Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East Bay Future

Default East Bay Future

It’s gonna be an absolute shame in 3 or 4 years if this place is no more. Such a great track. The fans love it. The drivers continue to say how fun it is. Awesome racing. Yes I have seen a few snoozers there but they are far and few between. I could easily name 10 tracks off the top of my head that I’d trade for East Bay Raceway Park to live on. ...See yall there Friday night!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

The problem is what you see during WinterNationals is what East Bay should be all year - but its not. Most of the rest of the year we get a track that either grinds your face off with a sandstorm or is rubbered down before the end of dang hot laps. Track prep, maintenance and upkeep of the entire place basically ends on February 16th and starts again next January.

I wonder what track will take the place of Eastbay week. What other tracks in Florida are capable?

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    The problem is what you see during WinterNationals is what East Bay should be all year - but its not. Most of the rest of the year we get a track that either grinds your face off with a sandstorm or is rubbered down before the end of dang hot laps. Track prep, maintenance and upkeep of the entire place basically ends on February 16th and starts again next January.

Could that be due to the time of the year these races are run?

East Bay owners are looking at property in Bradenton-(32 miles south)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I wonder what track will take the place of Eastbay week. What other tracks in Florida are capable?
    Have to wait until Sunday to see if All Tech Speedway can.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    East Bay owners are looking at property in Bradenton-(32 miles south)
    Are they looking to build another track or is there something already there?

so when exactly is the last year for winternationals at east bay per the agreement?
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

I wonder if All-Tech can replace it. It is a really big track which is hard on motors like Volusia. I wonder if guys would want to run two straight weeks of that. Also, one of the great things about East Bay and Volusia is being close to the ocean and having plenty of stuff to do during the day for fans. With All-Tech in Lake City, I don't know if there is enough there to make it exciting. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    so when exactly is the last year for winternationals at east bay per the agreement?
    2023 or 2024

Zyyoung

I am not sure about what they are looking at in Bradenton. The lady who is the office manager told me 4 months or so ago that they were looking at property there. The idled DeSoto Speedway (asphalt) just sold recently to a u-tube guy. I don’t know if this might have been what she was referring to or not-?? I will ask some more nosy questions before we leave here this week.
    For the last 2 years there has been a lot of aluminum bleachers just behind the main grandstand in storage. Those are not there this year. The entire area around the track has became pretty dismal looking over the past 2-3 years. The trucking terminals & other businesses have gone. All that remains is the racetrack & a towing/storage lot. It’s almost as if you could see the future going to Mosack the past few years. (just my thoughts)
    We went by All-tech Sunday on our way from Golden Isles. My personal opinion is that it wouldn’t be a good choice to replace East Bay because if location & local amenities. As far as the racing-will know more when we check it out this Sunday. I agree with the above post- it is a big track & would be hard on motors for 6 straight nights. ( Again, just my thoughts which don’t mean anything)

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    I wonder if All-Tech can replace it. It is a really big track which is hard on motors like Volusia. I wonder if guys would want to run two straight weeks of that. Also, one of the great things about East Bay and Volusia is being close to the ocean and having plenty of stuff to do during the day for fans. With All-Tech in Lake City, I don't know if there is enough there to make it exciting. JMO
    That is a good point. I went to Volusia once in my life in 2003 and even though I'm a diehard dirt fan it was only because I went to the Bud Shootout and twins that year staying in Daytona. Lots of stuff to do around there at that time of year had a blast...

Mark my words, there is absolutely no way the current ownership of East Bay builds a new race track. Absolutely, 100% not going to happen. Weekly racing here in Florida is on a bad downturn. I don't doubt they looked at DeSoto speedway, but that's not an option anymore. For other options for Lucas you've got All-Tech, North Florida, Bubba's Ocala, and Hendry County. None of them offer the great location that East Bay does. I'll be curious to see what happens myself. I can potentially see the week splitting between 2 tracks, maybe.

For some reason I can't quote and reply, so to what TDRacin® said: As far as the track surface, it absolutely has to do with the time of year. Getting a good dirt surface when its 90 degrees and blazing sun until almost 9pm is nearly impossible. But a bit of effort would certainly help. The races start at 7pm. Numerous times I've rolled in there at 330 and the water truck was already put away for the evening, if it was ever brought out at all. I've got gopro video of going out for HOT LAPS and it's already a dry sandstorm. And I've walked into the stands and you can see the outline of where everyone say the previous week because the stands are still absolutely covered in sand and dirt from the previous week. When i stopped racing I used to go there every single week. Then it went down to once a month...and last year I didn't step foot in the place after winternationals.

Guess I’ll enjoy East Bay while it last. But I do hate my February trips to Florida could end. Not paying nascrap hotel prices to go to Volusia. I’ll have to purchase a camper or I’m done.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

We have a small( 23 ft) toy hauler that we use down there....we haul all our junk,unload and live in it while in Florida. Works just fine and its payed for itself.A lot of great times had in and around that thing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Wonder if Forrest Lucas would consider building a new track. Could run Lucas speedweeks and Lucas sprints. Then some mod and crate stuff. Also, you dont have to run all the time like East bay and Volusia do now throughout the year.

I really thought the future of Desoto would be dirt. And when I heard the news about East Bay a few months ago, i was pretty convinced Desoto would be bought and all that busted up asphalt would be removed. Turns out some guy bought to do "burnouts" in the infield with his buddies. I think the paved 1/4 Auburndale is for sale, but that is a small and narrow track, so why put money into ripping up the asphalt? Plus it is far from both coasts.

Bubba is the only track that could replace Eastbay.Racetrack and local amenities are great.

However, they have severely cut back racing this year, and Im not too sure if they can financially support a weeklong event! They have also cut back a lot of Speedweek events this year as well!

What would it cost for somebody to walk in and buy East Bay or is it to late to try and buy it. I would love to see whoever built Lucas Oil Speedway buy it and then you wouldn't have to worry about it they could run it whenever and do all kinds of stuff with it