Thumbs up Deer Creek Speedway (Minnesota) for sale on Post Bulletin.com $2.595m asking price

Deer Creek Speedway
    Spring Valley, Minnesota

Track is listed for sale.
    link
    https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...7736767bd.html
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

wow. one of the tracks I've always wanted to get to. always liked the schedule they put together and the race videos I have watched had some excellent racing. may have to take a look at getting there in 2020.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

It’s kind of interesting that Deer Creek is for sale. I live about 2 1/2 hours away and used to go their 2 or 3 times a year. Great track, great car count but things are changing. I’ve watched the Gopher 50 there probably 6 times and the stands are 90% full, maybe 4000 Fans. A couple years ago they dropped the WOO Sprints which they got a even bigger crowd for that event. 10 years ago or so they started the USRA (USMTS) 4 night World Finals and it lasted about 5 or 6 years. I think they started with 140-150 Modifieds and it ended with about 70. The Fall Jamboree has dropped in 1/2 for car count also to about 70 cars. It’s a tough world out there but I would think Deer Creek comes out pretty well compared to most. I think you sell while you can as these car counts are never going back up. That being said I haven’t been to Deer Creek in 4 years as it’s a long drive and just doesn’t interest me quite as much anymore. I think drivers have become the same way with all the travel as 15 cars came from Texas and 12 cars from New Mexico and now it’s just a hand full for these big events.

Klem, you owe it to yourself to get there. I’m 9 hours away now so haven’t been in a few years but it’s a bucket list place.
    I hate time trials.

Very nice facility, campground is very well kept too. Not sure if the weekend campers are into racing, spots are pricey. Rochester just a fairly short drive to the north and has everything.

Never did understand why they dropped the WoO Sprints in the fall time, it was always standing room only . Could of easily held a 2 day show even because of getting some Knoxville regulars since their season was over. Very fast and racey on that beautiful track. Bucket list track for sure.

This may not be because of not making money, lower car counts or lower attendance.
    The amount of time it takes to run a facility that puts on as many higher magnitude shows as Deer Creek does, maybe the time verses return of profit doesn't equal out any more.
    In a time where sponsors dollars are harder to come by maybe they feel It was time to step away. I believe they have been running this for close to 25 years.
    One concern is being it's close proximity to Stewartville and Rochester that it doesn't end up being a housing development, just saying.

This will be the Queensland's 20th season at Deer Creek. The track opened in 1996 but it was the Queensland family that put it on the map. I noticed some people were angry when they saw the track was for sale on the Post Bulletin website. I have no anger but do have much gratitude to the Queensland's for all they've done for racing in southern Minnesota.

I'm not saying they didn't get rid of the WoO date, but it's possible that WoO decided not to return. They(WoO) made a yearly treck to Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, IN but decided this year to drop them because "they couldn't find a date". They (WoO) are known to get rid of tracks they've been to for years for whatever the reason. I've seen many videos from Deer Creek and wouldn't mind seeing it 1st hand.