barn. I suppose with you being such a connoisseur of the sport, you will be attending this historic swan song ?
    The 2019 Hoosier Hundred was the last one ever to be held on the 1 mile dirt track on the Indiana State Fairgrounds, and yes, we attended it. The Hoosier Hundred will live on but it will be run on the the 1/2 mile Terre Haute Action Track. 100 laps on the 1/2 mile next May will comprise the Hoosier Hundred. It was very sad to see another 1 mile dirt track used for auto racing be done away with but time moves on and the Indiana State Fairgrounds powers that be made the decision to kill off one of the 3 remaining 1 mile dirt tracks. Sad indeed.

I wonder if my ol' buddy Clayton Wetters has ever learned the difference between a sprint car and a USAC Silver Crown car! I fear not. LOL!

Question

Thank you for your great real common sense real response ! I am so proud of you for having the where with all to realize that wing vs non wing racing is for no comparison ! ! The very same people that want the weak minded to support dirt late model racers and wont admit that the top winningest drivers are only in the winners circle because the FACT that they are winning only because they are in a HOUSE made chassis . They just don't have the common sense l to realize that that its been a proven fact that even the lamest drivers [ except 1 that had issues with the owner] have easily won in the in the factory car because it was just that, The Factory House Car ! ! ! Why cant the WEAK MINDED realize that the only reason that there are 5 people in the U.S.A. that win all of the time is only doing it only because the REAL fact that the house chassis has the best of everything that is sent to their shop first long before the common Joe is ever going to have the hope to get it ? The parts that that are prototypes from anybody from the USA that manufactures any parts is always going to go to the biggest chassis maker in the USA 1st of course.
    Last edited by Raceready; 02-12-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Thank you for your great real common sense real response ! I am so proud of you for having the where with all to realize that wing vs non wing racing is for no comparison ! !
    The wing vs. wingless controversy will rage on and on. From a bleacher jockey spectator point of view such as myself it's obviously a personal preference. However, there has to be something to the fact that it's most often wingless open wheel guys that make the jump to some of the NASCAR divisions. That fact is not why I personally prefer the wingless stuff. What draws me to the wingless genre's is the appearance of more driver input. I've been told by drivers who have driven both that the skill set and bravery needed is similar in quantity for both but it's obviously different in regards to driving style. Personally I really enjoy watching the wingless divisions back 'em in and it seems throttle control is a major part of the driver input. But it is possible to enjoy watching both and the speeds of the winged cars are quite impressive regardless of preference!!

Red face

The wing vs. wingless controversy will rage on and on. From a bleacher jockey spectator point of view such as myself it's obviously a personal preference. However, there has to be something to the fact that it's most often wingless open wheel guys that make the jump to some of the NASCAR divisions. That fact is not why I personally prefer the wingless stuff. What draws me to the wingless genre's is the appearance of more driver input. I've been told by drivers who have driven both that the skill set and bravery needed is similar in quantity for both but it's obviously different in regards to driving style. Personally I really enjoy watching the wingless divisions back 'em in and it seems throttle control is a major part of the driver input. But it is possible to enjoy watching both and the speeds of the winged cars are quite impressive regardless of preference!!
    Agreement from this corner ! Watching a non wing car driver skillfully backing it into a corner at speed and precision and spray that rooster tail in the air is like watching poetry in motion. On the other hand the late models have the look of a short haired 3 legged dog crunched up while taking a poop in a 20 below zero winter snow storm as they negotiate the corner ! !

CIRFY, Why are you insisting I don't know a sprint from a Crown? Sorry they deleted my post months back where I posted the specs on both. I could do it again you know, if you like, but how does that really prove anything.

You don't know it but I started out going to sprint car races first before anything else. I watched them on dirt tracks mainly in Mitchell Indiana and also went to Salem Indiana many times to the Joe James/Pat O'Conner Memorial races as well as others. Back when Allen Crow, Hurtubise Roger Ward and all of those guys ran. I've seen the Crown cars at Indy once on the mile track and also been to Terre Haute to see them. Now do we really need to discuss the fuel cell sizes, the wheel bases, the motors used in each, etc.

Or should kiss your ring and just say I know nothing just for the honor of being friends? ha

The Crown Cars have wings and a cigarette lighter right????

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    CIRFY, Why are you insisting I don't know a sprint from a Crown? Sorry they deleted my post months back where I posted the specs on both. I could do it again you know, if you like, but how does that really prove anything.

You don't know it but I started out going to sprint car races first before anything else. I watched them on dirt tracks mainly in Mitchell Indiana and also went to Salem Indiana many times to the Joe James/Pat O'Conner Memorial races as well as others. Back when Allen Crow, Hurtubise Roger Ward and all of those guys ran. I've seen the Crown cars at Indy once on the mile track and also been to Terre Haute to see them. Now do we really need to discuss the fuel cell sizes, the wheel bases, the motors used in each, etc.

