Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

NeedforLMspeed

READ.MY.ENTIRE.POST!
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.

I did. So you think he should get a free pass.

WRG must be taking lessons from Ricky Brooks and the Snowball Derby screw, I mean crew.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    WRG must be taking lessons from Ricky Brooks and the Snowball Derby screw, I mean crew.
    If they continue to do so, they will finally get things in order.

You all make great points - and as probably the largest Erb homer on here, he has some fault. Clearly, someone should verified they were good to go from WRG. That didn't happen. But the arrogant guy on DoD (the new director) pretty much said its all on Erb - that's not the case.

Why do I say that: 1) WRG does what they like when they like and how they like, it's their rules (From tires to drug tests, no reason to go into examples). This clearly is a case were a little leniency would have bought them more good will then a DQ makes them a laughing stock (He'd been teched multiple times and generally does not have a track record of cheating) 2) They did change the format/process - and do drivers pay attention in driver's meetings (I get to 1-2 races a year if I'm lucky, lots of talking and not much listening)? 3) WRG had someone to set up pictures, someone to interview dirvers, you (WRG) don't have someone standing there telling them where to go to make sure this does not happen? If I owned WRG, I'd be chewing the guy over tech out today asking him WTF happened that a car sat there for 15 minutes then got way before tech. This press is not good for anyone.

It's been a long drought for Dennis, I'm guessing somewhere along the way he wondered if he was getting back to that level any time soon (let's be honest, speed has been elusive for a bit). Then he did it, on that stage, in that type of elbows up race. Do you think he thought about what was said at a drivers meeting?

It's disappointing. I'm looking forward to watching Dennis come out tonight and repeat the performance, just park the car in Tech, walk over to Victory lane with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by FANSFund View Post
    I feel for Dennis and Heather... they earned the win. That said, the rules are the rules and you have two other drivers report to tech after the victory lane celebration so they obviously got the message. During my involvement with a track, the car would weigh, send then back out for victory lane celebration and then bring them back to tech. We ALWAYS had an official in victory lane talk with all three drivers when they got back in their cars... "Congratulations... please make sure your report directly to tech." Then the drivers pull off and report to tech which is in the same location every week.

That said, one year for the USA Nationals we had an issue during qualifying. During the drivers meeting drivers were told... "after you qualify, pull off of turn one and turn left to come directly to scales on the access road. DO NOT GO TO YOUR PIT STALL. If you pass the tree next to the fence line that marks the beginning of the pit area your time will be DQ'd." Well, a driver from IL went fast time, pulled off the track went PAST THE TREE MARKER and to his pit but never stopped... drove back around to the access road and to the scale. Result... the drivers time was DQ'd. The track learned from that issue and going forward several large orange cones were placed across the front of pit entrance. You would literally have to drive over the cones to get to the pit area. Since implementing... no issues have occurred since. You learn and you continually make things better.

NO TRACK OR SERIES WANTS TO DQ a driver or team for a minor infraction. If your caught cheating that is one thing but NO ONE wants to DQ on a technicality. That said... the rules are the rules and if the series is allowed to pick and choose which ones it chooses to enforce it loses all credibility.

This issue is more about who is being penalized than why the penalty.

Respectfully,
    Rich Olson
    Minneapolis, MN
    Maybe the FANSFUND could start a GOFUND Me to make up the $9300 difference in first and last for Dennis?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Dennis is rarely competitive enough to be teched. That could be a reason why he was unclear what he was supposed to do.
    145 wins since 2003 I'm sure he could probably figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Maybe the FANSFUND could start a GOFUND Me to make up the $9300 difference in first and last for Dennis?
    It appears Dennis did make a costly mistake but why make such a little bich comment?

I guess DE Jr should have parked the car next to Sheppard and waited all night....
    I have always heard stories about being treated fairly when a chassis builder has interest in the game and runs a house car in the series (in his house).....I have seen other tracks stop a guy and send them back to an inspection area before they can tamper with the car.....This sounds like such a crappy deal to pull ....You might beat them on the track but you can't beat the officials and the game they play......WoO needs to reinstate the win even if WoO has to pay the difference..
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    I guess DE Jr should have parked the car next to Sheppard and waited all night....
    I have always heard stories about being treated fairly when a chassis builder has interest in the game and runs a house car in the series (in his house).....I have seen other tracks stop a guy and send them back to an inspection area before they can tamper with the car.....This sounds like such a crappy deal to pull ....You might beat them on the track but you can't beat the officials and the game they play......WoO needs to reinstate the win even if WoO has to pay the difference..
    Lanigan did what he was suppose to and so did Richards also I believe.

WOO might not want him or any other threat to run their series this year sense the Drydene cars are doing so poorly....LMAO

I find it hard to believe an outfit as big as the WOO waves off a car, and there is not an official to point you to where you need to be next. The winner of a WOO race is what we’re talking about. Not some Saturday nite bumF*ck Arkansas jolopy racing assn. Like every other “story”..there’s 2 sides to it. Maybe Deniis just plain screwed up, but this is all just so hard to believe. Dumb.

Maybe its time to have the top 3 go to the scales, do Victory Lane, and do tech right on the front stretch so everyone is in plain sight.

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    Maybe its time to have the top 3 go to the scales, do Victory Lane, and do tech right on the front stretch so everyone is in plain sight.
    That's essentially what they did. But the big blocks were rolling out next for their feature, plus the ground on the track isn't level. So, as instructed in the drivers meeting, they went from the front stretch directly to the infield concrete to check the droop. 2 of the top 3 went, dennis did not. I guess they'll have to hold the driver's hands from here on out since they're incompetent.

If you have a dod account check out the speedweeks minute with dale mcdowell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    That's essentially what they did. But the big blocks were rolling out next for their feature, plus the ground on the track isn't level. So, as instructed in the drivers meeting, they went from the front stretch directly to the infield concrete to check the droop. 2 of the top 3 went, dennis did not. I guess they'll have to hold the driver's hands from here on out since they're incompetent.
    In this case with Dennis, did he protest? Can't say he is incompetent without complaint. None compliant, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Dennis is rarely competitive enough to be teched. That could be a reason why he was unclear what he was supposed to do.
    I thought he makes a living doing this lol...

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    145 wins since 2003 I'm sure he could probably figure it out.
    Dont contradict your buddy now you both always have the same narrative..lol

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    WoO is starting to remind me an awful lot of Democrats. Is Shifty Schiff now the series director by any chance?
    Nothing more and nothing less ! It has been evident now for several years now that if anybody is not willing to suck into a certain chassis manufacturers scheme, then they will never be successful in the series.
    Last edited by Raceready; 02-17-2020 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Dont contradict your buddy now you both always have the same narrative..lol
    only narrative me and bayko share is that you're the biggest D-bag on the entire board.