Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Port Royal Dirt Track Throwback

Guys, Any idea when the tickets go on sale and how to obtain them? I spoke to the speedway and they said Lucas is hosting the event. I went to the Lucas page but nothing on tickets.Thanks!

It’s not really even really Lucas, it’s Cody Sommer that’s promoting the event. Maybe try hitting him up on Twitter to see about tickets.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Cody Sommer, the same guy that is now part of SBR ? That now runs the WoO series ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Cody Sommer, the same guy that is now part of SBR ? That now runs the WoO series ?
    That's the one... had Mansfield and does the Dome race.
    "The Wise One"

Yeah. He finally sadly gave up on Mansfield. But it was the right move. I’d like to hit this race.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Good luck trying to get ahold of this guy. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me from over 2 years ago and so are a ton others. He is the worst promoter ever With communication between the race fans that have questions. So is his body Jacob nord.

Not trying to hi-jack your thread but the wife and I are debating on whether to go to this event. Port Royal has always been a bucket lister, things to do near the speedway, hotels, food, etc. Any advice is appreciated.

Pennsboro, I attend races at Port Royal 5 or 6 times a year. (I live two hours away). Here is some information for you. Port Royal is 30 miles south of State College (Penn State)....tons of hotels and restaurants there and 50 miles north of Harrisburg. Mifflintown is the next town over and has several hotels (Knights Inn & Econo Lodge). The town of Lewistown is 10 miles north and has several hotels (Super 8)....as far as restaurants, Port Royal has several that are good and reasonably priced. (Original Italian Pizza, Juniata Junction, McBarney's and Little Cafe). Think Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.....small places that the locals know and patronize. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 02-18-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Pennsboro, I attend races at Port Royal 5 or 6 times a year. (I live two hours away). Here is some information for you. Port Royal is 30 miles south of State College (Penn State)....tons of hotels and restaurants there and 50 miles north of Harrisburg. Mifflintown is the next down over and has several hotels ( Knights Inn & Econo Lodge). The town of Lewistown is 10 miles north and has several hotels (Super 8)....as far as restaurants, Port Royal has several that are good and reasonably priced. (Original Italian Pizza, Juniata Junction, McBarney's and Little Cafe). Think Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.....small places that the locals know and patronize. Hope this helps.
    Yep that about covers it, absolutely beautiful area. Best racetrack you'll attend that's not called Eldora.

They've done a lot to improve the quality of racing there. Premier race track, highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

That will be a huge 3 weekend stretch for me. Port Royal, Hillbilly 100 at Tyler County, World 100 at Eldora.

Yea, but it's not PENNSBORO.

Yea, but it's not PENNSBORO.
    I want to see another race there so bad, however don't think we'll ever see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    That will be a huge 3 weekend stretch for me. Port Royal, Hillbilly 100 at Tyler County, World 100 at Eldora.
    I know I’ll be at port and Tyler county, trying to get some plans for the world too

home track of the "man from Mifflintown" (keith kaufman). the new tunnel look pretty good...
    Last edited by smith19; 02-23-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Pennsboro are they still doing work there ? I saw photo's awhile back and there was some large equipment on site. Shame, I think Carl short holds the rights to what if anything ever happens there again. But boy the racing was great, big Jim Dunn coming thru the field or the F1 of Mike Duvall just tearing the place up. Dang...

Pennsboro are they still doing work there ? I saw photo's awhile back and there was some large equipment on site. Shame, I think Carl short holds the rights to what if anything ever happens there again. But boy the racing was great, big Jim Dunn coming thru the field or the F1 of Mike Duvall just tearing the place up. Dang...
    Man, the racing wasn’t great. Anyone here will attest to it. It was mediocre, and the place was a death trap. We all went because it was Pennsboro. And I’d go back, but I doubt insurance will cover them as it was. I don't know if they are trying to get it going, but they work to get insured would be substantial. And sadly it’d take away from the magic of Pennsboro. Still find it crazy it existed, but man, in done screwed up way, I loved it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

*I know they have been trying

*The work

*Some screwed up

Typos I had

This season's approvements at Port Royal were of course the tunnel.. They widened the front stretch removing the stage/victory Lane.. The tower that sat there of the remaining part of the old scoring tower.. Building a new victory Lane.. Moving the flag stand towards turn 4 to be at the ABS scoring cable.. Built a new restroom in the infield.. Built a new pit pass ticket window with bathrooms as well at the turn 4 entrance.. Removed the old pit grandstands putting up higher and bigger grandstands for the pits.. Putting in a lane on the inside of the front straight that enters at turn 1 for time trials.. They also are expanding the camping area as well.. The fair board also bought the school across the street from the fair grounds but not sure what the plans are for that.. If your coming up to camp for this race.. I highly recommend either reserving a spot or getting there earlier than Thursday or Friday..

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    This season's approvements at Port Royal were of course the tunnel.. They widened the front stretch removing the stage/victory Lane.. The tower that sat there of the remaining part of the old scoring tower.. Building a new victory Lane.. Moving the flag stand towards turn 4 to be at the ABS scoring cable.. Built a new restroom in the infield.. Built a new pit pass ticket window with bathrooms as well at the turn 4 entrance.. Removed the old pit grandstands putting up higher and bigger grandstands for the pits.. Putting in a lane on the inside of the front straight that enters at turn 1 for time trials.. They also are expanding the camping area as well.. The fair board also bought the school across the street from the fair grounds but not sure what the plans are for that.. If your coming up to camp for this race.. I highly recommend either reserving a spot or getting there earlier than Thursday or Friday..
    Dang. They are definitely doing some great stuff there.