Thread: Volusia

Default Volusia

Read Bill Sawyer is the new general manager

Article reads James Sawyer -local from Bunnell to be general manager & world racing group to be the promoter year round. In the past WRG has just used it for the Winternationals & leased it out for the remainder of the year.

DoD reported news from speed51.com it was Bill Sawyer.

Look under the last part of the key notes section

https://www.dirtondirt.com/racewire5268.html

Yes it does. The other article posted above reads James Sawyer- so which one is it? I just hope the new grandstands are completed in time for the winternationals this year. If anyone knows anything on the progress : please update us. Thank you in advance.

Is it possible that Bill & James are related some way ?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Yes it does. The other article posted above reads James Sawyer- so which one is it? I just hope the new grandstands are completed in time for the winternationals this year. If anyone knows anything on the progress : please update us. Thank you in advance.
    I was there Sat night and they said the stands would be finished in time. It looked like all that was needed was the seat backs and bottoms. The supporting structure appeared to be finished!

Zero25

Awesome! Thank you very much. Leaving Tennessee next Thursday January 30 for Brunswick & all thru Volusia. 16 races in 16 days at 5 tracks!!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Zero25

Awesome! Thank you very much. Leaving Tennessee next Thursday January 30 for Brunswick & all thru Volusia. 16 races in 16 days at 5 tracks!!
    Cool! That's a lot of racing!

I live in the center of all 3, but I pass on GIS. The racings just not very good there to me! But ill be at Eastbay and Volusia several nights!

GIS is hit/miss & usually very cold! We play on the beach at Jeckel Island during the day & bundle up for the races at night. Maybe I’ll see you at East Bay or Volusia.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Cool! That's a lot of racing!

I live in the center of all 3, but I pass on GIS. The racings just not very good there to me! But ill be at Eastbay and Volusia several nights!
    GIS has been better lately IMO. Hopefully it’s good this year. I’ll be be there and making my first trip to Eastbay and All Tech

I've skipped GIS last 2 years and haven't missed it at all. I head straight to East Bay and watch the crate finale on Saturday night.

Never heard of the sawyers before. But guess he’s related somehow to the sawyers that run Virginia motor speedway.. hopefully they can get the weekly racing back on track. Need a promotion team that actually puts more than the bare minimum of effort into the track. Take a look at all-tech in lake city. Their really getting that track going in the right direction and it all starts with the ownership/promotion team. Advertising of the track, its sponsors, and the drivers. Released their 2020 schedule in November.

Never heard of the sawyers before. But guess he’s related somehow to the sawyers that run Virginia motor speedway.. hopefully they can get the weekly racing back on track. Need a promotion team that actually puts more than the bare minimum of effort into the track. Take a look at all-tech in lake city. Their really getting that track going in the right direction and it all starts with the ownership/promotion team. Advertising of the track, its sponsors, and the drivers. Released their 2020 schedule in November.

yep, Wendell is doing a great job at Alltech. He's a former racer so he understands some of the issues.

However, the mis-labeled msd inspection bags, left a black eye on him earlier in 2019!

This is a different group of Sawyer's. These Sawyer's are modern-day warriors with mean mean stride and mean mean pride.