Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Pennsboro are they still doing work there ? I saw photo's awhile back and there was some large equipment on site. Shame, I think Carl short holds the rights to what if anything ever happens there again. But boy the racing was great, big Jim Dunn coming thru the field or the F1 of Mike Duvall just tearing the place up. Dang...
    Yeah, they’re still doing some small improvements. There’s an infield restroom, dirt has been moved on hillside, they received bleachers from an area high school but they’ve yet to be put up, a couple walking bridges across the creek, and they’ve built a pavilion. They really have no source of income, just whatever donations they get and they make a little money off of mini wedge races and Heritage day festival. Lots of things left to do, such as guardrails, fence, clay, lighting, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    This season's approvements at Port Royal were of course the tunnel.. They widened the front stretch removing the stage/victory Lane.. The tower that sat there of the remaining part of the old scoring tower.. Building a new victory Lane.. Moving the flag stand towards turn 4 to be at the ABS scoring cable.. Built a new restroom in the infield.. Built a new pit pass ticket window with bathrooms as well at the turn 4 entrance.. Removed the old pit grandstands putting up higher and bigger grandstands for the pits.. Putting in a lane on the inside of the front straight that enters at turn 1 for time trials.. They also are expanding the camping area as well.. The fair board also bought the school across the street from the fair grounds but not sure what the plans are for that.. If your coming up to camp for this race.. I highly recommend either reserving a spot or getting there earlier than Thursday or Friday..
    You currently cannot purchase tickets or reserve camping spots. This info came straight from the track via email. This is not meant to be negative towards port. But these racetracks want to have these "crown jewel " type events but don't have the basics in place for people to plan fortunately im close and could go without camping but many fans aren't. Im going to the world two weeks after this and all those details have been locked in for over a month. When you announce a event all of this should already be setup. Otherwise you stand to loose fans. Alot of people plan their whole year out way ahead of time and aren't going to sit around waiting for details of a event to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    You currently cannot purchase tickets or reserve camping spots. This info came straight from the track via email. This is not meant to be negative towards port. But these racetracks want to have these "crown jewel " type events but don't have the basics in place for people to plan fortunately im close and could go without camping but many fans aren't. Im going to the world two weeks after this and all those details have been locked in for over a month. When you announce a event all of this should already be setup. Otherwise you stand to loose fans. Alot of people plan their whole year out way ahead of time and aren't going to sit around waiting for details of a event to be announced.
    Yep. World 100 and vacation are already set up. Not that I get vacation time, but still, already scheduled and booked.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

You absolutely nailed it! You would think a facility like this as well as the payout would have this sign, sealed, and delivered to the fans. From talking to the Track folks...This is on the Lucas series for the ticketing....That’s all I got from them.

Again, this race is a lease deal. It’s a Cody Sommer event. I think most of these questions should be sent his way.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

^^^and therein lyes the problem.

I got in touch with someone up at Port Royal who knows just pretty much everyone involved at the track that he needed to let them know they need to get things in order for the camping situation.. Hes gonna let me know whats going on once he talks to someone.. Told him they gotta get their chit in line that people want to get their plans made for this race..

While i understand your point bayko i disagree. The dtwc is Carl short's event but when you contact Portsmouth speedway in regards to his event held at their speedway they don't direct you to him. It's a joint venture not a lease he's not leasing their speedway he's promoting a event their. Either party should be able to answer any questions. But the main point is the answers should be known by this point

While i understand your point bayko i disagree. The dtwc is Carl short's event but when you contact Portsmouth speedway in regards to his event held at their speedway they don't direct you to him. It's a joint venture not a lease he's not leasing their speedway he's promoting a event their. Either party should be able to answer any questions. But the main point is the answers should be known by this point
    I’m sure Port Royal would love to answer everybody’s questions, but they really have no idea what’s going on that weekend yet. The track is run extremely well, this race has not so far.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

"I’m sure Port Royal would love to answer everybody’s questions, but they really have no idea what’s going on that weekend yet. The track is run extremely well, this race has not so far."

BINGO....it is not like the Port Royal management team does't have experience running big races. Last year's Tuscarora 50 was one of the largest crowds in the long storied history of the track......

My contact up there talked to someone on the fairboard and the camping details will be released shortly.. They are working out the details with Sommer's.. If I hear anymore I will update..

I hope somebody works the race track for him if not another Mansfield.

Where did this guy get all his money ? Sommers ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I hope somebody works the race track for him if not another Mansfield.
    There’s a saying about polishing a turd, that was Mansfield. Beautiful facility, not a bad location, problem was, they used crap dirt.

There’s nothing you can do to a dirt track if the dirt is crap other than get rid of it. If it’s got a bunch of rocks, it ain’t good clay anyway.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

And seeings how Sharon got their clay from the same place as Port Royal, and Port Royal is top notch, it’ll be good. And Sharon has been very good too. I’ve not been to Port Royal, but the surface at Sharon is their same make up, and it’s great.

Can’t wait to get to Port next Sunday for the season opening race!! Super sprints and super lates!!

The clay at Sharon is not the same as the clay at Port Royal. Sharon’s clay came from the Lernerville area but it was the track crew from Port Royal that reshaped Sharon and placed the clay.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Where did this guy get all his money ? Sommers ?
    If I remember correctly I thought I had heard a while back that Cody owns a micro brewery. I could be wrong though.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Default Big half mile

Ok. My brother has run there forever, and we are friends with the GM. But I honestly never asked him flat out. I had heard or seen in there write up where I swear they used Port Royal’s supplier. But if ya know different man, gotcha. Either way, Sharon is very good now.

After some Googling man and texting my brother, unless you hauled the stuff in, the surface and way it was done were both from Port Royal’s people.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 02-29-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Everything about the Port Royal Speedway is first class. The two motels in Mifflintown aren't that big, and both charge pretty high prices considering that they're an EconoLodge and Super 8. However, the alternatives are Harrisburg which is a hike, and State College, which (unlike what an earlier post said) is almost 50 miles from the track.