Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ray cook and WoO Droop rule?

With all of these rules that have been being adopted by some different series to keep the cars down wouldn’t it be all around better to just take the spoilers off and enforce the rake rule on the deck? Wouldn’t no spoiler make “Jacking the LR up in the air” less of a advantage/way to get some drive?

Yes, it would unhook the cars and greatly reduce the advantage of hiking to the moon. Currently, the series enjoy writing mundane rules more than saving late models.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

That wouldn't be very good for midwest sheetmetal......

They can just start making orange roofs

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    They can just start making orange roofs
    They'd have to do b pillars. Roofs are composite and another component that was allowed to become an aero device once companies began selling them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The problem with these cars is simple. SHOCKS!! It all comes back to that

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    The problem with these cars is simple. SHOCKS!! It all comes back to that
    I fail to comprehend your argument. Shocks are a relatively simple device.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

then why do shocks cost so much ? im hearing of some paying over 10 grand or more for a full set.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    then why do shocks cost so much ? im hearing of some paying over 10 grand or more for a full set.....
    I think set and package get misused while you might have a set of six shocks for your car. A complete package may included multiple rf,rr and lr shocks for varying conditions/ track configurations. Most guys don't need the whole package such as one that tube traveling guys do. But racing is a monkey see monkey do sport. If someone hears jd or Sheppard has twelve shocks each they want the exact same thing. Weather they know how and when to use what shock or not. Because we all know it's the special device they have that makes them better

Monkey see, monkey do. I'm all for it. Good shocks are being given away these days. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Monkey see, monkey do. I'm all for it. Good shocks are being given away these days. Lol
    Agree 100% master's them guys buy high and sell low when it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread right out of the box. Bought my shocks dirt cheap from one of my shock guys ex clients that thought he wasn't giving him the "good stuff"

this is true , i know where there is a car right now with some old first gen afco blues that were basically given to the guy that have been upgraded by jerry link for 500 bucks that are flying , i have a set to BTW that i would not trade for any right now.....

Used Ohlins can be had for a song, and their excellent shocks! Some new cars require “non standard” lengths shocks, so mounts may need modifications to use them and others effectively.

MBR, sorry you fail to comprehend lol. You could only do so much to a car's handling and attitude when you bolted a set of Afcos(94's ,76's) on your car. Now the cars handle so good you have to worry more about downforce with the bodies. Nose on the ground left rear high up (hence the droop rule). I've raced late models since 1994 and that was the biggest game changer that I seen. But that's my opinion.

MBR, sorry you fail to comprehend lol. You could only do so much to a car's handling and attitude when you bolted a set of Afcos(94's ,76's) on your car. Now the cars handle so good you have to worry more about downforce with the bodies. Nose on the ground left rear high up (hence the droop rule). I've raced late models since 1994 and that was the biggest game changer that I seen. But that's my opinion.
    I don't know anyone running old 1300 series afcos. We've had actual, good shocks in dlm racing for over a decade and a half now. Those shock are quite capable of holding a car in any contortion you desire. Many of those shocks are now giveaway price. (Don't have the latest brand sticker on the side.) I won't even make the argument that holding the car in a certain attitude is giving away a lot of suspension capability. Fixing that is yet to come...

I've been in this game longer than you, fyi.

The biggest game changers were the realization that you actually need a working lr suspension, the relationship between antisquat off the corner and prosquat into the corner, and non-linear thinking on wheel rates. (Just because you soften the rf spring doesn't mean it has to be softer at 4" of travel.)
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-25-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

That's exactly my point. I think you're just wanting to argue here sweetheart. You have the droop rule because of the shocks nowadays. We didn't have the fronts pinned down 15 years ago. Racing was racing. Just look at the bodies from then compared to now

I believe the technology and spring smashers and all the different combos of stacks for spring have hurt more so then shocks, and I think there is so much miss information that is available to be given and someone think they are getting help is another big thing.

buzz , its defiantly a combo of both , and 15 years ago , a spec motor could still win a race , but with shock and spring tech today , in the slick , the big engine has to much of an advantage even with a weight break....what you think " SWEET HEART " .....just kidding MBR......

That's exactly my point. I think you're just wanting to argue here sweetheart. You have the droop rule because of the shocks nowadays. We didn't have the fronts pinned down 15 years ago. Racing was racing. Just look at the bodies from then compared to now
    You have the droop rule because wedge cars are faster than 1990 cars. The bodies getting out of hand is why we race the cars that way. And there are other ways to get the same attitude aside from running ratcheting shocks. That said, a decent old monotube shock can ratchet all you want with minor parts changes. The body drives the racing strategy. Not a $7000 set of shocks.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-26-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

buzz , its defiantly a combo of both , and 15 years ago , a spec motor could still win a race , but with shock and spring tech today , in the slick , the big engine has to much of an advantage even with a weight break....what you think " SWEET HEART " .....just kidding MBR......
    Fast Ford,

15 years ago, you could win a feature at Florence Speedway Ky with an iron 406. Today you can't. The reason is about 900# of additional downforce. LR suspension gains are part of it too, but the rest of the suspension is compromised for downforce racing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2