Default World 100 info needed

My wife bought me tics for this years World 100. There are 6 adults in our party. We cannot camp out. We have been looking at motels and hotels in the area. We were talking about Airbnb or Vrbo. Any suggestions or “inside info” on anything available?

Nothing really that close. Celina, St Marys, Piqua are the closest. Richmond, IN and Dayton OH are the next closest. There could be something in Greenville, OH but I bet it's booked a year in advance? You might find an Airbnb or VRBO in one of the quaint little towns close to Lake Loramie or Grand Lake? I think there are a few hotels near Brookville that wouldn't be too far away. There are some RV rental places as well but they are booked way out as well.

Me and reid boys stayed in Decatur, IN at Rodeway Inn. It's about an hour away. $60/night on Hotels.com.
    Last edited by Shiny Side Up 18; 02-18-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

We usually stay around Dayton & like it best. Have stayed other places, but it seems best for us! Kinda iffy on Airbnb, etc for us, but have at it!

Try Portland Indiana. Northwest of Eldora. Less than an hour from the track. Depends on where you are coming from.

We stay in Sidney, which is about 28 miles East of the track. Most people are staying South or West. It's super easy to get out after the race and barely any traffic to the hotel.
    Last edited by Slider31; 02-19-2020 at 05:53 AM.

We usually camp but one time we stayed in Piqua. I think it was 40 minutes to the track through some backroads. Not a bad drive.

The last few years I've been staying at the Troy, OH exit on I-75 .. several hotels and restaurants to choose from and about 34-35 miles to the track.

We've also stayed in Troy for a number of years now. Not too far and plenty to choose from for breakfast and after the races..

We stay in Portland, Indiana. It's only about 20 minutes from the track and a very nice place to stay.

Stayed in Portland also. Nice place and like the others said, 20-25 minutes easy drive to the track.

Now we did learn to pack an ample cooler with supplies. Portland is not a hopping town. We thought having a sports bar outside the hotel would be a plus. Got down there on Thursday night hoping to go watch the first NFL game and they were closed at 9 PM. I'm not used to having a sports bar close at halftime when there is an NFL game on the tube but I came for racing and the hotel had plenty of TVs.

So on Friday we were at the track from about 12 Noon until the end of the action. Not wanting to drink and drive we took it easy at the track and thought - well it is Friday night and there's the sports bar, so... We got back there at about 11:40 PM and were told to order quick, they were closing.

I'm from Wisconsin, none of that seemed normal to me but maybe that's how they roll in Portland. I wasn't looking for a party, just a few beers after the races and since we had to commute we were responsible. So, if you're like me and my friends, pack accordingly. I'd still endorse the hotel.

i have another question , we are camping in the north pavilion , i see where the rules say golf carts only , but i have herd people on here talking about rzr,s and side by sides running around , we have a electric golf cart but i have a little thing called a trail wagon that is basically a cheaper version of a mule , i was wandering if i could take it?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    i have another question , we are camping in the north pavilion , i see where the rules say golf carts only , but i have herd people on here talking about rzr,s and side by sides running around , we have a electric golf cart but i have a little thing called a trail wagon that is basically a cheaper version of a mule , i was wandering if i could take it?
    Speedy camping is the ONLY campground that allows SxS's.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slider31 View Post
    We stay in Sidney, which is about 28 miles East of the track. Most people are staying South or West. It's super easy to get out after the race and barely any traffic to the hotel.
    The Comfort Inn in Sidney was the best place when we were doing the hotel thing.

We just drive it now, but if I’m picking, that Comfort Inn in Sidney is nice. The one in Piqua ain’t bad either.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Agreed...We do the Hampton Inn Sidney. Wouldn’t surprise me if those two are sold out. We book as soon as we can the following year.

Romer’s Catering in St. Henry which is about 8 miles north of the track just put in a hotel which will be opening in June. Not sure if they have any openings, something you might want to check out.