Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Might as well make this a crate race next year since they had about 50 at East Bay last night and maybe those guy will support this race. I cannot believe some other guys would not hit this on the way down to East Bay. They are running 6 nights in a row at East Bay. No need for practice there tonight!!!!
    plus I don't think first few nights are points nights anyways. Seems like that would be practice enough

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    plus I don't think first few nights are points nights anyways. Seems like that would be practice enough
    Best 5 of 9 nights count and the weather isn’t looking great mid week
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 02-02-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Weather looks fine all week

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Weather looks fine all week
    There was a chance of rain Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Obviously has changed

You all the time hear fans support your local tracks, support racing, tracks dying every year. Well it goes for drivers too. This is probably their biggest super race of the year. They needed support. Plain and simple. 10 cars is pathetic. Hats off to the out of towners that did stop to race.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

You guys saying they paid 5 grand are reading the website or facebook wrong. The 5 grand race is for the pure stocks. They paid $1000 last night and $2000 today for late models. Go to their (crappy) website and scroll down to the entry form, it says the actual payout. I don't think that's enough possible reward to risk tearing up a car before East Bay and Volusia. I don't even know if they ran late models last night like they had planned, i didn't see any results anywhere.

I'm reading on DoD in multiple places that it is $5k to win. Says on thier website under the flyer and the registration form

February 2nd
    UMP Super Late Models
    Time Trials
    Heats
    Feature 5000.00 to win

They weren't even scheduled to run a Super LM show other than on Sunday. They had open practice Thursday that included them.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 02-02-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    You guys saying they paid 5 grand are reading the website or facebook wrong. The 5 grand race is for the pure stocks. They paid $1000 last night and $2000 today for late models. Go to their (crappy) website and scroll down to the entry form, it says the actual payout. I don't think that's enough possible reward to risk tearing up a car before East Bay and Volusia. I don't even know if they ran late models last night like they had planned, i didn't see any results anywhere.
    On the live broadcast on speed shift they announced 5 grand to win for late models..

It is 5 grand to win. Always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    It is 5 grand to win. Always has been.
    Well ok then, I'm wrong. Look at the entry form on the website, it does say otherwise.

Whitner Weisser strickler Stone moyer Fitzgerald troutman cribbs hammerlee Leonard at the finish

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The silver spoon guys find nfs not up to their standards.
    So all them guys who decided to pass on North Florida have silver spoons?

The place never gets a good count, ever. My guess is it’s a sh!thole and they don’t like it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It did pretty well for a few years CnB. The year McCreadie left the track and wrecked the pit entrance, people started dogging it. I've enjoyed races at plenty of "$hitholes". Yes, the current crop of racers have a certain attitude that didn't used to exist.

I know how the track is, without a guess. I've spent many nights there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    Well ok then, I'm wrong. Look at the entry form on the website, it does say otherwise.
    That's for next weekend.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I’ve attended many races recently at NFS . Granted it’s not brand new facilities but the racing has always been good!! The hard thing I think is guys look at if they run into trouble today it could put you behind for the whole season if running for points. Phil and Liz do a great job with NFS . I hope racers and fan someday attend the track. It doesn’t have to be a show place to have good racing!

My guess is it’s a sh!thole and they don’t like it.

Yep, 45 mins from my house so I stayed home!

Track is totally unsafe, from rotten wood bleachers to poor catch fence!

But races better than most the tracks in Georgia.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The first dirt track I ever went to was at this track when I was 6/7 years old (I grew up most of my childhood living in Lake City). Its how racing got into my blood early in life. I remember the first time the big drivers showed up there in about 1987' or 88' and seeing Billy Moyer parked in the infield (I can still picture that image in my mind) along with Jack Boggs and Jeff Purvis. My brother who is 12 years older than me still has pictures from that race.
    Last edited by Crossbones; 02-03-2020 at 01:36 AM.

gotta be better than jax raceway!!!! lol big P.O.S or whitewater...