Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

HUNDRED GRAND Donnie Moran - MILLION dollar man DONNIE MORAN !!!

Great find. Ha ha ha. Boy do things change. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    I remember donnie won 50k at pennsboro during the day and won 40k that night at west Virginia motor. Pretty impressive.
    Also I believe that he had won a $10,000 to win race on Friday night of that weekend, Hence the name Hundred Grand Donnie Moran.

Great stuff on Donnie 👍👍👍

Do any of us really compare to our dads???? Really?

Team Devan and Wylie have firmly placed themselves into the top 10 teams in the country category IMO….probably better than that right now …..I love it and to be honest was not/ am not a huge Fan of dad. No particular reason, just not ever one of my favorites.

I read this thread title and said dam that’s about stupid to say…..and then remembered how many stupid things I’ve said and totally understood.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Not sure why have to compare them. Devin's a good driver in his own right and he's good for the sport.

I think Devin is actually the better driver of the two.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

You could very well be right with this.

post#45
    Bbqboy
    Blackie and litey do!

He should start a new thread and ask if the Moran family can sweep the Million dollar shows at Eldora

The 9 team will do just fine. After florida there going to pick and choose and they will pick up there share of the wins. It only shows to me, you have another team that does not have the resources to follow a tour and in there picking and choosing they are usually one of the better prepared cars when they show up to race.

Can you compare him to his dad ? O he'll no, I doubt if donnie could wheel one of today's cars. I also doubt Devin could do what he does today in the cars and competition of when his dad drove.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    He's definitely the more of a technician behind the wheel. Devin has been racing long enough that he's driven non wedge late models and today's wedge cars with stupid downforce and much improved geometry from the wedge cars Donnie drove. I feel like Devin can win more ways than Donnie could.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Do some research and see what Donnie was doing at 18 years old, 19, 20, etc. He had a Hall of Fame career before he turned 25. Devin is 27 and just now settling into a HOF career himself. In my years interviewing drivers, I never heard a single negative word about Donnie. You’ve been hating on him for 20 years. Why is that? Different political views?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He's definitely the more of a technician behind the wheel. Devin has been racing long enough that he's driven non wedge late models and today's wedge cars with stupid downforce and much improved geometry from the wedge cars Donnie drove. I feel like Devin can win more ways than Donnie could.
    Donnie was the first driver I ever heard say the term “feathering the throttle”. The only thing that slowed him down was raising a family.

How are you guys forgetting how good Donnie Moran was?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    How are you guys forgetting how good Donnie Moran was?
    He was really good. He was almost unbeatable for a time on big race tracks. That was a different era where you had more guys beat before you took the car out of the box.

I'm sure my memory is a little shaded by how bad he was the last several years he raced though.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-03-2022 at 08:23 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He was really good. He was almost unbeatable for a time on big race tracks. That was a different era where you had more guys beat before you took the car out of the box.

I'm sure my memory is a little shaded by how bad he was the last several years he raced though.
    His wedge cars were superior too almost any for several years. Toma gets much credit for the setups thats allowed Moran to win so much. When UMP was formed that all went away. And Toma was gone.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

We went to the Collossal 100 in Charlotte and Donnie was wicked fast in the feature. He gave Bloomquist all he could handle

Default Donnie/Devin

His wedge cars were superior too almost any for several years. Toma gets much credit for the setups thats allowed Moran to win so much. When UMP was formed that all went away. And Toma was gone.
    Donnie’s brother in law, JC was before the Toma Johnson time when Donnie was at his best. In my opinion, I think Devin has way more finesse than Donnie had in his career. Donnie was never afraid to slide or pinch other drivers off at any given time.

Never heard a bad word about Donnie Moran, really? I mean, he might be a nice guy, but on the track he was very controversial. He would beat and bang and run people over to win. He had his haters because of his over aggressive driving style. Devin is extremely likeable and smooth and considerate on the track. I never rooted for Donnie, but I root for Devin. They couldn't be more polar opposites on personality and driving style though.