Default East Bay/Screven ?

Well how is it going to play out? How many will make the trek to Screven? It could be a nice payday for a regional driver? How many will go to East Bay? I've been to Screven for the Winter Freeze in the past and kind of like the vibe, but I like the warmer weather better! I feel like the compacts will pay their own purse through the number of cars and the people they bring with them at Screven. But $20 grand for late models seems a little tough to recuperate. I don't seen a whole lot of lm fans? I would think most of them have already made Volusia or East Bay plans. Thoughts?

It will be interesting to see how it plays out for sure. The payday is good at Screven- will some teams by-pass East Bay for Screven or will a few teams leave East Bay for Friday/Saturday at Screven?
    Could be some WOO guys will show up there before Volusia. Personally: I wish Red hadn’t done this again but maybe it’s his way of trying to get back at WOO??
    I start at Brunswick-EastBay-All-Tech (this year)- then 6 nights at Volusia. Screven has always been a thorn splitting up the teams for the Lucas Races at East Bay. I guess it’s good for the race teams but not so much for the fans! Just my 2 cents worth! 🏁🏁

I love big regional shows like Screven is having. Should still be a solid field of competitors. So far I've seen (Fergy, Bailes, Roberts, Lanigan, mentioned going). I would assume Overton would go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I love big regional shows like Screven is having. Should still be a solid field of competitors. So far I've seen (Fergy, Bailes, Roberts, Lanigan, mentioned going). I would assume Overton would go.
    I heard overton is gonna go to East bay and see how it goes during the week then decide what to do similar to last year

I enjoyed Screven. People were friendly. Even the sheriffs/deputys parking us were friendly. We ran up to Brown's family kitchen or whatever it is called and the sheriff even saved us our front row parking spot. Coming from up north though East Bay has been the go to for warm weather. It is nice to be sitting there in a t-shirt. If Screven was after Florida a month or so I would be interested. It is kind of fun going to new tracks/areas and checking out what is around. Definitely looking forward to some racing and hopefully some warm sunny days. It feels like it's been a long, crappy, grey winter here. Not too cold, just long.

Quote Originally Posted by roughride View Post
    I enjoyed Screven. People were friendly. Even the sheriffs/deputys parking us were friendly. We ran up to Brown's family kitchen or whatever it is called and the sheriff even saved us our front row parking spot. Coming from up north though East Bay has been the go to for warm weather. It is nice to be sitting there in a t-shirt. If Screven was after Florida a month or so I would be interested. It is kind of fun going to new tracks/areas and checking out what is around. Definitely looking forward to some racing and hopefully some warm sunny days. It feels like it's been a long, crappy, grey winter here. Not too cold, just long.
    I agree 100%, if this was moved a few weeks forward, the place would be packed out with racers and fans.....
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwrench View Post
    I agree 100%, if this was moved a few weeks forward, the place would be packed out with racers and fans.....
    I’m pretty sure that’s what woo wanted to do and screven wanted to keep it the same

Well, if you don't wanna sit through 42 classes and stay till the wee hours of the morning, Screven is the place to be.

But, if you wanna see better racing, only 1 class, wear shorts and a tshirt, be done around 10, Eastbay is the place to be. I always choose the latter!

I've frozen at both before....and I like both places....east bay is my favorite.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I've frozen at both before....and I like both places....east bay is my favorite.
    That is a super honest post right there, me too but thought I was going to freeze to death one year at screven, if you have the money go to east bay, nothing like it!!!

East Bay hands down. Screven is a sh*thole. The racers don't want to sit there until whatever time they finally get the show moving. The term slow country fits that place well.

Screven is far from a shot hole.......the track provides some great racing most times.
    I've seen many more good ones than bad ones.

East bay though, there really is no other like it.....if you haven't been, go before it's too late.

The Screven race can't be run in March. By March racing in the Carolinas and Georgia is going already full swing. Not to mention the snowbird fans that travel to Florida for Speedweeks have long since returned Northward.

Looks like Trent Ivey has Screven posted.

That could be trouble......like the sounds of it.

Both are great tracks and should be good shows. I'll be at Screven, the front wheel drive race is wild/entertaining.