Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default It's Saturday nite w/o racing, Can we talk about moving FL dates again?

I know many of yall don't like change, but we can support Volusia without the Nascar crowd & the prices that go with it!! I've said it's as simple as switching East Bay & Volusia, if we must have the same dates!! But we could adjust the dates a little, without even losing a race!! And for the record, we do Volusia and Daytona both!!

I like that plan. Switch East Bay and Volusia (although which track will take over when East bay closes?)Daytona needs bulldozed (except for Rolex 24 and some other road racing during the year).

There is racing at several tracks across the South.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    I know many of yall don't like change, but we can support Volusia without the Nascar crowd & the prices that go with it!! I've said it's as simple as switching East Bay & Volusia, if we must have the same dates!! But we could adjust the dates a little, without even losing a race!! And for the record, we do Volusia and Daytona both!!
    What’s your plan with the other classes that race at Eastbay and Volusia during that time?

Like he said, there are many tracks racing across the South in Feb. Just shuffle them around! Run Screven and Golden Isles, instead of East Bay then! Against Daytona. Many scenarios!

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Like he said, there are many tracks racing across the South in Feb. Just shuffle them around! Run Screven and Golden Isles, instead of East Bay then! Against Daytona. Many scenarios!
    I’m sure of the many scenarios, but with as many tracks running. Everybody would have to agree, that’s hard to do in this world. IMO, I like the way it’s set up, but I’m more of a traditionalist.

I’m worried about what’s gonna replace Eastbay in a few years, than anything else. Not a big fan of All Tech, mostly because those guys run Volusia and Golden Isles, which is also hard on motors.

Maybe i'm asleep at the wheel but I don't see a issue with the current schedule ...both tracks (EB and Volusia) have excellent crowds every night .. I would be concerned about what replaces East Bay if that does indeed happen.

What if All Tech gets it but only runs 3 nights and not 6

Screven is dead. He Tryed paying big dollars and thought guys in florida would come up north. Well, I know it was under 30 cars . Not having WoO sanctioning hurt. The place is not run professionally at all.

If EB goes away, it’ll probably end up at All Tech, but the Lucas portion of Speedweeks will lose most of its luster, unfortunately. In a perfect world, when East Bay goes away, the conversation about co-sanctioning should happen again, and Volusia could hold all the races.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

^^^Yeah. There is no track available that can replace East Bay.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    ^^^Yeah. There is no track available that can replace East Bay.
    Bubbas a close second. I hope he gets his act together this year!

i as well thought bubba's might get part of the east bay days when it closes. I always thought the racing was decent when they kept it wet

Bring Lucas Winternationals to Hendry County Motorsports Park. If they gonna come to FL they might as well come to the southern most dirt track in the U.S

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Bubbas a close second. I hope he gets his act together this year!
    Bubba might be a close second to all tech but it doesn't hold a candle to East Bay. The last Lucas race there was in 2018 and the parking lot at East Bay was prepped better than the track at Bubba.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Bubba might be a close second to all tech but it doesn't hold a candle to East Bay. The last Lucas race there was in 2018 and the parking lot at East Bay was prepped better than the track at Bubba.
    HAHA i actually laughed at my desk....and I know you're right too. I've seen it all at BRP....I've the track so slopped up that it should have been called Bubba's Bog, and Ive seen it dryer than the Sahara. It mostly depends on which piece of equipment is broken that week, or which employee quit or got fired that week. I sat strapped in my car (because they made us wait in the car) for an hour while they watered the track with a dang pressure washer one night. The surface at BRP CAN work nicely - but it's a challenge. Back before bubba bought it the surface was this gray gumbo clay stuff. Very odd to work with, but done right it stay tacky all night. Bubba then dumped a bunch of some kind of brown crap on it that was rocky, rough, and dry all the time. So then he dug down into the gumbo and mixed it all together...so the surface is an odd blend of material. Someone needs to know what they're doing with that particular surface it get it to come in right, but it can be done. I still think Lucas either looking at buying Bubbas, or maybe just leasing it for a few weeks would be the way to go after East Bay is gone.

If any track could match the surface at east bay it could easily be Screven. The place has a fantastic surface, it's just a shame the rest of the joint is what it is. The first thing someone would have to do is get the lighting out of the infield because it just blinds the spectator. The second thing is the main grandstand is virtually on top of the racing surface, it's just a accident waiting to happen. WoO has moved on from racing there and I don't think that the Lucas series would be interested due to the above reasons. Lucas in my opinion is going to do something, guess we just have to wait and see what happens with east bay. 4 yrs. or whatever it is , is a long way off and things can easily change.

The schedule for 2021 is going to be interesting. Daytona has announced the 500 will be on Feb. 14. The Super Bowl will be in Tampa and the game is on Feb. 7, only one week apart. If both series decide to keep their dates at their normal times for East Bay and Volusia, East Bay will take place during Super Bowl week. Hotels there are already booked. What few that can still be had are high priced.

Just to be clear WoO wanted to continue racing at Screven but move the dates after Speedweeks. The back straight and front straights will be flip flopped this year - hopefully by the July event. Lighting will be changed as well as LEDs are installed. What is currently the front grandstands will be elevated like the grandstands on the back. And for those that said its dead. Screven's Winter Freeze XI has already been planned and will be headlined by Super Late Models each night again.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Just to be clear WoO wanted to continue racing at Screven but move the dates after Speedweeks. The back straight and front straights will be flip flopped this year - hopefully by the July event. Lighting will be changed as well as LEDs are installed. What is currently the front grandstands will be elevated like the grandstands on the back. And for those that said its dead. Screven's Winter Freeze XI has already been planned and will be headlined by Super Late Models each night again.
    Thank you for continuing to post the facts, Kel. I made my first visit to Screven in 2015. It has gotten better and better every year since. I can’t wait til the next show.