Default I70 Motorsports Park - Odessa, MO

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Any updates?
    Supposed to open in late May with a WoO sprint date. I’m not sure what else they got planned. I know they got thrown into the ringer with City/County regarding permits and such, but it appears they are full go.

Thanks HD!

I would love to someday go back to that track. I worked at four races at I-70 back in 1999-2001 when it was pavement. That place was wicked fast for pavement cars back then, probably a little too fast and dangerous. They were running NASCAR Touring, ASA, and Craftsman Trucks for specials around that time. The place needed maintenance and the track surface badly needed to be fixed but because of the banking it would have been ungodly expensive plus the new Kansas track was on the horizon and the truck date was going to go there. The writing was on the wall. Without big money dates, the place wouldn't get fixed like it needed and it would struggle on as a weekly track for a few more years. But even as a weekly paved track, it was almost too much track for most.

Interesting trivia. The first race I worked there was May 21, 1999 and Jimmy Mars started second, led four laps, and finished 18th in the Parker Stores #21 Monte Carlo. I remember his qualifying lap for how he saved a seriously out of shape car coming out of four probably better than anyone I had seen around that time.

If everything they have planned for the property sees the light of day there will also be a drag strip added to the north of the existing oval and a motocross area to the east. I think the track will be an awesome venue for sprints. Might be an engine eater for late models if they try it with the wrong track prep.

The guy who owns it now is the same guy who owns Heartland Park Topeka..... I mean Heartland Motorsports Park. IMO he is not all that serious about dirt racing and just throws sprint cars (apparently that is all he knows) out there every so often (20 car ASCS regional shows.) Drag Racing is what he is into and what he is about.
    Only in racing does a person knowingly put on a dud show, and then blames everyone else for not appreciating their dud show.

There's some vids on youtube from the mid-80's, they covered the pavement with 3-4 ft of dirt for a few years, WoO has been there before, if they keep the banking the way it was, it will be crazy fast.

Thought I saw written somewhere that they were reconfiguring the track.
    I hate time trials.

dirt track is being shortened to a 3/8ths and pits will be outside the track. may 30th is WoO sprints. when the weld family owned that place and it was dirt that was my favorite track ever.sprints & lm's both were great there.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....