Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thats how i read it and been trying to say but ill let bullring answer it. Just like the big people will buy just 1 reserved seat even though they really need 2 seats so ill feel sorry for whoever sits next to them as they wont have a seat or we will all be sitting on each others laps as the seats in back stretch are small only 18 inchs but the kids will get a gift bag so not sure what it will all entail. But as bullring says welcome to the next level. So a family of 4 its costing double. Yeah i knew figure the cost would go up somewhere just a matter of when. But they knew upfront they werent going to make their money back easily as for several years now its been maxed out. If you are flying in or traveling a distance make sure you have reserved seats before you schedule anything as i know people previously traveld 8 plus hours to get at pdc and they had to stand up all night.
    Last edited by t4g2; 02-12-2020 at 12:41 PM.

No problem at all with this. It does force people to be more certain with their plans up front instead of just paying $10 for a reserved seat that they may not use.

Extra purse $ has to come from somewhere. Also, there have been a few years where the $55 I paid to get in for the weekend felt like a steal due to the quality of show. I will gladly pay the increased price.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Well kids shouldnt have to sit apart from their family and friends. Ad we shouldnt be froced to sit in the grandstands. The main complaint i see is most people that reserve seats are in groups 10 plus people not just 1. Also the other would be you have to pay upfront $ verses just your seat over the previous years. And i know for me i have some people that come from out of state and this is the only time of year i see them so its not like i can get their money now. But no big deal or complaints as i had planned on this in advance as i figured when they raised the purse that they would have to make up the money somewhere. As i am keeping my extra seats for room.
    Actually you can. Its says in the email just contact them and they can move your seats out of your kart right into your feiends kart. So no one else gets em but your friends have to pay for them.
    #falsfanforlife

Thats how i read it and been trying to say but ill let bullring answer it. Just like the big people will buy just 1 reserved seat even though they really need 2 seats so ill feel sorry for whoever sits next to them as they wont have a seat or we will all be sitting on each others laps as the seats in back stretch are small only 18 inchs but the kids will get a gift bag so not sure what it will all entail. But as bullring says welcome to the next level. So a family of 4 its costing double. Yeah i knew figure the cost would go up somewhere just a matter of when. But they knew upfront they werent going to make their money back easily as for several years now its been maxed out. If you are flying in or traveling a distance make sure you have reserved seats before you schedule anything as i know people previously traveld 8 plus hours to get at pdc and they had to stand up all night.
    You're correct. I was wrong. I was looking at Spring Showcase prices.

I know you can transfer seats but i was saying im not having my kids sit on the front stretch have to wait in line for 3 plus hours to get seats for them while im sitting on the back stretch. Anyway this doesnt effect me but im sure it will others.

Well kids shouldnt have to sit apart from their family and friends. Ad we shouldnt be froced to sit in the grandstands. The main complaint i see is most people that reserve seats are in groups 10 plus people not just 1. Also the other would be you have to pay upfront $ verses just your seat over the previous years. And i know for me i have some people that come from out of state and this is the only time of year i see them so its not like i can get their money now. But no big deal or complaints as i had planned on this in advance as i figured when they raised the purse that they would have to make up the money somewhere. As i am keeping my extra seats for room.
    No one will be forcing kids to sit on the front stretch and they do not have to sit apart from their parents.

An adult can choose to pay for PREMIUM seats on the back stretch in order to be able to sit with them. IF they can not afford that, then they can buy all GA tickets and sit on the front stretch with their kids.
    Last edited by fryefan; 02-12-2020 at 09:37 PM.

I heard they were gonna keep the kids in livestock pens on the back stretch.

I know its a long shot but purchased a 5th wheel last weekend so if anyone has a campsite spot that they would like to transfer to me for both the PDC and the summer nationals it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks fellow race fanes.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy McSidewalk View Post
    I heard they were gonna keep the kids in livestock pens on the back stretch.
    That sounds like something that terrible man in the WH would do!

I guess I didn’t realize they were charging $2 fee for every ticket. $32 just in fees.

Hmmm bingo bingo. exactly what i was saying but it is what it is. So now i have $44 in fees veres $5 last year on top of 2 kids under 12 free now $69 before fees. But anyway im just glad they have their own website to get tickets on unlike others. For the dome using their site i paid $16 in fees for 1 ticket for 2 nights.
    Last edited by t4g2; 02-19-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Hmmm bingo bingo. exactly what i was saying but it is what it is. So now i have $44 in fees veres $5 last year on top of 2 kids under 12 free now $69 before fees. But anyway im just glad they have their own website to get tickets on unlike others. For the dome using their site i paid $16 in fees for 1 ticket for 2 nights.
    Guess I thought the fee might be per order or maybe per event. Not sure why they don’t just add it into ticket price of each ticket instead.

What’s the odds of a outsider getting a campsite and 3 seats for the spring showcase? How do I go about finding solid info on this?

dirt junkie check your pms

I have a campsite for the spring and fall race that’s on the backstretch. Looking to swap it for on on the front stretch. Anybody interested let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Consider one of these airports:
    Midway International Airport (Chicago) - Not as bad or as congested at O'Hare. Easy in & out.
    Springfield Regional
    Peoria International
    Indianapolis International Airport
    Negative. The best airport to use is going to be Bloomington (BMI). Its a 35 mile drive.

Why would anyone fly to Springfield or Indy?

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    How does everyone feel about the kids?
    I'm not sure anyone makes kids 12 and Under pay full price for a race.
    The increase in ticket prices doesn't bother me for adults.
    I dont like it because it ultimately costs me more money, but at the end of the day, my kids are sitting in a seat, and I'm fine paying for it. It's what needs to be done.

We go to multiple Cubs games every year... we have to pay for my kids tickets there. Same at most all professional sports events. FALS is no different in our opinion. It would be different if FALS had nearly unlimited space, but unfortunately, that is not the case. This is just a change from previous years, and everyone will get used to it.

The announcement did say that there would be a 'goody bag' for youth. Hoping that at least helps take some of the sting away.

I would love to attend this show, because we all know the racing is great. But it seems like the more and more I read, the more of a nightmare everything else about the event is, from a fan’s perspective. I think I’ll just enjoy the racing from my recliner.

Sounds like a great time to me. Good race track, great atmosphere, and just about all of the best race cars In the country!

Bernie Sanders said if elected President everyone gets in Free, just tax the wealthy.