Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

for the race fans traveling a distance I highly recommend having reserve seats before you make other arrangements.

Another problem with adding more seats is, theres no where to park now...more seats, more people, more cars to park

As far as parking goes, they could always open up parking at the high school and do either a courtesy shuttle or charge $1 per night per person (children free) for roundtrip shuttle.
    It's not a bad idea, really.
    5 minute ride, at most.

Don’t race tracks pay taxes based of seating capacity? I thought I had heard that is a major reason why nascar tracks began tearing down seats. Just don’t know if it makes financial sense if this is true?

I'm sure some seats will get let back into the pool, but none of our 10 will. As far as seating goes, till the grandstands burn down or gets hit by a tornado, you all are stuck with them. I would sit in my truck and listen to it for free before I sat in them. I think they should also be discounted. It's like a concert venue charging the same money for lawn seats as they do for front row.
    Last edited by turnleftandgasit; 02-10-2020 at 07:41 AM.

grandstands are free seating. the announcement is officially on fairburys website. renewals on sale Feb 19th til March 22nd at 5pm. leftover seats come available April 2.

Here is my two cents on the deal and no, nobody has asked. I think FALS is shooting themselves in the foot. I do not have a problem pre-paying for my reserved seat. It will cut down on the number of seats people reserve, which was a problem.
    I realize the purse has been increased, but for what reason? The place was full of people and cars already. I think ticket prices have gone up another $10, plus reserved seats have gone from $5 to $9 a seat plus a $2 per seat "administration fee" thus the cost per seat has gone up substantially.
    Charging kids under 12 and active military is also a concern. If FALS can't absorb these costs there is a problem. I realize these people occupy a seat also but come on, think of it as an investment in your future. Seems like they are only thinking about today and not tomorrow.
    Finally, and I will stop here, the increased ticket prices is really going to hurt the regular night of racing. Local fans that support the track on a weekly basis will now have to make decisions on whether or not they want to attend on a regular Saturday night. With the cost of the PDC, I am willing to bet that if that thought comes into a families mind at 2:00pm on Saturday afternoon, the decision will be made to stay home and save for the PDC.
    Good luck to FALS and World Racing Group. I hope you have thought this through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Jockey View Post
    Here is my two cents on the deal and no, nobody has asked. I think FALS is shooting themselves in the foot. I do not have a problem pre-paying for my reserved seat. It will cut down on the number of seats people reserve, which was a problem.
    I realize the purse has been increased, but for what reason? The place was full of people and cars already. I think ticket prices have gone up another $10, plus reserved seats have gone from $5 to $9 a seat plus a $2 per seat "administration fee" thus the cost per seat has gone up substantially.
    Charging kids under 12 and active military is also a concern. If FALS can't absorb these costs there is a problem. I realize these people occupy a seat also but come on, think of it as an investment in your future. Seems like they are only thinking about today and not tomorrow.
    Finally, and I will stop here, the increased ticket prices is really going to hurt the regular night of racing. Local fans that support the track on a weekly basis will now have to make decisions on whether or not they want to attend on a regular Saturday night. With the cost of the PDC, I am willing to bet that if that thought comes into a families mind at 2:00pm on Saturday afternoon, the decision will be made to stay home and save for the PDC.
    Good luck to FALS and World Racing Group. I hope you have thought this through.
    I agree on most of these points. I get if you want to have people pay ahead of time for their seats in full. However, why the need to increase the reserved fee amount and now charge some BS convenience fee on top of it? FALS was great becasue it felt old-school and was not price gouging like some tracks have become. They clearly made a ton of money on this show and many others last year. I would have rather had them keep it at 30k to win than doing stuff like this. Poor decision in my opinion and not fan friendly.

Not surprised at all as now its a business since Matt Curl owns majority share verses it was a non for profit. I agree i couldnt figure out why they increased the purse other than give 1 driver an extra 20k. Just because the winner gets 50k DOES NOT make this race a crown jewel. Just because the promoter says it is doesnt mean it is. The drivers and fans decide if it is or not. Not the promoter. But i seen this coming as its no different the majority other tracks with big races you have to pay upfront. The problem i have is the seats in the back stretch are small so if you were cramped last year it will be worse this year. I know 4 guys that are active military they will not be attending this year.

