Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Erb Jr's penalty cost him

Very unofficial of course, but my numbers have him fourth in points without the penalty. Now he sits 9th, 38 points behind Sheppard.

Should be 138 behind

WoO has the point standings up after the final night of volusia, and my question is, I thought the best four finishes counted after the seven events? They seem to be counting all seven events.

Remember Vado? I haven't looked yet, but that may be what your seeing. Pretty sure all WOO races at Volusia counted this year towards points.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Remember Vado? I haven't looked yet, but that may be what your seeing. Pretty sure all WOO races at Volusia counted this year towards points.
    I remember reading that a drivers four best finishes from the three Vado events and the four Volusia events would count.

I'm sorry, I don't remember how many Vado races they were counting,(which is 3) but it was on dod they were counting all 4 of the Volusia races.

DJ's pitside chatter was a good read if you have DOD. About 10 responses from competitors and car owners, all sided with erb.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    DJ's pitside chatter was a good read if you have DOD. About 10 responses from competitors and car owners, all sided with erb.
    And the logical response was >why couldn't WoO officials jump on one of their several 4 wheelers and tell him where to go? That would have been to easy. Erb got boned up the yingyang plain and simple.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    And the logical response was >why couldn't WoO officials jump on one of their several 4 wheelers and tell him where to go? That would have been to easy. Erb got boned up the yingyang plain and simple.
    Exactly right. You would think an official would stay with the winning car all the way to tech.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't remember how many Vado races they were counting,(which is 3) but it was on dod they were counting all 4 of the Volusia races.
    Apparently they counted all seven races.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Exactly right. You would think an official would stay with the winning car all the way to tech.
    Let's be honest, the WoO does not fit the description of a professional organization, so their officials are going to be more prone to boneheaded behavior than most organizations. And Lucas Oil is probably about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Are drivers babies? Do they have to be held by the hand?

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Let's be honest, the WoO does not fit the description of a professional organization, so their officials are going to be more prone to boneheaded behavior than most organizations. And Lucas Oil is probably about the same.
    Nope. Officials are overmatched and certain inmates run the asylum.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    By some of the driver's responses, I guess the answer to your question is yes.
    8/13/16

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Sure would be cool to know who those folks where that made the comments but of course we will never know who said what. If that many folks chimed in you know there are probably quit a few others who felt the same way but just kept it to them selves or told very few people how they felt.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    Some drivers are babies. But was referring to an official keeping an eye on the winning car so nobody touches it.

Guys get caught with illegal car and get moved from inside to outside of front row. Guy doesn't get caught cheating and gets put to rear of entire feature field. Makes sense.

Imagine thinking as an adult that you need your hand held to do basic tasks.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Imagine thinking as an adult that you need your hand held to do basic tasks.
    Just a suggestion.

Walk in his shoes. Live his days. We'll see how well you do with "basics"...

Ok, so what did Erb and his fellow competitors say ? I find it hard to believe Dennis didn't realize he had to go to the scales. But, I wasn't there. Rules are made to be pushed to the limit and for the person reading those rules to be looking at what the rule doesn't cover.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Ok, so what did Erb and his fellow competitors say ? I find it hard to believe Dennis didn't realize he had to go to the scales. But, I wasn't there. Rules are made to be pushed to the limit and for the person reading those rules to be looking at what the rule doesn't cover.
    Dennis did go to the scales. Driver comments were in a DoD article.
    8/13/16