Or should kiss your ring and just say I know nothing just for the honor of being friends? ha

The Crown Cars have wings and a cigarette lighter right????
    Clay boy, if you know so much about sprint cars and Silver Crown cars and their huge differences then you should understand that tire management is much, much more important to being successful in Silver Crown cars than sprint cars. You should also know that those who have been very successful driving Silver Crown cars and winning races on 1 mile dirt tracks that are 100 miles in length requires a keen and total understanding of tire management when tire changes are not an option if victory is to be realized. Common sense would dictate that keen and total understanding of tire management would favorably equate to dirt late models but you seem to believe otherwise but I suspect that common sense doesn't fit your narrow minded narrative. In the recent past you indicated that a driver who has won no less than 10 100 mile races on three different 1 mile dirt tracks was not disciplined in the art of longer race tire management. Another example of your narrow minded narrative.

Kissing my ring isn't necessary under any circumstances, but objective observations and obvious and logical conclusions are necessary for a reasonable conversation.

I never said anything about tire management in Crown cars.

How about just sticking your ring? You're just wanting to argue for an agenda. Not being sincere about being friends.

There is a Sprint section on here. Use it.

Narrow minded? Check the mirror.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetters; 02-13-2020 at 02:04 PM.

I never said anything about tire management in Crown cars.

How about just sticking your ring? You're just wanting to argue for an agenda. Not being sincere about being friends.

There is a Sprint section on here. Use it.

Narrow minded? Check the mirror.
    So, let me get this straight, tire management skills required to win 100 mile Silver Crown races on a 1 mile dirt track doesn't in any way equate to tire management skills required in 100 lap late model races? Do I understand you correctly, Terry? Clear that up once and for all, okay.

I'll stick my ring when you clarify your position on tire management or when you kiss it, whichever comes first, okay Terry?

Kid Rock originally posted an interview of a guy who was primarily an open wheel driver at an open wheel event. I see no harm in that and I've expressed my gratitude for him doing so. In previous postings you expressed your lack of respect for the driving abilities, more specifically the tire management skills, of the interviewee. That lack of respect is founded with less than accurate logic and objectivity and it was incumbent upon me to set the record straight. If you have a problem with subjects being out of place take it up with the person who originally violated your sacred subject rule! LOL! I don't want to make any erroneous assumptions but I'm reasonably sure you and Kid can work it out I the same manner in which you do regarding other subjects. Right Kid?! LOL!! I use the sprint car section when necessary and appropriate, Terry, so there's that.

I just got done looking in a nice clear mirror and saw very little narrow mindedness. I try to be objective as it's possible for a flawed mortal soul to be. Now you, Terry, on the other hand, not so much.
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-14-2020 at 11:32 AM.

You do not understand me correctly at all so quit making up the fiction.

No, get it straight. Why don't you stick your ring and quit the nonsense. I think you have anger and social issues and I don't want to be involved in this nonsense.

Let it go instead of trying to create a rile.

I used to respect you and like you a lot on here but I misjudged the real you I guess.

Sorry but I don't want to argue with you. I have better things to do than go back and forth with your silly obsessions about tire management and making me out as a fool while at the same time asking to be friends. True friends would not do what you are doing here.

Tell me who would go to races for 50 years and know nothing about tire wear and management. Come on now.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetters; 02-14-2020 at 01:34 PM.

You do not understand me correctly at all so quit making up the fiction.

No, get it straight. Why don't you stick your ring and quit the nonsense. I think you have anger and social issues and I don't want to be involved in this nonsense.

Let it go instead of trying to create a rile.

I used to respect you and like you a lot on here but I misjudged the real you I guess.

Sorry but I don't want to argue with you. I have better things to do than go back and forth with your silly obsessions about tire management and making me out as a fool while at the same time asking to be friends. True friends would not do what you are doing here.

Tell me who would go to races for 50 years and know nothing about tire wear and management. Come on now.
    Terry my friend, it's totally impossible to understand you when you refuse to clarify your position. You refuse to give any examples of how tire management differ's from lates to Silver Crown. I don't believe that is an argument, it's more like a lack of information concerning a statement made with no real evidence to back it up. No anger issues whatsoever. Try not to emulate PowerKyle/Power14/Power20 and dismiss the subject at hand because you really don't want to back up your mindset with facts or even an opinion. I'm sure neither one of us want's you to be placed in the same category as Power boy.

In my world, telling someone to stick their ring is quite rude and unnecessary and most peoples' feelings would be hurt but I won't take it personally 'cause I like ya', Terry.

I believe we could have an interesting and stimulating conversation here on this subject but you seem reluctant to engage in a meaningful discussion. Disappointing.

Terry my friend, it's totally impossible to understand you when you refuse to clarify your position. You refuse to give any examples of how tire management differ's from lates to Silver Crown. I don't believe that is an argument, it's more like a lack of information concerning a statement made with no real evidence to back it up. No anger issues whatsoever. Try not to emulate PowerKyle/Power14/Power20 and dismiss the subject at hand because you really don't want to back up your mindset with facts or even an opinion. I'm sure neither one of us want's you to be placed in the same category as Power boy.

In my world, telling someone to stick their ring is quite rude and unnecessary and most peoples' feelings would be hurt but I won't take it personally 'cause I like ya', Terry.

I believe we could have an interesting and stimulating conversation here on this subject but you seem reluctant to engage in a meaningful discussion. Disappointing.
    No sir I posted the specs on both some time back and I told you I'm done. And since you seem to demand it, I'm done for sure.

There is an underlying reason you are doing this. Want to admit what it is?

Yes there could be a lot to discuss about the subject but you done put demands and offensive insults first. So I just don't feel like it.