Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Couldn't make it on 36% huh?

Asphalt, I know, but another speedway, Myrtle Beach, heading down the path to being sold:

https://speed51.com/future-of-histor...y-in-question/

“It is so expensive to operate a facility like that, we continue losing money year after year and just at some point you have to say we tried with everything we possibly could and realize that without people in the stands you’re never going to be able to survive,” Lutz said. “So the people that say, ‘Why is it going away?’ and ‘We wish it would stay,’ I wish those people would support us week after week and we wouldn’t have to do this.”

He tripped over Litey I heard.

Default Myrtle beach

The best Racing that place ever saw was when it was dirt.....and I dare say the best class on that we're the 6 cylinders.

It's in the way of a bunch of money being made, it will be gone soon......the last and current owners put forth the effort for sure.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Swainsboro is still for sale for (allegedly) $1.2million Very nice facility, but someone would need to sink some additional money into making the racing surface something other than bottom groove single file. Really nice karting facility next to the big track. The downside is the location.

Such a shame. Used to go there from where I grew up near Youngstown, and once I moved near Columbus, I went too. I enjoyed it. That seating is the best there is. Dang shame.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Myrtle Beach

I was there last year and ran outta time to go look at the track. It would suck in a way owning MYB Speedway. On one hand, you wanna be loyal, not greedy, keep it as a racetrack, not go with the flow. Take the money and run deal.

On the other, it’s an asphalt track in a very high demand tourist location with prime property. If you don’t wanna drop $10k hitting Disney, or the Caribbean, or Hawaii, dropping around $5k and going to MYB is a better alternative. And a lot of us can drive there.

So this guy could get major coin for the land. On a track I’m sure he isn’t really making money at. The city I’m almost sure would rezone it. They are constantly looking for ways to spruce up and modernize MYB. As long as the developer hasn’t pi$$ed off the city, I’m sure it’d go through.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It will go through with zero issue.......too much money to be made for the county in new home tax revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It will go through with zero issue.......too much money to be made for the county in new home tax revenue.
    For sure. But do they want it for housing or for businesses? I never did pinpoint where it was.

Both most likely.....business along 501 but there are a ton of homes that back up close to it already along the backstretch.
    I haven't heard one way or the other but I'm sure the county will have no problem approving a decent proposal from a reputable developer.

That whole area out there in and around Carolina Forest is booming.

As a point of reference the speedway sits about a mile inland from the intracoastal waterway bridge you cross over coming into Myrtle Beach on highway 501.

Re: Husets - a real nice facility but if he was willing to give it all to the winner of the race and wanted $200,000 per car with a minimum of 24 cars; isn't that $4,800,000? And now he wants $9,500,000 or so for it?

Quote Originally Posted by dalex9 View Post
    Re: Husets - a real nice facility but if he was willing to give it all to the winner of the race and wanted $200,000 per car with a minimum of 24 cars; isn't that $4,800,000? And now he wants $9,500,000 or so for it?
    There was some big story about how his tax professional told him how much money he could lose and how much he could write off on taxes. For the $200k entry, one person was going to win the track or $3.6 million. 2nd place was going to get their entry fee back, and the rest would lose money. No wonder only 3 people entered.

Not sure if it's still for sale, but it makes this look like a decent deal for $800k: https://racingnews.co/2019/06/27/dev...rack-for-sale/