Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: East Bay Future

East Bay is under a right-to-purchase contract. It couldn’t be bought regardless. That property is only valuable to one entity- & they have a contract on it! Mosaic Corporation

Well that sucks. Who is the Mosaic Corporation and why would they not want to run the track especially during this time of year I bet they make a good bit of money this week right? I mean they could do concerts at the track during the summer and could do all other kinds of events too but I guess they don't want to be bothered with it

Mosaic is the country's largest producer of potash and phosphate fertilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Well that sucks. Who is the Mosaic Corporation and why would they not want to run the track especially during this time of year I bet they make a good bit of money this week right? I mean they could do concerts at the track during the summer and could do all other kinds of events too but I guess they don't want to be bothered with it
    Because the land is way more valuable for their business. Than to waste time trying to run a race track, or anything else.

That huge mound behind East Bay is part of their business.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Oh ok I didn't know I've never been there I hate to see it go

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Oh ok I didn't know I've never been there I hate to see it go
    I haven’t either. I agree it’s sad. Just so happens they are next to a huge fertilizer plant who I’m sure will pay top dollar. Can’t really blame them either. Though hopefully somewhere takes its place. Who knows.

Guess I should try and go there before it’s gone. Just I use my cash on family vacations, not me myself and I ones.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

For those who have never been to East Bay- I will try to give a little insight on my perspective. The track area is isolated and very run down. The side road (off Hwy. 41) is like driving into a landfill. Popular dumping ground for household furniture. The entire track area is surrounded by Mosiac & the track area is a much needed space for their operations. Mosiac was an 83 billion $ company last year- so it’s like a 60 year old camper sitting beside the White House or the United States Capital- if that makes any sense. I would think the purchase price would allow the Vonedors to retire wire comfortably- but again just my thoughts.

The track is absolutely in an isolated and run down area but lets be honest, most race tracks are. It's actually a pretty great location for a race track. It's easy to access from I75 and I4, and there are over 4 million people within an hour of it. It had great potential, but it's worth waaay more to Mosaic than it is as a race track. Here's an interesting thought: Lucas should look into purchasing Bubba Raceway. Last I knew BRP was still fighting foreclosure and Bubba himself is basically full on broke. The facility itself is pretty decent, it just needs a little lovins.

Bubbas is a facility that could very well replace East Bay. Very large parking & pit area, nice grandstands, bathrooms & concession area. North Florida in lake City- absolutely no way!

Cnb fan. This could definitely be a area To bring your family for a week vacation. So much to do in the area during the day and still have time to attend the races at night. Manatee viewing, aquariums, zoo, amusement park, beach’s, st Pete, pick oranges or strawberry’s, state fair, malls, county and state parks. Could also go south for the day and find shark teeth at Venice beach. Plus many other things.

Default Shoestring

Yeah man, after I typed it, I thought about it. Lemme rephrase it, my wife and kids wouldn’t enjoy that much racing.

Next two years are already planned anyway.

Who knows, I doubt I make it though.

It got that nostalgic feel like a few select places because so many great drivers and HoF drivers have crossed through the gates there over the years.
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 02-06-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Is east bay always as bumpy as it appeared to be tonight?
    I wonder if All-Tech can replace it. It is a really big track which is hard on motors like Volusia.
    Isn't bouncing through the corners like we saw tonight also hard on equipment? We saw Josh Richards break a rear end, and what about Davenport's wrecked racecar? Seems to me tracks that are normally this bumpy, (if that's normally the case with east Bay) are likewise hard on equipment. I'll admit it was a pretty good race, but at times I almost thought I was watching a pogo stick race.

Update:
    I talked with the father of East Bays owner tonight at the track and asked him if his son had any plans after East Bay. He said his son would be 65 at that time & plans on spending time with his grandkids in Georgia. He did mention that he had thought about the Desoto Speedway property in Bradenton-but did not place a bid when it just recently sold.

I need to go to East bay next year even if it is just for a couple days. I was real close to coming down thu-fri-sat I just couldn’t swing it. Looking forward to Saturday! Screven was a sh!tshow tonight as expected and will probably be even worse tomorrow starting at 1pm

World Racing Group owns Volusia, and just built new grandstands. I can't see Forest Lucas not having a nice facility in Central Florida for his series to race for a week. With the expansion of Mavtv, and Lucasdirt tv, too much money at stake. I would hope something similar to Charlotte dirt track or Lucas Speedway could be just a little wider in turns. Large impact on local economy for small businesses. I think the tide influence makes East Bay very unusual. I'd much rather the last race be in warm Florida for the championship in November.

Good post and I agree

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOinthe20fan View Post
    World Racing Group owns Volusia, and just built new grandstands. I can't see Forest Lucas not having a nice facility in Central Florida for his series to race for a week. With the expansion of Mavtv, and Lucasdirt tv, too much money at stake. I would hope something similar to Charlotte dirt track or Lucas Speedway could be just a little wider in turns. Large impact on local economy for small businesses. I think the tide influence makes East Bay very unusual. I'd much rather the last race be in warm Florida for the championship in November.
    I thought it would be a cool deal to see the tour end where it started also. Similar to how Nascar was doing it even though it started at Daytona and originally ended at Homestead.

Every night of the Lucas racing at Eastbay did not disappoint this year to me. I have plans for make my first trip there in 2021, If I'm not able to make it in 2021 then I am for sure making the trip in 2022. Glad to be able to make it there before it's all a piece of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    Is east bay always as bumpy as it appeared to be tonight?

Isn't bouncing through the corners like we saw tonight also hard on equipment? We saw Josh Richards break a rear end, and what about Davenport's wrecked racecar? Seems to me tracks that are normally this bumpy, (if that's normally the case with east Bay) are likewise hard on equipment. I'll admit it was a pretty good race, but at times I almost thought I was watching a pogo stick race.
    East Bay is not always rough. It did have character this year for sure.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1