Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Devin Moran will never compare to Donnie!! Sad but true

Simply will NOT get up on the wheel. It kills me to say it but he will always be a mediocre driver at best. No killer instinct. He seems happy to just be there. That "aw shucks" attitude won't cut it.

If you had seen him win the PDC, it doesn't get much more "up on the wheel" than that.
    8/13/16

Looked pretty good in the heat race just now, coming from 6th to 2nd.

i dont think smith or marlar will send him a christmas card

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If you had seen him win the PDC, it doesn't get much more "up on the wheel" than that.
    I did. And what happened??? He won. I have traveled the country watching this kid and will continue. I was hoping he would see this before the heat. National tv with limited sponsorship and unlimited talent...smash the floorpan!! He is one of the most consistent drivers out there if not the most consistent BUT certain times call for certain measures. Go 9!!!!!

at least he doesnt look like donnie out there having strokes behind the wheel at east bay
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

What a dumb comparison and ignorant comment

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    i dont think smith or marlar will send him a christmas card
    Gr door slammed the fuk out of him. He’s a wreckingball

How old is young Moran compared to Donnie when Donnie was on top of the game?

Donnie was one of the best of all time. A lot of racers don’t measure up to Donnie.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpipes View Post
    Simply will NOT get up on the wheel. It kills me to say it but he will always be a mediocre driver at best. No killer instinct. He seems happy to just be there. That "aw shucks" attitude won't cut it.
    And you will never compare to either of them, so theres that.... sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Already older than donnie was during the beginning of his success. He won the all star circuit of champions like 4 times, stars 4 times and was running and running beside Swartz, Boggs, among others! He won the first 50,000 race years ago, he used to dominate the mile tracks in the Midwest, the short tracks and everything in between. And he ALWAYS owned his team and had little crew help outside of sister and brother in law.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Donnie started at about 16. He had his Dad and I think his Uncles drilling business behind him. At one time Ohio had some serious oil wells. He was well financed from the start and was pretty dang good right away. He was my favorite till his last few years.

Off the top of my head, at Devin’s age Donnie was winning big races.

It’s different times, better financed teams, though they have good stuff, and everyone has the good stuff. Instead of just a few.

I think Devin can be as good as anyone, gotta have the right people, the right financing, and experience. He’s getting there, it’s ridiculous for someone to compare him to his Dad right now.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Who was Donnie’s crew chief for a few years. He was the guy that started Boss chassis which Donnie drove for awhile. Toma or something similar was his last name.

Toma Johnson

Cnb fan & hotpipes...

Thank you for answering my ? Much appreciated.

Didn't realize Donnie was only 16 when he started.

Donnie had a superior crew chief and car for several years that made him appear better than most at the time.

Somebody gonna like this post. hahahahahaaha

Don’t put this kind of pressure on the young man. Let him find his way.

Devin could be driving a little on the preventative side since it’s just the 6th race of the year & they only have 2 cars-?? If that’s the case-pretty smart I would think.

The dude that made this post is a joke it’s his first post on 4m, just running his jaws. Probably jealous. Who cares if Devin doesn’t end up being as good as his dad, his dad was a bad@ss