Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytona...

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm just glad to hear Ryan is awake an talking to family and doctors.
    Yea def great news!

I would put Waltrip and the Bodine wreck ahead of Ryan on the horrific looking scale. Maybe they were forgotten by many due to lack of serious injury.

That Bodine one the body on the truck was tore off I believe before it was hit again by 2 or 3 other trucks at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    Are you saying that fans can't tell the difference between crate cars and open motors?.lol Other fans have different senses than I do.lol
    Yes....I said the " CASUAL" fan can rarely if ever tell the difference.....if you think they can you're fooling yourself.

Hard core fans like all of us, absolutely can tell the difference.

Take a race fan that doesn't see much dirt racing to a track one night with supers and steelheads both on the card......and then get ready for the questions.

Report back
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    And supers run inline 6cyl with 2 barrel
    A casual fan would not dispute you at all most likely......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I would put Waltrip and the Bodine wreck ahead of Ryan on the horrific looking scale. Maybe they were forgotten by many due to lack of serious injury.
    https://youtu.be/uzxcuV5rmA4

https://youtu.be/k55h0XCF1t8

I tell people if I get hurt at work (with dangerous job) to tell people exactly what happened. I do not want rumor mill or speculation as to what happened. If you lost you arm and are parelized today that will also be the case 30 or 60 days from now. There is absolutely no good reason to hold information from the public in this case. You are a public person with a public job. You do not want people making up stuff and speculating. Media, NASCAR and Rousch are now part of the rumor mill and not really helping Ryan Newman. Now all that being said.... here are the rumors I have heard (lost an arm)(burn injuries)(smoke inhalation)(possible spinal issues)(just a lot of broken bones). Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I tell people if I get hurt at work (with dangerous job) to tell people exactly what happened. I do not want rumor mill or speculation as to what happened. If you lost you arm and are parelized today that will also be the case 30 or 60 days from now. There is absolutely no good reason to hold information from the public in this case. You are a public person with a public job. You do not want people making up stuff and speculating. Media, NASCAR and Rousch are now part of the rumor mill and not really helping Ryan Newman. Now all that being said.... here are the rumors I have heard (lost an arm)(burn injuries)(smoke inhalation)(possible spinal issues)(just a lot of broken bones). Thats my 2 cents.
    You're part of the problem spreading those rumors. The media has done a good job of not reporting on rumors. We'll find out soon enough what his injuries are and all that matters is knowing that he's going to survive. They likely want to wait until they know what the longer term damage will be before they start reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    You're part of the problem spreading those rumors. The media has done a good job of not reporting on rumors. We'll find out soon enough what his injuries are and all that matters is knowing that he's going to survive. They likely want to wait until they know what the longer term damage will be before they start reporting it.
    Bingo. I’m sure when they know the extent of everything roush will let everyone know.

Roush literally just posted an update a pic of him with his daughters. He looks no worse for the wear.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Roush literally just posted an update a pic of him with his daughters. He looks no worse for the wear.
    Yea I just saw that also. Great news

Ryan Newman walking around hospital after horrific Daytona 500 crash

27 mins ago

So...Apparently not much wrong with a Ryan..... so.... was this another NASCAR entertainment bit ? Media is pathetic.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 02-19-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Great news... Thank God!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Yes....I said the " CASUAL" fan can rarely if ever tell the difference.....if you think they can you're fooling yourself.

Hard core fans like all of us, absolutely can tell the difference.

Take a race fan that doesn't see much dirt racing to a track one night with supers and steelheads both on the card......and then get ready for the questions.

Report back
    A "casual fan" is not a "fan", someone like that probably prefers the hobby stocks. This 30 year "fan" would lose interest if it was just crate racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    So...Apparently not much wrong with a Ryan..... so.... was this another NASCAR entertainment bit ? Media is pathetic.
    Blood thirsty much?

Blood thirsty much?
    Disturbing isn't it. Never seen someone get so worked up.

Blood thirsty much?
    Exactly. Dude might want to just sit the rest of this one out, before he makes an even bigger fool of himself

He has been released from the hospital