Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytona...

Prayers for Ryan Newman. When the black screens go up around a accident, it's usually a bad deal. Media was told to leave pit area.
    8/13/16

If restricter plates were taken off the cars would be running speeds of 230 to 235 mph. This is not the answer. This has been proven in independent test. Horespower needs to be reduced some how I agree with that. If you just took these cars and took restricter plates off tomorrow, bad things would happen.

I Hope Ryan Newman is okay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    If restricter plates were taken off the cars would be running speeds of 230 to 235 mph. This is not the answer. This has been proven in independent test. Horespower needs to be reduced some how I agree with that. If you just took these cars and took restricter plates off tomorrow, bad things would happen.
    Exactly......Nascar has the best engineers available.

If there was a simple fix, it woulda been done along time ago!

4m engineers.....smh!!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Exactly......Nascar has the best engineers available.

If there was a simple fix, it woulda been done along time ago!

4m engineers.....smh!!!!!
    ^^^ What you said...

The lone leader on the white flag lap is a setting duck if they catch him he will be turned, and nascar advertises this kind of chit with restrictor plate racing, with the Big one coming. Kinda of sick - wish nothing but the best for Newman !

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Instead of pulling the grandstands out of the track, they should have left them all in. The few fans that still come should have to sit back about 20 rows up. Then they could open the cars for more speed.

praying for Ryan , never want to see this....horse power is fully in the hands of nascar now , due to advent of fuel injection and a little box called a ECM , so any improvements evolving HP is out of the equation , maybe its time for E-CUP cars....

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    What a piece of $hit. Celebrating? Donuts? That was sickening to watch. Disgusting
    Oh come on. They obviously did not know the seriousness of Ryan Newman's wreck at that time.

They have to change the track,but it wont be that big crash laden 500 no more
    Only in racing does a person knowingly put on a dud show, and then blames everyone else for not appreciating their dud show.

Wonder what the drivers think about speed vs restricter plates. All I know is when they're that tight bad things happen.

We've seen this for years. We all know the "big wreck" will happen..and now it may have cost a life..

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Oh come on. They obviously did not know the seriousness of Ryan Newman's wreck at that time.
    That is how the Gibbs trash opperates so i wouldn't put it past him.
    Only in racing does a person knowingly put on a dud show, and then blames everyone else for not appreciating their dud show.

I have nothing to add except that I hope and pray that Ryan is ok. That was an awful crash.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    What a piece of $hit. Celebrating? Donuts? That was sickening to watch. Disgusting
    Must be a liberal. That is a lot of unnecessary drama.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I agree. Seen worse wrecks where they walked away and lesser ones that ended very bad. I think the seriousness of Ryans accident was when I believe LaJoie drove into the drivers side when he was upside down. I cringed when I saw it on replay.
    8/13/16

Yep, the impact to the roof right over Ryan's head was as hard as I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    That is how the Gibbs trash opperates so i wouldn't put it past him.
    If you honestly believe that, then you are dumber than a rock. Joe Gibbs is total class.

Hoping and praying for Ryan Newman. He just announced last Thursday he and his wife were splitting up after 16 years of marriage. Dang this is awful.

Todd Bodine survived that wreck in the truck race at Daytona in 2000 before safety equipment started to get more real

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I agree. Seen worse wrecks where they walked away and lesser ones that ended very bad. I think the seriousness of Ryans accident was when I believe LaJoie drove into the drivers side when he was upside down. I cringed when I saw it on replay.
    Agreed. I had the same thoughts when I saw that.