Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytona...

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    With a wreck/crash of that magnitude, with fuel pouring out of the car, safety crews taking longer to respond because of the cars still racing, etc., a red flag should of been thrown, instead of racing back to the flag stand, winner doing donuts, etc., etc.. If some of you's did not understand that's what I meant about NASCAR not caring about their drivers when I clearly mentioned about racing back to the flag, you's are the one's are that just looking at something to complain about.
    I'm not sure you saw video of the wreck. It happened at the finish line while the checkers were flying. Throwing a red flag wouldn't have allowed the safety crew to get there faster, and the donuts didn't prevent the safety crew from getting to the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    I'm not sure you saw video of the wreck. It happened at the finish line while the checkers were flying. Throwing a red flag wouldn't have allowed the safety crew to get there faster, and the donuts didn't prevent the safety crew from getting to the scene.
    And how many other cars were still racing, moving on the track, that the video doesn't show. The race included more cars at the end than Blaney, Hamlin and Newman. Most other race organizations throw out the red flag when a car flips or rolls, no matter the track size, and will only let them move once everything is deemed safe from the crash.

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Thanks Shiny! Good to hear he is talking...

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    And how many other cars were still racing, moving on the track, that the video doesn't show. The race included more cars at the end than Blaney, Hamlin and Newman. Most other race organizations throw out the red flag when a car flips or rolls, no matter the track size, and will only let them move once everything is deemed safe from the crash.
    Those cars are doing 200 mph. When NASCAR throws a red flag, they don't come to an immediate stop. This isn't your Saturday night dirt track. It's also a 2.5 mile race track. The car pulling into the pits after the race are hundreds of yards from where Newman's car was.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Almost the same as crate /steelhead versus open motors.....the casual fan can tell No difference.
    Are you saying that fans can't tell the difference between crate cars and open motors?.lol Other fans have different senses than I do.lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    yep.....I saw a guy on fb state he was a lifelong Cup fan and all they need to do is cut the hp to 500! I responded by posting, they did.....about 30 years ago! smh
    Believe they had a 550hp package this weekend at daytona

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Believe they had a 550hp package this weekend at daytona
    I believe that's for every track!

And supers run inline 6cyl with 2 barrel

Q: What's different with horsepower? A: NASCAR will limit horsepower with a tapered spacer for every race but next year's Daytona 500. Cars will run 550 horsepower at all tracks 1.33 miles and larger. At tracks less than 1.33 miles, cars will have 750 horsepower.

Which means most tracks! smh

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I believe that's for every track!
    most tracks are different. I think they are typically at 450. I know they talked about having more this weekend then before

NASCAR switched from the restrictor plate to the tapered spacer at Daytona and Talladega after the 2019 Daytona 500. This added approximately 100 HP (450 HP with the plate, 550 with the tapered spacer). This gives the drivers more throttle response. They use a much taller rear spoiler at these tracks to increase drag and keep speeds somewhat under control, but a consequence of this is that the cars now punch a much larger hole in the air, allowing for dramatically increased closing rates on the track.

I agree with the vast majority of this.

I have read that several people said Ryan's wreck was the most horrific stock car wreck they have seen. In my opinion when Austin Dillion went into the catch fence in 2015 that was more horrific looking. Fortunately he was not injured. I was watching both live and I remember thinking Austin was seriously injured. I didn't have that feeling until I saw some replays last night and realized LaJoie hit Ryan above the driver's seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84hz9w2GlV4

Geoff bodines craftsman trk wreck was about the worst looking

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    Geoff bodines craftsman trk wreck was about the worst looking
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55h0XCF1t8

I'm just glad to hear Ryan is awake an talking to family and doctors.

Agreed the Dillon wreck looked very bad. Car was torn apart. Cool he walked away.IMO, last nights wreck was especially spectacular because, maybe due to being near the finish line, they had a cameras literally right there. You could see in slow motion close up HD glory, the car rolling mid air with the drivers door smashed in, after LaJoie hit it. Not a pretty sight.Add to that, the 10:00 news opened with exactly that scene. Slow mo of the car rolling mid air with the drivers door area smashed in. It's likely that even if you aren't a race fan, you saw that wreck by turning the news on. So many have nothing to compare it to anyways.

Sorry. Don't know how to make the post appear as typed. With actual sentences.