Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Ok, so what did Erb and his fellow competitors say ? I find it hard to believe Dennis didn't realize he had to go to the scales. But, I wasn't there. Rules are made to be pushed to the limit and for the person reading those rules to be looking at what the rule doesn't cover.
    He did go to the scales. He went to where tech was monday night (when he was on the podium) They waved him by, he went across the scales and went to the frontstretch for victory lane ceremonies. They moved tech for tuesday & wednesday to a different area than they used monday and Dennis did not know. He looked for tech after pictures and did not see anyone teching cars, he even drove to the WOO trailer looking for someone and found nobody. What all the drivers and crew said anonymously in the article was basically that it was odd that the officials let him even drive to his hauler without stopping him and pointing him in the right direction.
    Yes, he should have known where tech was, but this is a mistake that the sanctioning body doesn't usually let the drivers make, there is usually an official with the car the whole time until it goes through tech.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Just a suggestion.

Walk in his shoes. Live his days. We'll see how well you do with "basics"...
    If it was literally anybody else in the pits who made the same mistake, this board’s attitude would be 100% different.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Correct me if I'm wrong but 2nd and 3rd place cars didn't have an issue finding tech. It's too bad for Dennis. Hope he has some consistent good runs to overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Sure would be cool to know who those folks where that made the comments but of course we will never know who said what. If that many folks chimed in you know there are probably quit a few others who felt the same way but just kept it to them selves or told very few people how they felt.
    If they weren’t left anonymous they would be black balled by wrg for the rest of their careers.

There should be eyes on any car that needs to be teched the entire time from when checkered waves to when they are teched.

It should have been woo to get to top 3 and make sure they went to tech. Its there show and they should of had 3 officials on this. This is more on woo than it is erb jr.
    Last edited by HIGH ROLLER; 02-16-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Guys get caught with illegal car and get moved from inside to outside of front row.
    When did this happen?

This is on the driver, not the officials, IF they gave direction in the driver's meeting.

If this was his weekly track, I could see pinning it on him, but it's not.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    This is on the driver, not the officials, IF they gave direction in the driver's meeting.
    There are 2 sides to every story and usually the answer is some where in the middle. Unless you where there and know what the entire issue was first hand it's all here say. The issue from what I have seen on various outlets was with tire tech.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

As has been widely pointed out...
    Dennis Erb Jr. is one of the good guys on the national touring scene. Emotions are high because a dude that most of us have high opinions of was stripped of a win, 10k, and the 1st place points for an event.

As has also been pointed out...
    Had this been Bloomquist, Sheppard, JD, Pierce, Madden, Richards, or a few others, this thread and others would've been 20 pages long with props to WoO and wrg.

It's a raw deal with fingers to point both ways, but at the end of the day, the other two podium finishers figured it out.

I applaud Dennis for how he's handled it. Better than most, imho. I hope we see The One Man Band back in victory lane soon, and multiple times in 2020.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    As has been widely pointed out... Dennis Erb Jr. is one of the good guys on the national touring scene. Emotions are high because a dude that most of us have high opinions of was stripped of a win, 10k, and the 1st place points for an event. As has also been pointed out... Had this been Bloomquist, Sheppard, JD, Pierce, Madden, Richards, or a few others, this thread and others would've been 20 pages long with props to WoO and wrg. It's a raw deal with fingers to point both ways, but at the end of the day, the other two podium finishers figured it out. I applaud Dennis for how he's handled it. Better than most, imho. I hope we see The One Man Band back in victory lane soon, and multiple times in 2020.
    I agree. A poor hard working fellow got cornholed on this deal. If this was anything more than The perceived Mark Richards Racing Series he would have had at least 2 honest series workers on 4 wheelers driving up to him and both waving their arms and wanting to convey to him { Please follow me, I'm ALERT enough to know that you are the obvious winner and I'm here to assist you to where you need to go to cement this win that everyone in attendance here tonight knows that you won} . I suspect that if the WoO doesn't want a silent BOYCOTT that they will admit that the cowardice that they pulled against Mr. Erb was only to insert the factory house car of a certain chassis manufacturer into victory lane. After this latest debacle of WoO I have no more time for this outfit. I will spend my money on a more honest series from now on.

This conspiracy BS is unreal!!
    For crying out loud even someone running some backwoods series knows for sure the winner and at least 2nd and 3rd go to tech.
    How many (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) years has he been racing?
    He just needs to own up that he had a brain fart and F'd up and move on.....

Thumbs up

Have to laugh ! Was it Rusty Wallace in NASCAR that won at a track and he took 2 extra laps because he had no idea how to get to where the victory lane was. BOTTOM LINE is that even NASCAR as rotten as they are in todays world isn't azzholly enough to pull the dirty stinking crap as the WoO pulled on Mr. Erb. They need to MAN UP and reinstate the win on him.

Dennis made a mistake literally no other driver who has ever finished top 3 in WoO, Lucas, or any other sanction has ever made, but it’s a sanction problem?

Do any of you even deal in reality?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I think there is fault on both ends, but at the end of it, it falls on Erb. You know that you have to be teched and its not going to be at your hauler. You have 10k you know you earned, go ask before you roll out of victory lane, don't move till you're told where to go. They weren't just going to skip tech that night. Everyone is up in arms just because of who happened to finish second, which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    When did this happen?
    Droop rule violations at Volusia this week. Docking cars one position in qualifying for each 1/8” they are off. So set quick time but 3/8ths out of rule. Move from pole of first heat to outside front row of first heat. Real big penalty. If car is out of rule limit, they should be scored as dead last in qualifying. I don’t see penalties for being under weight being enforced by if you are 5, 20, or 100 pounds under. If your under you’re scored at back.

Josh,

I agree with you 100%.
    Somehow, my last post got misinterpreted that Dennis has zero blame in this deal, when that's not what I said.

Feel bad for the guy, but I don't believe it was WoO carrying Rocket's water pail as some apparently believe. They don't need the help.

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    I think there is fault on both ends, but at the end of it, it falls on Erb. You know that you have to be teched and its not going to be at your hauler. You have 10k you know you earned, go ask before you roll out of victory lane, don't move till you're told where to go. They weren't just going to skip tech that night. Everyone is up in arms just because of who happened to finish second, which is ridiculous.
    YEP!......According to Shuman, they penalized Erb not dqed him. He received last place money and points. Had he been dqed, he would have gotten ZERO!

Now that this has happened, I wont be camping out at tracks to watch the WoO go to pot like the Nasky series has. No more sitting at Lernerville for days at the Firecracker watching it rain ! Next thing you know they will keep throwing yellow flags at the end of races and having restarts until whoever they want to win, wins.