Is the free for active duty service members done anywhere else, or was this because of the legion connection?

The only way weekly shows survive are by making a profit on the big shows. Matt Curl and company have done all they can to make weekly racing the best you can get. Now to make this 50k to win race a success they have to sell all the seats. We have 11 and see no problem with paying for them! Thanks for all you have done! 50k because they wanted to insure we had ALL THE BEST DRIVERS! We had some but not all, 50k should insure that! Compare ticket prices to any other crown jewel or premier race in the country! Also reserved seating was the same for 10 years w hardly any changes, same as when it paid 10k. #falsfanforlife
    Last edited by DIRTTRACKIN26; 02-10-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    #falsfanforlife

Also last year if 1 fan bought a 1 reserved seat he paid 10.00 then 55.00 for a 2 day pass then a 5.00 transaction fee so was 70.00 and now its 71.00 for same 1 guy. Whats the big deal. 1.00 gonna break you? Really
    #falsfanforlife

I'm all for helping and supporting are military personnel, but if you took someone last year, and they got in for free, and they are not going this year because of the admission? Well, they are not really fans and it doesn't look like they will become fans either. So, really no loss.
    8/13/16

With the new way of ticket sales it will keep the drunks away as when i go to check my camp spot from time to time while races are going on im amazed how many "fans" are not watching the races and are in the camp spots just drinking and playing bags. Yes 2 of the 4 of the military guys i know really arent race fans as they are just their to say they were and to just get drunk and party.

How does everyone feel about the kids?
    I'm not sure anyone makes kids 12 and Under pay full price for a race.
    The increase in ticket prices doesn't bother me for adults.

most big events kids are discounted but for me it's whatever I have 2 in my group and they won't miss a race as they love them. But I do think some families will go but they will cut out a few weekly shows to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTTRACKIN26 View Post
    Also last year if 1 fan bought a 1 reserved seat he paid 10.00 then 55.00 for a 2 day pass then a 5.00 transaction fee so was 70.00 and now its 71.00 for same 1 guy. Whats the big deal. 1.00 gonna break you? Really
    It's the internet. They have to whine about something.

Also kids 12 and under can get in for free and sit in general admission sections. Go to a professional baseball, football, hockey, etc. and see what a 12 year old costs for a seat.

Well kids shouldnt have to sit apart from their family and friends. Ad we shouldnt be froced to sit in the grandstands. The main complaint i see is most people that reserve seats are in groups 10 plus people not just 1. Also the other would be you have to pay upfront $ verses just your seat over the previous years. And i know for me i have some people that come from out of state and this is the only time of year i see them so its not like i can get their money now. But no big deal or complaints as i had planned on this in advance as i figured when they raised the purse that they would have to make up the money somewhere. As i am keeping my extra seats for room.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Well kids shouldnt have to sit apart from their family and friends. Ad we shouldnt be froced to sit in the grandstands. The main complaint i see is most people that reserve seats are in groups 10 plus people not just 1. Also the other would be you have to pay upfront $ verses just your seat over the previous years. And i know for me i have some people that come from out of state and this is the only time of year i see them so its not like i can get their money now. But no big deal or complaints as i had planned on this in advance as i figured when they raised the purse that they would have to make up the money somewhere. As i am keeping my extra seats for room.
    Your out of state friends have until March 22nd to get you the ticket money. Even the Pony Express would have it to you by then.

Paying $50,000 to win they can't have a bunch of reserved seats sitting empty for $10. We all knew this day was coming. Welcome to the next level

Just for clarification and not trying to beat a dead horse, all kids, no matter their age, will be charged $60 for a two-day general admission ticket and $69 ticket (good for both days) if they sit in the reserved section, so kids do not get in free. This per FALS website.