Default Brand new crown jewel race

If you were going to start a brand new crown jewel race from scratch in todays times what would be the best ways to get it going and try to make it last? What are the most important things fans and racers alike would be looking for? It's a given that big money brings big names but how about average win money but a way better payback with a real good pay scale for non qualifiers? Does the time of year make much difference? Track prep and facility would need to be at least on par with other big races. If I were able to do it if would be a three day show with complete shows on first two nights and points from first two night will line up heat races for 3rd night. Rules would be as very simple, carefully checked and enforced body rules and the rest is pretty open. Motor rules, must start on its own. Tire rule, must hold air preferably round. That's about it.

For the fans, clean bathrooms and beer... I like the 3 night deal...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Pay back more thru the field Instead of a top heavy winners check.

They need to make less races so called crown jewels. For awhile anybody that had a $20K to win Lucas race it was automatically part of the crown jewel cup.

Crown Jewel races can't be made. They have to be born.
    They have to become a "Winning this race will provide validation for my career" type of event. It takes TIME for an event to grow to that magnitude.

Big money alone doesn't make a race a Crown Jewel.
    See: Dirt Million. Cool concept, no staying power. Crown Jewels will have staying power.
    Last edited by Shiny Side Up 18; 01-28-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

If I were to start a new big late model race, I’d go with a three day format. 25k/1k first two nights, 100k/4k final night.

•100% open tire, which means it would probably go unsanctioned, although I could see the WoO being okay with open tire. There would be no tire testing, because it’s redundant with an open tire rule.

•Group qualifying first tow nights where you draw for a heat as you sign in, and in qualifying you only time against the guys in your heat. Fast guy in each heat group spins a 0/2/4 invert wheel for their heat. Heats would be 15 laps. Rest of preliminary night shows would be straight up.

•Final night is set up off of a driver’s best finish from the first two nights, and is straight up the whole night. Heats are again 15 laps.

•No support classes. There will be stuff to do around the track during the down time between each segment of the show and after the show. Things to do would include: Simulators and other video games, I’d have various local breweries set up stands and have beer tasting booths, Two different live music stages, 1 for rock music, the other for country, a couple mechanical bulls, miniature golf, go karts, maybe a comedian, a tent set up with TVs broadcasting every MLB game that weekend, and a few carnival rides for the kids. The intention is to make sure there is no extended down time all weekend (other than from like 2am till 10am every day), even during the day in between races. Make it a racing based festival environment. A redneck Coachella.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

10,000 to start going up by 1,000 for each finishing position.

Redneck coachella.....lmao

That's funny as hell.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The Rigsby Report will call it the biggest, most earth shattering, changing the history of the sport announcement in the past decade. I’ll have KISS play the national anthem. But I probably won’t be able to pay the entire purse because I’ll have wasted all my money by having KISS play the national anthem. No big deal. I’ll make up an excuse that the winner didn’t have the title sponsor’s sticker on their car. Or maybe their window net was illegal. James Essex will scream, “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” the Pierce family will be looking for a fight, Billy Moyer will announce he’s retiring (again), Ronnie Johnson will have missed the entire thing because he was late and the 4m will blow up with a thousand threads about it. But honestly, how cool would it be to have KISS play at a dirt track!

How do you "Start" a Crown Jewel race? I , like many have grown to hate those 2 words. Just because you are I80 and you have a race that pays 50k to win does not automatically make it a crown jewel race folks!!!

Call me old fashioned but isnt a Crown Jewel race a race that EVERY driver wants to win, is not sanctioned as part of a points series and has some serious history to back it all up. I hardly think that a Lucas race that pays 20k or more and the same day as a WoO race qualifies as a crown jewel.

I give Lucas credit for sanctioning all these big money races within his series but its been proven over the past couple years by Brandon winning more money and races on the Woo tour and now with Zero defecting that there is only so much cash to go around and only a couple teams really make the money in this game.

Anytime Crown Jewell is mentioned in a thread it always turns into a bunch of Eldora lovers telling everyone that they can't have what they have. To me the SDN is a Crown Jewell because it is the biggest race close to me it is the one I care the most about about I would say they have done a good job in building that race into something, if I was going to start a big late model race I would follow their example.
    Only in racing does a person knowingly put on a dud show, and then blames everyone else for not appreciating their dud show.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Call me old fashioned but isnt a Crown Jewel race a race that EVERY driver wants to win, is not sanctioned as part of a points series and has some serious history to back it all up.
    ...so by these requirements you are saying that there are NO Crown Jewel races for Dirt Late models.
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird73 View Post
    ...so by these requirements you are saying that there are NO Crown Jewel races for Dirt Late models.
    Pretty much right! World, Dream, National 100. Maybe have it sanctioned (why I dont know) but on a weekend that the opposite series does not run. Like DTWC or FALS? How can you say its a crown jewel race if its on a date that does not allow all of the best of the best to come together?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Pretty much right! World, Dream, National 100. Maybe have it sanctioned (why I dont know) but on a weekend that the opposite series does not run. Like DTWC or FALS? How can you say its a crown jewel race if its on a date that does not allow all of the best of the best to come together?
    Well the DTWC has had the same date since the beginning of time.

National 100... couldn't even tell you what region of the country it's ran in with certainty, let alone track and thinking of it as a crown jewel.

I'm not near as hard core Late Models as I used to be, or as a lot of people currently are; but I feel I mostly understand what's up and if I can't with clarity tell you anything about about the National 100 then it's not a crown jewel it's a regional jewel.
    "The Wise One"

The National 100 has been ran every year since 1975 at East Alabama motor Speedway. Not sure if it's crown jewel worthy but it has drawn some of the "best of the best" over the years. At one point it was even paying $30k to win.