Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info sources?

Default Info sources?

What other websites or message boards do you go to for information? It seems like there is a lot of bashing and bickering on her anymore.
    What kind of fields do you think well seen during Speed Weeks? It just doesn't seem like the hype is there this year? Let me know what you think.

Twitter........

Twitter, Instagram, FB, Speedsport, DoD. Generally, anywhere but here nowadays. This place is slipping fast.
    8/13/16

I think New Mexico and Arizona took some of the hype out of speed weeks. I'm looking forward to East bay but have not heard much about who will be there. It rarely disappoints though.

Dirtondirt, Twitter mostly. This place went bad when they started banning the good guys.

This place started going bad when people started using Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and other more up-to-date social media platforms. Traditional message boards like this one seem to be dying. Couple that with a mostly absentee landlord type of moderation, as well as some people being able to convince the moderators to ban others just because they don't like them, and it's all downhill.

But mostly it's because people have moved on to more modern types of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    This place started going bad when people started using Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and other more up-to-date social media platforms. Traditional message boards like this one seem to be dying. Couple that with a mostly absentee landlord type of moderation, as well as some people being able to convince the moderators to ban others just because they don't like them, and it's all downhill.But mostly it's because people have moved on to more modern types of communication.
    Yep. I'd like to thank a certain someone for getting me banned last winter for simply disagreeing with him on a track prep matter at Screven winter freeze. Over the years, I have contributed a ton of information on this site and in one day I was booted. No warnings in the first 12 years of my 4m existence...
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 01-23-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Can't imagine who that would be.....welcome back.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Banning folks only makes things worse.

Ya Twitter, Facebook. All the info posted on this site is secondhand seen on one of those first...

(1) positivelyracing.com has an excellent calendar of events (upper midwest) and several bloggers that write excellent articles.

(2) stlracing.com also is informative and has a forum board.

(3) hoseheads.com has a lot of stuff if you like open-wheel cars (sprints, midgets, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Banning folks only makes things worse.
    Personally, I disagree with that. There have certainly been posters in the past that deserved to be banned.

Also, the board is in current need of some moderation. Posters that act like juveniles should be prohibited from forums like this.

I thought about starting a Facebook group that kinda goes along with the lines of this place. I'm in a few different type of racing groups on there, and there isn't near the childish hoopla we get on here. Sure, there are times where people don't agree and they go on about their business, that's part of it. I think it would just be a headache to moderate everything, and not every one uses Facebook. A good friend of mine ran a Hatfield/McCoy trail riding group that has 27k+ people in it. He just recently turned it over to a other guy because he said it was basically turning into another job.

Twitter is where it's at though for most general info.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 01-24-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Ya Twitter, Facebook. All the info posted on this site is secondhand seen on one of those first...
    I beg to differ.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

DOD, Facebook, Twitter.

That's pretty much all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I thought about starting a Facebook group that kinda goes along with the lines of this place. I'm in a few different type of racing groups on there, and there isn't near the childish hoopla we get on here. Sure, there are times where people don't agree and they go on about their business, that's part of it. I think it would just be a headache to moderate everything, and not every one uses Facebook. A good friend of mine ran a Hatfield/McCoy trail riding group that has 27k+ people in it. He just recently turned it over to a other guy because he said it was basically turning into another job.Twitter is where it's at though for most general info.
    It’s harder for people to run there mouths on Facebook when it shows there real name and picture. Everyone’s just hiding behind there screen names here.

Bingo!!^^^^ This is the root of all the problems on here. Except for a few, everyone is hidden in a screen name...

Exactly right people will find out who you are if you get out of pocket on fb...

Welcome back Pennsbiro32

My screen name is my real name.