Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yep , every one thinks of a bump stop in the dynamic state , and MBR , that tornado and bump stop was a little over 100 bucks , a complete stacked set is heavier and cost at least double that amount , i am in agreement on the stacked being better or lets say more adjustable , but if you dont think outside the box and try things , you will fall behind....

Is there any consequence to going too soft on the left rear spring, while using a bump to maintain ride height?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    yep , every one thinks of a bump stop in the dynamic state , and MBR , that tornado and bump stop was a little over 100 bucks , a complete stacked set is heavier and cost at least double that amount , i am in agreement on the stacked being better or lets say more adjustable , but if you dont think outside the box and try things , you will fall behind....
    I already have stack hardware and a 50# birdcage. Im not buying a tornado. I'll buy things if the physics make sense. I never bought a strange oval axle either.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by bcarrot28 View Post
    Is there any consequence to going too soft on the left rear spring, while using a bump to maintain ride height?
    A hard landing may break your shock mount off, but otherwise no. I've done it before.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The main reason to use a single spring is because you rules specify only one spring per wheel...but, just because there is a spring there doesn't mean it is functional, all I'm sayin', for you limiting rule racers. -Wink

The reason I ask about the light spring is I have been running a 50 on the lr this past year but have not been sitting on a bump, so my chain load is very high. I have also been fighting a terrible bounce on throttle all year since going to this spring.

The reason I ask about the light spring is I have been running a 50 on the lr this past year but have not been sitting on a bump, so my chain load is very high. I have also been fighting a terrible bounce on throttle all year since going to this spring.
    I'm guessing you have a spring or very soft rubber on your chain?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I have tried several hard, soft and none. Still violent bouncing

I have tried several hard, soft and none. Still violent bouncing
    Might be a geometry issue then. How high is your chain load?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

My car is around 200lbs. Teammates car is on the same effective spring rate but stack. His has been as low as 40 and still bouncing.

The spring rate, by itself, isn't the problem. It's shock or geometry.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

We've been through 3 sets of shocks and tried to work with the shock guys. No answer yet. The only thing we changed when this started was lr spring rate and percentages. The same cars had no issue before hand, has been very aggravating.

I had this problem, and i narrowed it down to indexing in the cage at the bottom of your droop travel. As MBR said, geometry. Try to get all the indexing out of the BC, zero index all the way to full droop and see if that does it.

Just by coincidence, i was running about 200lbs droop load, on a 175/175 stack.

We noticed it really bad when i was playing with indexing the top bar, aft 1" on the BC, away from CL. It indexes the cage FWD right at the bottom of droop travel, and that really made it buck coming off the corner.

Just say no...