Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytona...

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    46 seconds from the time Newman went sideways until the first fire extinguisher went off. Not a long time but with a car on fire that has fuel pouring out the fuel cell I think that is unacceptable
    Exactly my thoughts. Watching that fuel, the flame, just waiting. They got very lucky, Ryan got very lucky.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    What caution flag, the wreck happened at the finish line. No caution flag would have made any difference at that point. Grateful that Newman is OK, it was horrible waiting for the news
    wasn't there a wreck coming to the white flag?

I counted 27 seconds from the time Newman's car stopped until the fire extinguisher was used. Safety crew can NOT roll UNTIL all the cars finished the race. The 46 seconds is irrelevant.
    Last edited by dirtSLMracing; 02-18-2020 at 08:58 AM.

IMO which doesn’t mean a thing. NASCAR does well with driver safety in general and I’m sure they’ll learn a thing or two from this. But there problem would be ( again just my opinion ) they would choose a entertaining finish or a few more seconds of entertainment over the 10-20 seconds quicker that they could get to some accidents. And one day that 20 seconds will mean life or death.

chupp n bloomer fan...I was talking about Florence too. Why do you take offense to somebody calling out the emergency crews at Florence for their slow response but then you yourself calls out the emergency crews at Daytona for their slow response? I fail to see the difference between the two.

Hey, I know! Let's turn this into a bich fest why don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Watching that fuel, the flame, just waiting. They got very lucky, Ryan got very lucky.
    Same here cnb! What kept that fuel from igniting makes you wonder...

Why didn't the fuel ignite? Because it wasn't race fuel! It was too thick too be race fuel. Had to be either rearend oil or motor oil out of the oil cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by CornSmoker View Post
    Why didn't the fuel ignite? Because it wasn't race fuel! It was too thick too be race fuel. Had to be either rearend oil or motor oil out of the oil cooler.
    Bingo. Waiting for someone to figure it out. If that had been fuel? Ouch!!
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    My question to NASCAR is why did the yellow not come out immediately when the wreck started and why did they let them race back to the flag stand. NASCAR has no class and does not care about their drivers, this is the last time that I will watch them. I will watch my Lucas Oil Racing TV and get a few months o DirtVision a year and then head to as many dirt races as I can .
    It did come out when the wreck started. Look at the 5 second mark the lights on the flag stand come on.

https://mobile.twitter.com/troyhirsc...71938474807297

Quote Originally Posted by CornSmoker View Post
    I'll go with that. Surely had that been fuel things would have gone real bad fast...

It was engine oil out of the dry sump tank.

They run e98 if that was fuel it would have over with. I use e85 in my car you pour some out light it it burns nearly clear you see and feel the heat but very .little flame

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I agree 100%

Most on here just wants to put Nascar down every chance they get. Do I agree with everything Nascar has done No I don't. They panicked when the fans that were caught up in the hype and not true race fans started to leave the sport. The racing hasn't really changed all that much but, what has changed was were they raced at. Gone are some of the smaller tracks that produced great racing and replaced by cookie cutter tracks that doesn't produce good racing. Gimmicks like the overtime has produced more carnage and cost the teams more money than is necessary. The chase I have mixed feelings on. Sometimes I think it's ok and at other times I think it needs to end.
    And I agree with you 100%

Posted an update this afternoon, but no real update on his condition.

Yellow line rules need to go away. Speeds need to go up 10 to 15 mph. First 15 rows of seats need to go bye bye. Maybe take some roll bars out of the cars. Maybe the teenage drivers will start respecting these race cars

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Posted an update this afternoon, but no real update on his condition.
    Media and nascar has been a big time fail. All the fans needed to know was that Ryan was alert and responsive.

Nascar doesn't even use restrictor plates anymore. The 2019 Daytona 500 was the last restrictor plate Race.
    Last edited by IL LM Fan; 02-18-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    Nascar doesn't even use restrictor plates anymore. The 2019 Daytona 500 was the last restrictor plate Race.
    yep.....I saw a guy on fb state he was a lifelong Cup fan and all they need to do is cut the hp to 500! I responded by posting, they did.....about 30 years ago! smh

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    It did come out when the wreck started. Look at the 5 second mark the lights on the flag stand come on.

https://mobile.twitter.com/troyhirsc...71938474807297
    With a wreck/crash of that magnitude, with fuel pouring out of the car, safety crews taking longer to respond because of the cars still racing, etc., a red flag should of been thrown, instead of racing back to the flag stand, winner doing donuts, etc., etc.. If some of you's did not understand that's what I meant about NASCAR not caring about their drivers when I clearly mentioned about racing back to the flag, you's are the one's are that just looking at something to complain about.