Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remember first time there with HavaTampa,in the drivers meeting they said,if you go off the back stretch,to stay in your car, because of the snakes that lived in all the car tires!

So obviously most of you guys have never traveled with a car on the road. They just ran 1 night (but it was supposed to be 2). Now, most of those guys are staring at 13 nights in a row, assuming no rain. A night off, although it would be more valuable in the middle of the schedule, is a very wonderful thing. Especially true if you can skip a track that you don't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That's for next weekend.
    Yeah, totally see that now, the entry form doesn't list any dates. Whoops.

Having raced at NFS myself I can tell you it's not a pristine palace, but it's no worse than dozens of other tracks around the country.

The purse was sh!t too. Only 250 to start

GREAT , another thread where people are b!tching and griping about a track/race they didnt even attend , yep , this will surly fix the sport , carry on .........

I imagine the reason that some of the teams don't run there is that they have races all week coming up at East Bay and they don't want to take a chance of tearing up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
    So obviously most of you guys have never traveled with a car on the road. They just ran 1 night (but it was supposed to be 2). Now, most of those guys are staring at 13 nights in a row, assuming no rain. A night off, although it would be more valuable in the middle of the schedule, is a very wonderful thing. Especially true if you can skip a track that you don't care for.
    It was not supposed to be 2.

One problem is that it is a UMP tire race, yet there are no more UMP races in FL, for another week.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I got my best finish ever in my modified at Lake City (NFS) in 1987 during Speed Weeks... rough, beat up track that they didn't even grade or water after an All Star Double Header the night before.

Sometimes being down 200 HP is an advantage.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019