Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Now you can own a race track

Saw the thread on Deer Creek being for sale. Here's a few others. Any more to add?

Kentucky Lake
    https://racingnews.co/2020/01/25/ken...dway-for-sale/

Ararat Speedway (or Rolling thunder, or Ararat Thunder, depending on the year and promoter) in Va (hey, this one is cheap, and comes with a house!)
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...07984981_zpid/

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Saw the thread on Deer Creek being for sale. Here's a few others. Any more to add?

Kentucky Lake

Ararat Speedway (or Rolling thunder, or Ararat Thunder, depending on the year and promoter) in Va (hey, this one is cheap, and comes with a house!)
    The Ararat one is the only one that looks like something doable.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Red Hill in Sumner, IL is still for sale.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Ararat is to far from major roads and to small for big shows. Really good track for mini sprints, 4 cylinders, etc... Not much for Late Models.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post

Kentucky Lake

Ararat should have a boxing ring along w that place. Never been cuz the run on fri and couldnt get off work in time but heard they like to scrap up there alot. Might b one reason why they shut down

Ararat. Looks like a pretty good spot. However, If I bought out there, I wouldn't buy a race track. I would lock the gate listen to the birds and clean my guns. the price is pretty dang good though.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Ararat is a neat little track. They call it a 3/8. I say it's a glorified 1/4. I have seen some great mini-sprint and 4 cylinder races there. Late models, not so much. I would run mini-sprints and legends if it were mine. Location will keep it from being too succesful.

Huset's Speedway 2012 S. Splitrock Blvd, Brandon, SD 57005 $9,450,000.

www.husets.com

Husets - what happened to the sprint race in which the winner would get the track?

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Husets - what happened to the sprint race in which the winner would get the track?
    Only Roth motorsports, baughman reutzel, rudeen racing and one other team put up money to race it. They wanted 20 teams to put up 200,000 to race lol

Didn't the eminent domain purchase render klms useless,but yet it is for sale asking 3x what current owner paid for it

It only took part of the pit area and pit road.

The cost to get it back in shape would be incredibly expensive. Plus the fact the locals do not want it to be a racetrack. Getting a permit from the county would be tough.

http://www.husets.com/

Only $9.45MM

I didn't realize they had such a problem with drugs out in the Dakotas........somebody on some great ones thinking they are going to even sniff 9.45m.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I didn't realize they had such a problem with drugs out in the Dakotas........somebody on some great ones thinking they are going to even sniff 9.45m.
    No crap. You dumped a pile of cash in it and think you’re going to get it back right now.

You’re the one who thought you knew everything. And rubbed people the wrong way. Maybe half that. I understand he dumped a bunch in it, but it’s not ocean front property.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Husets’ owner was the guy that said he’d put Knoxville out of business. Funny fellow he is.
    I hate time trials.

Did he take a hard fall or something before he said that?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default Bbq

He had no shortage of confidence for sure. My lament, having been to Husets a few times, was that it was a pretty cool place albeit mostly a sprint car culture. Shame to see what has happened with it. The comparison with how he tried to operate versus the Queensland family at Deer Creek is dramatic.
    Last edited by kazual; 01-28-2020 at 09:22 AM.
    I hate time trials.

He ran a pay-day loan business that charged over 500% interest on short term loans. After South Dakota capped the interest at 36% he closed up and is trying to sell everything.