Thread: MAVTV Ratings?

Default MAVTV Ratings?

Anyway to find out what the ratings were for the live Lucas races?

I don't know about ratings, but MAVTV did a great with coverage of the races. Does anyone know if MAVTV will cover anymore of the Lucas late Model Dirt Races?

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    I don't know about ratings, but MAVTV did a great with coverage of the races. Does anyone know if MAVTV will cover anymore of the Lucas late Model Dirt Races?
    Show me 100 was on mav 2 years ago. I’m sure it will be on there again

MavTv was recently added to my cable service. This year's Chilli Bowl and the two East Bay races were my first time watching live action. Thought the coverage was fantastic and looking forward to more live races in the upcoming season. I am one happy race fan!!!!!

I rate MAV very high, don't know about actual ratings. The fact they are ever expanding their coverage is a good sign for sure

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    They did a great job at East Bay and Brunswick 👍

Sanctions need to wisen up and learn from the past mistakes. I know alot of you are all gung ho about streaming and PPVs, and go ahead and tell me I am wrong, but its a mistake.
    It really sucks to be in the stands waiting on the races to start/resume but being delayed because of broadcast media.
    One of the many reasons I stopped going to napcar races.
    We were ready at GIS at 640 to start the program. We couldve been racing the thunder series but nope, had to wait for MavTV to start @7pm. Could have been
    racing the thunder series heats after LoLM heats (like a normal night), but nope, cant have them interfering with the TV schedule, right?
    All night long (in fact, all week long) I had to listen to announcers talk about replays that none of us could see. That alienates you, a little bit at a time, every time it happens.
    We were done with the LoLM at 9:40. We couldve been racing the thunder series, but nope, got to fill time until tv goes off at 10PM. I didnt come here
    to listen to announcers do a post race recap that I cant even see. I am here to see the action on the track and there is none.
    I had been outside 6 hours in less than ideal conditions at that point, and I even though I am from the "more racing is more better"
    school of thought, I left, and I wont be back. When your toes are numb, and they are just killing time for tv, it just sucks to be there.

And when you make it suck to be there, guess what? nobody will be there. I race chase, I travel ALOT, I spend ALOT, but when I stop being a priority to you, you stop being a priority to me.
    If you are going to televise/broadcast/stream do NOT do it at the expense of your grandstand audience.
    Dirt sanctions, You need to decide who your real fans are and pay attention to thier needs. And if corp sponsors and broadcast revenue is more important, than so be it.
    Go ahead, go down that beaten path, and cater to the audience sitting at home all you want, but dont be surprised when thats all you have left interested in your product.
    Because I really think the demise will be quicker when nobody is buying a hot dog at the track, or buying a beer, buying a 50/50 ticket, or purchasing a track
    tshirt or a driver hoody.
    Hear me?
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

RiffRaf67

You hit the nail squarely on the head! Been down here since Brunswick. 11 races now. It’s terrible to listen to Dave?? Instead of James Essecks at the track. Plus we are paying full price for tickets & travel exspense to have tv timeouts & the track announcers are talking to the crowd at home. Let the tv announcer do the tv broadcast & let James do the track broadcast. It’s like being at a college football game twiddling your fingers during tv timeouts! At least at a football game you get to listen to the stadium announcer & not the guys in the booth doing the tv broadcast.

It’s great that these are being broadcast for those not in attendance- but those in attendance shouldn’t be treated as if they were home on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    Sanctions need to wisen up and learn from the past mistakes. I know alot of you are all gung ho about streaming and PPVs, and go ahead and tell me I am wrong, but its a mistake.
    It really sucks to be in the stands waiting on the races to start/resume but being delayed because of broadcast media.
    We were ready at GIS at 640 to start the program. We couldve been racing the thunder series but nope, had to wait for MavTV to start @7pm. Could have been
    racing the thunder series heats after LoLM heats (like a normal night), but nope, cant have them interfering with the TV schedule, right?
    All night long (in fact, all week long) I had to listen to announcers talk about replays that none of us could see. That alienates you, a little bit at a time, every time it happens.
    We were done with the LoLM at 9:40. We couldve been racing the thunder series, but nope, got to fill time until tv goes off at 10PM. I didnt come here
    to listen to announcers do a post race recap that I cant even see. I am here to see the action on the track and there is none.
    I had been outside 6 hours in less than ideal conditions at that point, and I even though I am from the "more racing is more better"
    school of thought, I left, and I wont be back. When your toes are numb, and they are just killing time for tv, it just sucks to be there.

