Default KSE Tandem Pump Conversion

New guy here. Has anyone converted an older style KSE tandem pump from 3/8" hex drive to a belt-driven drive? I have two of these pumps (one complete, one in pieces) and both are 3/8" hex drive. The engine I am having built for my car will be dry sump, and I plan on using one of these off the rear of the oil pump.I am considering buying a used wet sump engine to get on the track to practice a bit. I was considering taking the pump that is in pieces, having it rebuilt, and converting it to be a standalone tandem pump off my bellhousing. Is it even worth my time and money to think about doing this? I realize I will at the least need a new pump drive shaft, but the one to the pump I would convert is rounded at the hex head so to build it, I would need a new drive shaft either way.Thanks for looking!

The Geo rotor is replaceable, the Mount section as well, but it may be pricing, i think the rotor is $140 or better, and not sure on the mount.

I would call KSE directly, he is a great guy to deal with.

Just say no...

I've gone from hex drive to belt with an older one. Yes it can go either way. It was cheaper for me to have it converted than buying a new one and KSE did all the work. Super nice guys at KSE

Thanks for the replies! I talked to the folks at KSE and they were very helpful. They told me it can be done, and they would be happy to do it for me. Although they said for parts alone I was looking around $350 plus a rebuild kit and then their rebuild fee. They said in my case, I may just be better off finding a used one and if need be, having it rebuilt. I ended up finding a fresh one from a reputable local team I can just throw on and go.I will definitely make sure to get my pumps sent to them in the future!