Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloomer Cars

Default Bloomer Cars

Poor results thus far - any ideas what’s up?

Weiss has said that the new droop rule has them re-working setups from what they used to normally do.

Madden said they have had a bad master cylinder all week and just found it so now their chasing their tail a little bit. Bloomquist just got back in the car. Dale has had good speed all week. Has wies ever been very good at volusia? I could imagine as the races get longer these last few nights you will see them back up front. Except dale he's already their. But with all that said. It must ber the droop rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Madden said they have had a bad master cylinder all week and just found it so now their chasing their tail a little bit. Bloomquist just got back in the car. Dale has had good speed all week. Has wies ever been very good at volusia? I could imagine as the races get longer these last few nights you will see them back up front. Except dale he's already their. But with all that said. It must ber the droop rule!
    The Bloomer cars were very high last year. Weiss does not seem to be an idiot. Dale wasn't as good as Bloom and Madden except a couple of tracks last year. And I doubt Dale and Shane don't think on their own.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-14-2020 at 08:08 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The Bloomer cars were very high last year. Weiss does not seem to be an idiot. Dale wasn't as good as Bloom and Madden except a couple of tracks last year. And I doubt Dale and Shane don't think on their own.
    Everybody must remember that McDowell has ran tons more Ray Cook races over the last 2 years than any of the other Sweet-Bloomquist cars. He probably has a good feel for the drop rule.

Cars definitely have ground to make up. Dale looked pretty good, Madden was getting better, but they have a way to go it looks like. You guys know more about the setups than I do. In fact Elmer Fudd might know more about the setups than I do.

Madden was coming on at the end of the feature

With a few exceptions all the top brands and drivers are within a tick of each other. It just shows how critical each little adjustment is these days. Thousands of a second are the difference in winning and being mid pack or worse.

Bloomer had always sucked in Florida. This year it's certantly going to show...

I think it has more to do with the cushion being the fastest way around Volusia so far this week until last night. It’s no secret Bloomquist race cars do not agree with a cushion dominant track. Last night was the first night most everyone was running through the slick. I am more surprised the 49 hasn’t figured the top side of Volusia out yet this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Bloomer had always sucked in Florida. This year it's certantly going to show...
    That’s not entirely true.... he’s won ALOT at Volusia

^^^True he does a lot better out of Fla. Volusia being top dominate, his cars don't do so well...

Bloomer appears to be far behind and no amount of excuses work. He has had many great moments in Florida in the past, and even though he has started slow at times, this is the worst i have seen. I know this, he may have come back to quick, he may have to deal with the fact that he is getting on in years, but I honestly do not see him being any better than Moyer has been the last few years. Time catches up with you as everyone knows. I certainly think he will eventually run better than he has shown, but as i mentioned last year, he will not out run Madden very often. He certainly will not out run B. Shepp. 30 years I have been watching him race, and that is a long time to stay on top

A hip replacement a month ago is a pretty valid excuse.

Default bloomerscars

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    A hip replacement a month ago is a pretty valid excuse.
    are all these new cars this year or are they their last year cars.

Quote Originally Posted by fruit loop View Post
    are all these new cars this year or are they their last year cars.
    Bloomers is new, not sure on others.

I will say, everyone but McDowell is behind. And I think the droop rule has a lot to do with it. They’ll get it figured out.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I agree they were very high last year bloomquist and madden especially. I also don't feel like i seen as many tape measures at Lucas races last year. My comment about wies was not met to put him down i just don't really remember him being a factor at volusia. They definitely have their act together and he's come a long way in the last two years

They just need some testing time to work on the droop setup and they well be fine

Come May these cars will be top notch!!!
    Scott Kleindorfer

Bloomquist switched to an older car and did and engine change Friday