Thread: Short lift bar

Default Short lift bar

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a short lift bar. Something like 29” 31” 33”
    Heard that the XR1’s are switching to it and that rocket recommends it for all there cars now(haven’t actually talked to rocket yet). I was already wanting to move my 5th coil back just didn’t even consider going back as far as 29”

It will loosen the car on initial throttle up. If you need that, it will help you.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It will loosen the car on initial throttle up. If you need that, it will help you.
    I would guess they care more about the attitude it promotes rather than the dynamics. Anyone know if the 6th coil location is shortened too on these short lift bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin34471 View Post
    I would guess they care more about the attitude it promotes rather than the dynamics. Anyone know if the 6th coil location is shortened too on these short lift bars?
    I've run 33 for years and I can get my car to FDAU with anyone. Lol

And today's cars are real tight on throttle. But, you have probably captured the reason.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-07-2020 at 12:32 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I think track size has a lot to do with it the longer bar is calmer say like a ole man on a sunday drive and the shorter bar is like a 18 yo on a sat night in dads new mustang gt....so if your on a bull ring and want up on the bars quicker that's what you will get,I would get a bar that can be short to long its just a tuning thing not a half second new speed secret...
    Last edited by crownman25; 04-23-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    I think track size has a lot to do with it the longer bar is calmer say like a ole man on a sunday drive and the shorter bar is like a 18 yo on a sat night in dads new mustang gt....so if your on a bull ring and want up on the bars quicker that's what you will get,I would get a bar that can be short to long its just a tuning thing not a half second new speed secret...
    Definitely not a new speed secret, but it's another thing that is looked at differently than it once was. Consistent attitude, for entry stability and maintaining aero platform, are king.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

may not be a new speed secret , but that fancy new shock they put on it is , they have come a long way from that old 73 oil afco we use to run....lol...

So what shock should I be looking for?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019