Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA, ! ! ! ! No disrespect intended. It is has been implied that NASKY was so amazed of the 3 week every day mileage that the mainstream media and the NBA got over the Kobe Bryant death that they tried to glamorize the accident of solid big old tough guy Ryan Newman when the experienced race fan realizes that it was a rather routine wreck for any racer on any speedway. For Cripes sake did anybody note that the Richard Petty pirouette, the Rusty Wallace wreck at Bristol, the Bobby Allison crash through the fence at the super speedway, the Busch race that Mike Waltrip was left sitting in the middle of the racetrack in only the seat and no car surrounding him etc. left each and every one of those racers not the worse for wear in the long run ? SNOW, SNOW, SNOWFLAKERY !!!!!!!! Did even the passing of Elvis run on this long ? ?
    This hit was very similar to the one Dale Sr took in '96 at Talladega. It's reasonable to expect serious injuries from it.

A recent statement from Newman says that he is recovering from a head injury. I would call that a serious injury, even if he was able to walk out of the hospital.
    Last edited by mcarter815; 02-24-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    This hit was very similar to the one Dale Sr took in '96 at Talladega. It's reasonable to expect serious injuries from it.

A recent statement from Newman says that he is recovering from a head injury. I would call that a serious injury, even if he was able to walk out of the hospital.
    The SNOWFLAKES are everywhere !

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    The SNOWFLAKES are everywhere !
    You apparently have had your head in the sand with regards to CTEs.

I thought I would post something on her that should have been posted I read somewhere when all this was going on that Kevin Harvicks wife took care of the girls while they were checking out Ryan I think she needs a real thank you for that not knowing how bad there daddy was injured and waiting on a phone call while she took care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I thought I would post something on her that should have been posted I read somewhere when all this was going on that Kevin Harvicks wife took care of the girls while they were checking out Ryan I think she needs a real thank you for that not knowing how bad there daddy was injured and waiting on a phone call while she took care of them.
    That was a great act of kindness...

I thought nascar sent a jet to pick up Christie and the kids to bring them to Daytona as they were on a vacation

Without looking it up ............... tell us what CTE stands for !

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I thought nascar sent a jet to pick up Christie and the kids to bring them to Daytona as they were on a vacation
    You thought wrong.
    8/13/16

Without looking it up ............... tell us what CTE stands for !
    In simple terms CTE is about the negative effects on the brain from repeated impacts. Think football players, boxers and race car drivers.

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    i reallky just ewanted to see if the guy accusing me of having my head in the sand was any better !

You must have copied & pasted that cuz your vocabulary doesnt go to far into the alphabet!😁

i reallky just ewanted to see if the guy accusing me of having my head in the sand was any better !
    I got that. Just wanted to see more unintelligent remarks by HIGH ROLLER. It worked... lol

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    You must have copied & pasted that cuz your vocabulary doesnt go to far into the alphabet!
    How are you today, Rich? My favorite little troll...

CTE is a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in people with a history of repetitive brain trauma (often athletes), including symptomatic concussions as well as asymptomatic subconcussive hits to the head that do not cause symptoms.

I never heard Newman's serious injury was something progressives. Has his illnesses worsened since this last crash or was this last crash the onset of his CTE?

CTE is a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in people with a history of repetitive brain trauma (often athletes), including symptomatic concussions as well as asymptomatic subconcussive hits to the head that do not cause symptoms.

I never heard Newman's serious injury was something progressives. Has his illnesses worsened since this last crash or was this last crash the onset of his CTE?
    No idea if he actually has CTE, and my post shouldn't be taken as to mean he has. My response was to dirtMAN007's comment about snowflakes which I took as him shrugging off the severity of a concussion. Newman's lack of visible injuries but still needing therapy are what suggest that he has suffered a brain injury.

No idea if he actually has CTE, and my post shouldn't be taken as to mean he has. My response was to dirtMAN007's comment about snowflakes which I took as him shrugging off the severity of a concussion. Newman's lack of visible injuries but still needing therapy are what suggest that he has suffered a brain injury.
    It appeared you were aiming at Newman having a CTE. I'm sure I just assumed wrong though as to what you were saying...

Never seen where he had a concussion. All I have seen is he had head injures. I must have missed that...

It appeared you were aiming at Newman having a CTE. I'm sure I just assumed wrong though as to what you were saying...
    A major concussion can lead to CTEs. Newman has been racing long enough and been in enough wrecks that it's always a possibility. Even if not, a major concussion is always serious.

A major concussion can lead to CTEs. Newman has been racing long enough and been in enough wrecks that it's always a possibility. Even if not, a major concussion is always serious.
    Oh, major concussion! Whoa!! I need to read up on the Newman's latest diagnosis obviously!!