Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schatz respect

Default Josh Bayko

Late models are making so much downforce they’re making rules to try and limit it. The two divisions aren’t as far as apart as you think.
    Just curious on the last sentence, why do you say that?

70,000 midget motors is funny.

Larson said it cost more to run the midget deal than his winged sprint deal...motors$$$ billy "the kid" pauch would be another guy that could wheel them all.

David Scott would win in both on the same night at Lernerville back in the late 90's early 2000's. So there are some who could do it, those with funding for both is a different story.

I would assume Donny gets paid well by Tony right?

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Just curious on the last sentence, why do you say that?
    I’m saying the overall downforce difference between super late models and winged sprint cars isn’t as far apart as people think.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I haven't driven a sprint car since the early 90's but I can tell you they do not drive anything like a dirt late model. You sit in a different place, pedals work differently, steering feels like you are driving a bus. I didn't get the chance to drive any non-wing stuff, but getting out of the late model into the winged sprint car was a big change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Like mentioned above, LM guys wouldn't be able to be competitive in a 410 on the National level so he's definitely earned my respect.
    I disagree with this, Schatz has gotten a significant amount of seat time in a DLM in the last 8 years. If given the same amount of seat time to adapt I think several late model drivers could be very competitive with the WoO Sprints. McCreadie and Hudson O'Neal are two that come to mind that I think would do very well in a 410 Sprint Car.
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

If Schatz was the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel, as some of you suggest, when he did come over to SLMs, he would win every race, hands down. I've seen him in some of those races and am pretty sure he won none of them. In fact, I don't recall him even being a contender. He's a talented drivers but so are hundreds of others in various motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    If Schatz was the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel, as some of you suggest, when he did come over to SLMs, he would win every race, hands down. I've seen him in some of those races and am pretty sure he won none of them. In fact, I don't recall him even being a contender. He's a talented drivers but so are hundreds of others in various motorsports.
    You do realize how hard it is to jump into another division and be successful?

Why does every thread on this board go from something worth reading to straight down the crapper in less than two pages. Are people so miserable in their own lives that they can't even recognize someone else's success or talent without trying to tear it apart or get into a pissing match of what local guy could do the same thing if he had the budget. It is hands down impressive what schats does he's not racing two different cars at the same local track every week. He's going from one top tier to another and is competitive im not a fan of his but he definitely has ability

Because people having different opinions makes this go down the crapper? Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Why does every thread on this board go from something worth reading to straight down the crapper in less than two pages. Are people so miserable in their own lives that they can't even recognize someone else's success or talent without trying to tear it apart or get into a pissing match of what local guy could do the same thing if he had the budget. It is hands down impressive what schats does he's not racing two different cars at the same local track every week. He's going from one top tier to another and is competitive im not a fan of his but he definitely has ability
    This forum needs to have some moderators to clean it up. The ones that act like children should be permanently banned.

I agree with bayko, today's SLM gets that huge dished interior wedge and the LR up in the air. SLM are making loads of downforce. Shatz's late model doesn't have the crew chief that's needed today. Yes he has won some local stuff. The comment about a sprint car feeling like a bus is hilarious. I've always been surprised that shatz hasn't tried to get a driller trophy on a more consistent basis. He would go full time slm racing it would not take long for him to be a top contender.

I didn't mean they handle like a bus but your body movements to drive are different (use a different set of muscles to wheel a sprint car). At the time I was 20 years old, ran 100 lap late model races but the first time in the winged sprint car 20 laps made it so I couldn't even hold a beer after the races!

Schatz is too heavy to win a race that has no weight limit.