Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

TC is most helpful when the dirt track gets slick. The TC prevents the tires from slipping when the driver is on the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    TC is most helpful when the dirt track gets slick. The TC prevents the tires from slipping when the driver is on the gas.
    Even then, you need a certain percentage of tire slip. And it depends where you are on the track and what you are trying to do at the time.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

There are plenty of drivers who have tried it and declared it more of a hinderance than help. There are times you absolutely have to break traction to make a move or change a line and TC isn’t really advanced or intuitive enough to do that for varying track conditions on a dirt track.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

^^^^ and that's the reason why guys are not doing it. If you can come up with something to go along with TC that would let you set limits as to when, where and how TC kicked in. Then and only then would it be beneficial, it would also kill dirt racing as we know it. So I'm glad it's never developed to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    ^^^^ and that's the reason why guys are not doing it. If you can come up with something to go along with TC that would let you set limits as to when, where and how TC kicked in. Then and only then would it be beneficial, it would also kill dirt racing as we know it. So I'm glad it's never developed to that point.
    The lack of an ECM in a DLM certainly keeps it from happening.

$10 says Whiteners wife gets popped by another racers wife/girlfriend!

He got caught a couple of years ago by WOO for doping tires. I think that was for a B main but I could be wrong.

Woo popped a non woo regular for tires?

Shocking I tell ya.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

it was pre bowyer days when they got busted at columbus, 09-10 maybe, ronny lee and 2 or 3 others also got busted that weekend

We're there any woo guys that got popped that weekend? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    you can not stop technology , its coming , every one talks about getting the youth interested in dirt racing , well this is what there interested in........

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    We're there any woo guys that got popped that weekend? Asking for a friend.
    Or they just know don’t, you’ll get caught.

Some wierdo that helped my brother for a little bit, supposedly used to help Mark Richards for awhile, and he was anal about nothing getting on the tires. No Simple Green, nothing.

People who have been caught for the most part are notorious for it. Feger and maybe Owens being the exception.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    you can not stop technology , its coming , every one talks about getting the youth interested in dirt racing , well this is what there interested in........
    Crazy how small of motors now they can get to produce good numbers and get decent fuel mileage still.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Saterlee....bshepp in the family car....thorton.....Ronald laney at port Royal.

Don't think I ever saw them get popped before or after the woo allegations.

I cant think of a single woo driver that was running the tour ever getting popped...I must be wrong about that.

Saterlee....bshepp in the family car....thorton.....Ronald laney at port Royal.Don't think I ever saw them get popped before or after the woo allegations.I cant think of a single woo driver that was running the tour ever getting popped...I must be wrong about that.
    I vaguely remember the Bshepp deal, what track did he supposedly have illegal tires at?

Who was the guy that crashed the plane up in Tennessee a few years back that was either flying in loads of goat pee or flying out with it ? I’d heard bits and pieces of that story but have forgotten it since then and this topic just reminded me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I vaguely remember the Bshepp deal, what track did he supposedly have illegal tires at?
    Laughably enough, Eldora I believe.

Laughably enough, Eldora I believe.
    Yes it was. I dunno, I just don’t really believe they are tricking or tinkering with results.

Now, what I don’t trust, is their benchmarks, quality control, lab, the secrecy.

Saterlee....bshepp in the family car....thorton.....Ronald laney at port Royal.

Don't think I ever saw them get popped before or after the woo allegations.

I cant think of a single woo driver that was running the tour ever getting popped...I must be wrong about that.
    Sheppy wasn’t in the family car when he got popped, it was the Best car.

Sorry josh....you're right about the best car and sheppy that year.