Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WoO officials are a bunch of Jackwagons!

Last night Dennis Erb, jr. is "Disqualified" for not going to tech for the "Droop rule" and is delegated to last in the feature rundown. Tonight Darrell Lanigan" FAILS" the "droop rule" and doesn't even get penalized out of the front row. Could you WoO officials be any dumber. Please ! Go ahead and try!

please tell me its a lie, he should have been sent to the b-main, fail goes to the rear if last night was the standard

docked a few positions in qualifying was all
    8/13/16

There’s a rule in place for the droop rule. Docked 3 positions. And that puts him 4th...

If that's all the penalty is, might as well run illegal in qualifying, time up front and accept the penalty. If the droop hike is that much of a advantage, it's kind of a no brainer till WoO change their rules and that will be coming soon I'd imagine.
    8/13/16

The rules was followed exactly as is it was supposed to be. The penalties for failing the drop rule was plainly stated at the beginning of the season. The night before at drivers mmeting the drivers were told the winner must come to tech area after crossing scales. Erb didnt do that
    Last edited by tsand; 02-13-2020 at 07:59 PM.

The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

The drop rule is so much as a perfomance rule bur a safety rule.

The drop rule is not so much as a perfomance rule but a safety rule.

Ok why don't they just tech them at the scales it would be so much easier and make a lot of sense for them to tech them at the scales that way there is no confusion on where to go.

No matter how you slice it...clearly this makes the WOO look bad. It may be all Erbs fault....it’s prob a little of both.. Who knows. You don’t need NASA engineers to come up with some easy to follow method and use THAT method the SAME way..EVERY nite at EVERY race..with an official directing the winner to the tech box that’s CLEARLY marked. How hard can that be?

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    No. Not at all. It has zero to do with safety.

Every inch is worth 100# of downforce.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If that's all the penalty is, might as well run illegal in qualifying, time up front and accept the penalty. If the droop hike is that much of a advantage, it's kind of a no brainer till WoO change their rules and that will be coming soon I'd imagine.
    The higher it gets the more penalty

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Well, that's what Ray will tell ya. Not saying either way, because I don't know the answer for sure but my confusion is why would the penalty be so minor if it is a advantage? I know Ricky Weiss is just one that says the new rule has thrown them for a loop. So it must help somewhere.

And I'm not bringing up Erb in another thread. That horse has been bludgeoned to death.

As far as Darrell, glad he's found some speed and is running toward the front. Bout time.
    8/13/16

Being penalized 3 spots in group qualifying for breaking a rule, and thus going from a pole heat starting spot to an outside front row starting spot just seems lame as hell.

You fail tech in qualifying, you should be starting last in a heat. Plain and simple, but that is not the WRG and the WoO.

It's crystal clear that either A) the rockets are not affected as much by the droop rule. Or B) the rockets have put in more testing with the droop rule.

Default Jesus Christ

Read the rule and the penalties. It is staggered. There are I believe 3 levels of penalties, obviously Lanigan was low on the infraction level, but still out of the parameters.

Still complaining about Erb, he messed up. That’s all. It sucks, plenty of others screw up too, is what it is.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    It's crystal clear that either A) the rockets are not affected as much by the droop rule. Or B) the rockets have put in more testing with the droop rule.
    I’m sure they did. Knew it was coming, so test your butt off to get dialed in with the rule.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    If you believe the blue #1 is running a setup off their sheet, they were not affected.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1