Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50k to win PDC

Default 50k to win PDC

Question is what does the extra $20k to win do for the event/fans? Have a hard time believing they will get more cars to show up.

I'm thinking 10 more lates at most. as there usually is twin 10k races down south the same weekend so you won't pull from that.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    I'm thinking 10 more lates at most. as there usually is twin 10k races down south the same weekend so you won't pull from that.
    That's still 80 cars at a bullring if only 10 more show up. Only Gateway can rival that.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I seriously doubt they pull any more cars than normal. Purses don’t matter as much to the racers themselves as much as they do the fans.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I have one guy I know that all he talks about is how much a race is to win, to me drivers run just at hard for $5k as they do 20, 30, 50k to win. I would think pouring that 20k into finishing positions thru the A main would draw more cars IMO

If you have never been to fairbury you are missing out on a must see track and this event is awesome.

Spreading the big bucks back through the field is likely to get more cars. Example: A show we are running this weekend pays the A Mods $1,500 to win, 2nd is $600, 10th on back is $200. Sport Mods are $1K to win, $350 for 2nd, 8th on back $150. Pro Stocks (our class) is $1K to win, usually around $600, $400, $350, $300, etc. with around $100 to start. Sprint 360s are $2K to the winner and, I believe, $400 to start. Dolly Parton purses s....

Not in any way implying FALS is, or isn't, this way but way too many joints are. Some of our weekly tracks don't pay enough to win to cover a couple of pit passes and, just maybe, your truck's fuel costs to get there. Second on back, even if you have a good night and no damage or parts' failure, is a guarantee that you're going in the hole.

Decades ago most fans had no clue what the purse was and didn't care. They came for the excitement and the wrecks. Half the tracks we ran we didn't know what the payout was till we got to the payoff window at the end of the night to pick up the cash ( yes, green money). Hoped it was enough to get to the next race.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Question is what does the extra $20k to win do for the event/fans? Have a hard time believing they will get more cars to show up.
    I have never understood this way of thinking either other than it strokes the track owners ego. Pay back to the others to make this style of racing more sustainable. They will race just as hard for 20k to win as they will for 50k.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    I have never understood this way of thinking either other than it strokes the track owners ego. Pay back to the others to make this style of racing more sustainable. They will race just as hard for 20k to win as they will for 50k.
    i'm with you on that. If it paid 20k, that would leave $30,000 more to spread through the field and maybe keep more guys going.

Wouldn't this be the highest paying dirt race ever in Illinois? Maybe that's what they (the people in charge) like right now.

I believe it was the highest Illinios race once it got to $25k. Only reason is for promoter to "try to make it a crown jewel" So now its what it is. I know fairbury regulars that go every week to the track except this weekend. And i know some locals that leave town for this weekend. 1 Gal that works at daves rents her house out for that weekend.
    Last edited by t4g2; 02-21-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    I believe it was the highest Illinios race once it got to $25k. Only reason is for promoter to "try to make it a crown jewel" So now its what it is. I know fairbury regulars that go every week to the track except this weekend. And i know some locals that leave town for this weekend. 1 Gal that works at daves rents her house out for that weekend.
    I haven't been to the PDC since they moved the date to July and now that it is broadcasted live I see no reason to go.

I just assume he got a few more sponsor's to kick in the money obviously Matt must have a plan on how he's going to make the money back. I go because i have went most every year since the start of it. Its always been our Big race/gathering since the world started getting out of control. Last year things weren't too bad with more security around but 2 years ago we had some issues that took place. We do christmas in july.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    i'm with you on that. If it paid 20k, that would leave $30,000 more to spread through the field and maybe keep more guys going.
    as I'm sure you already know car counts are never a problem at fairbury for the PDC. They hardly have enough room for the entries as it is.
    8/13/16

Like most, I've seen kick ass races for $1000 to win and I've seen kick ass races up to $50000 to win. When it's all said and done, they are only going to start 20-26 cars anyway so I dont really care if there is 50/60 cars 40 is good for me. Four 10 car heats, a consi, feature and go home lol. If you are in to car counts, get rid of the top heavy purses and distribut throughout the field. Like the old show me. $4000 to start.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I haven't been to the PDC since they moved the date to July and now that it is broadcasted live I see no reason to go.
    Same here and have no intention of going to the pdc again

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Same here and have no intention of going to the pdc again
    Same here but, I do encourage anyone who hasn't been to at least attend once if they have the chance.

It was already a crown jewel in my mind. I love the place. Sitting in front of a tv is no comparison to being there or any of the major events. I’ll make the long journey every time.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    as I'm sure you already know car counts are never a problem at fairbury for the PDC. They hardly have enough room for the entries as it is.
    I didn't say they needed more cars. It would give the local and/or lower budget guys a chance at a better payday.

Payout throughout would be better than top heavy. I hope they have parking and adding more camping to solve some issues. All I have to say is if your traveling a few hours or more make sure you get reserved seats before you plan to go otherwise your wasting your time coming. Unless your bored an want to wait in line for 3 plus hours just to put a blanket down and be in line at 10am if not earlier.