And when you make it suck to be there, guess what? nobody will be there. I race chase, I travel ALOT, I spend ALOT, but when I stop being a priority to you, you stop being a priority to me.
    If you are going to televise/broadcast/stream do NOT do it at the expense of your grandstand audience.
    Dirt sanctions, You need to decide who your real fans are and pay attention to thier needs. And if corp sponsors and broadcast revenue is more important, than so be it.
    Go ahead, go down that beaten path, and cater to the audience sitting at home all you want, but dont be surprised when thats all you have left interested in your product.
    Because I really think the demise will be quicker when nobody is buying a hot dog at the track, or buying a beer, buying a 50/50 ticket, or purchasing a track
    Hear me?
    You are 100% correct. I have a strong feeling that it will back fire on them, when people start staying at home to watch instead of buying tickets and buying concessions.

The delays you discussed are definitely annoying for the fans that are actually supporting the events.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post

Hear me?
    I agree 100% but there is another problem you didn’t address. The series and production company could care less about the fans in the stands they make their money off of sponsorship and ppv. The track is the one that will be taking the hit and the promoters have to agree to the tv rights to get the series with little or in the case of the summer nationals no revenue from it. The sanctioning bodies need to answer the question “can a track race without a series or can a series race without a track?”

I agree with you guys. I was at East bay all week and it was very annoying not to have the announcers talking to the fans in the stands. Plus it slowed the program down. Essex use to interact with the fans during down time and give stuff away, not anymore. Plus there was times we didn’t get to hear the after race interviews cause it was for tv only. It’s not the same for me to watch on tv and if it wasn’t for getting away from the cold and so much to do during the day, I’d second guess driving 1200 miles and spending all the money when I could just stay home and watch ppl for a year for less then 3 nights of East bay ticket prices. So far over here at Volusia the announcing and interaction has been so much more enjoyable and getting done at the same time if not earlier than East bay running two classes vs East bay ppl one. Hope your paying attention to this thread tower view.

Real race fans will always come out if you even fathom the thought of watching on tv instead of in person I feel sorry for you that's when you will see Bobby Pierce and JD and know they are the best wheel men in the business...

If the track advertises it starts at 7 ….. It should not start early …..In less there's a call for rain in the radar …. I could see this as a problem with the radar / rain …. I know my hearing isn't the greatest but …. But 90 % of the time I cant hear the sound system at any track …. If the track makes more money with the tv / broadcast//// Id say that's good for the sport …. I do wonder if the people who do ( live facebook ) is the reason for the tracks are going to this tv/ format ….. I can see the promoter / tracks point of view here …. They are IMO the ones entitled to make the money off their own event ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

The streamed races, it doesn't seem they slow anything down. But the announcing is for the at home crowd. But when Mav is Live they are taking TV timeouts between heats and really drag it down. (But the trade off is they will push the Late Model action ahead of support classes to fit the TV window. Not something needed for East Bay obviously.)

The WRG and Dirtvision streaming is the best; as they didn't change anything about structure of the race calling or order timing of events. They just deliver it to your home. So if you go you get the same experience as always. The only thing that's changed is now the announcer has a replay to look at and describe what happened to the crowd based on it.
    "The Wise One"

Dear Lucas and WoO

You know there are these things called mobile LED screens maybe you should invest. It would probably cost you less than one of those toter homes in the pits.

-the people who cant see the replay in the stands
    Only in racing does a person knowingly put on a dud show, and then blames everyone else for not appreciating their dud show.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Real race fans will always come out if you even fathom the thought of watching on tv instead of in person I feel sorry for you that's when you will see Bobby Pierce and JD and know they are the best wheel men in the business...
    Have you heard of some guy named Brandon Sheppard? How about Chris Madden or Scott Bloomquist?

PS -- The 2 you named are certainly 2 of the best. However, at this point B-Shepp is clearly the best in the business and it is not even close.
    Last edited by fryefan; 02-12-2020 at 09:43 PM.