Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Larson

Quote Originally Posted by lmfan71 View Post
    If kyle Larson was in kyle Busch's car he would be winning at a higher rate than Kyle.
    NopeKyle damages the car too often and doesn’t make it to the end of the long races. He has talent but needs to learn how to finish. I think that’s part of the reason Chip brought Kurt to the team (to help Larson get the mental side of the long NASCAR races in check).

Exclamation

If kyle Larson was in kyle Busch's car he would be winning at a higher rate than Kyle.
    In FULL AGREEMENT !! If'n Jimmy Johnson, Chase Elliott, Ryan Newman,and Kyle Larson would have been in a JGR Racing unit, they would've been champed on up by now ! ! Everyone knows that racing by the GM cars haven't been competitive since the Obama GM bailout.

That sir is just a plain silly statement. I like Larson, but you apparently are in the camp that if you don't like a driver, then he is not very good. I am sure Raceready and CIRF will cheer your statement on. Two other know nothings. LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm still hoping it will somehow be Hendrick. Either one is a major upgrade.
    I think Hendrick would put him in the 48 for sure. However, I am not sure that Hendrick would allow him to race every week in the off season. That would most likely be a deal breaker for Kyle. SHR is sure a possibility at some point. That would cause a few people to have heart failure/smile

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I think Hendrick would put him in the 48 for sure. However, I am not sure that Hendrick would allow him to race every week in the off season. That would most likely be a deal breaker for Kyle. SHR is sure a possibility at some point. That would cause a few people to have heart failure/smile
    Didn't Rick Hendrick allow Kasey Kahne to start running open wheel stuff at the end of his tenure at HMS. I do remember Rick frowning on such a thing but if I remember right, he eased up at the end of Kasey's carreer.
    8/13/16

Didn't Rick Hendrick allow Kasey Kahne to start running open wheel stuff at the end of his tenure at HMS. I do remember Rick frowning on such a thing but if I remember right, he eased up at the end of Kasey's carreer.
    A little bit. Not as much as Larson wants to race. I could see Kyle going to stewart haas or staying at ganassi

Yes he did, and you are also correct about frowning a bit. Frankly Larson would be his number one choice IMO. However it would surprise me if he allowed this much off season racing. Kyle definitely would not give it up based on his statements for his love of dirt track racing. If it is possible, Kyle loves racing dirt even more than Stewart and that is saying something.

Pretty sure Bowyer, Almirola and Kyle are all on the last years of their contracts. Just something to think about going into next year.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 02-27-2020 at 01:39 PM.

If it is possible, Kyle loves racing dirt even more than Stewart and that is saying something.
    I'm sure when Kyle stated that his Chilli Bowl win was bigger than any Cup win, he rattled a lot of the top brass in NASCAR.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Pretty sure Bowyer, Almirola and Kyle both are all on the last years of their contracts. Just something to think about going into next year.
    Looks like the obvious path right now. It would be a upgrade but sure would like to see him at HMS.
    8/13/16

I will not be surprised to see Kyle in the 14 and Clint in the fox sports booth

I'm sure when Kyle stated that his Chilli Bowl win was bigger than any Cup win, he rattled a lot of the top brass in NASCAR.
    I doubt it. Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon have been talking up the Knoxville Nationals for years.

Maybe. More than that it confirmed where Kyle places his racing heart. Actually racing dirt has to be a lot more fun than the marathon Nascar car races for drivers who have real experience and success on dirt.
    I am not bashing Nascar BTW/smile.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    I doubt it. Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon have been talking up the Knoxville Nationals for years.
    Kyle Larson races dirt regularly and won the Chilli Bowl along with numerous other races. Stewart OWNS the car that has had great results @ Knoxville. Jeff Gordon last raced on dirtI'll wait for your response on that one.
    8/13/16

Kyle Larson races dirt regularly and won the Chilli Bowl along with numerous other races. Stewart OWNS the car that has had great results @ Knoxville. Jeff Gordon last raced on dirtI'll wait for your response on that one.
    What difference does that make? What matters is what they have said.

Gordon came up thru the open wheel ranks. It has always surprised me that, HE HASN'T GIVEN BACK, you can say he had a lot to do with gravel winning knoxville and I don't disagree. But, as TS does, I think Gordon could get a major sponsor on a WoO level deal easily. He see's talent In a driver and brings him into nascrap, Jimmie Johnson. He has helped gravel chase nascrap and I'll be curious to see where this goes.

Gordon has not shown any interest in getting involved in dirt track racing. I believe for him, it was a means to an end. That is fine, but Gordon really shows no interest in owning race teams or getting involved with any of them. He will check out potential Nascar drivers most likely, but I that think he has left the racing pretty much behind except of course the Booth. Every one is different. Johnson doesn't seem to have much interest in getting involved in racing other than driving and that is his right also. I will be surprised if Johnson gets involved in much where racing is concerned after this year. I don't see him in the booth either. Maybe I am wrong. He may latch on to something to do with fitness as a spokes person or something. He sure enjoys keeping fit. He might do a ride share in the Daytona 24hr deal or something like that, though

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    What difference does that make? What matters is what they have said.
    Did they say those dirt races were the most important?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

You mean a man crush on himself. They are one in the same. They call that the multiple username trickery.
    Hey highside halfwit, care to provide proof to back that statement up or are you further honing your gasbag skills? Lay it all out there, sporty! LOL!

Gordon has not shown any interest in getting involved in dirt track racing. I believe for him, it was a means to an end. That is fine, but Gordon really shows no interest in owning race teams or getting involved with any of them. He will check out potential Nascar drivers most likely, but I that think he has left the racing pretty much behind except of course the Booth. Every one is different. Johnson doesn't seem to have much interest in getting involved in racing other than driving and that is his right also. I will be surprised if Johnson gets involved in much where racing is concerned after this year. I don't see him in the booth either. Maybe I am wrong. He may latch on to something to do with fitness as a spokes person or something. He sure enjoys keeping fit. He might do a ride share in the Daytona 24hr deal or something like that, though
    You know he was doing some Indy car type testing/developmental stuff a few weeks ago right? He also said he wants to get back into doing some off road truck stuff again